Zalontae Hillery Progress

Canes91

Freshman
Anybody heard how this kid is progressing? He most def looks the part. Just checking if anybody knew how he has been looking in practice?

Advertisement
Curious, too. Can make a big difference with next year's OL situation.

Agree, very quiet. Hear some small snippets, which are positive. Goes for all the frosh other than Donaldson.

Im sure all the young frosh will be as expected under CMR. Hillery, Evidence, JT4, along with Wilder... Perry is God's gift.

Advertisement
Considerable progress from Hillery, Herbert and Gaynor would be nice. If we can establish a dependable running game and Nkosi is the playmaker we expect, then we'll take the next step. At least two OL per class have to be studs and the other nipping at their heals to make us playoff contenders.

I expect we'll be able to back-fill Darling with the talent we are building on the OL. But McDermott / LT will be harder. Someone really needs to step up there. Hillery has as much a chance as anyone to earn major snaps. Hopefully Brown and Jones are working out 6 hours a day in the weight room to get stronger so we don't need to call on Hillery or Herbert (or Scaife) too early.

I expect we'll be able to back-fill Darling with the talent we are building on the OL. But McDermott / LT will be harder. Someone really needs to step up there. Hillery has as much a chance as anyone to earn major snaps. Hopefully Brown and Jones are working out 6 hours a day in the weight room to get stronger so we don't need to call on Hillery or Herbert (or Scaife) too early.

Jones??? Lmao...FOH with that Jones talk...guy is trash and should be on fat trimming watch for getting that scholly taken this Spring

Last edited:

Jone??? Lmao...FOH with that Jones talk...guy is trash and should be on fat trimming watch for getting that scholly taken this Spring

Jahair Jones is a bum.

Advertisement

Run blocking is terrible....the entire line needs to be working 6 hours a day in the weight room....

DMoney has been singing this guy’s praises all season on scout team. He was scout team offensive player of the year at LT. His athleticism and feet are off the charts. I see him definitely getting burn next season

DMoney has been singing this guy’s praises all season on scout team. He was scout team offensive player of the year at LT. His athleticism and feet are off the charts. I see him definitely getting burn next season

That's great news. Should it be concerning that our LT got the accolade over N'Kosi or did N'Kosi get another award?

That's great news. Should it be concerning that our LT got the accolade over N'Kosi or did N'Kosi get another award?

Weldon was scout team qb i think.

Advertisement

What about herbert?

Jones??? Lmao...FOH with that Jones talk...guy is trash and should be on fat trimming watch for getting that scholly taken this Spring

Let's stop with the fat trimming talk until we actually are using most of our available scholarships. Better to roll the dice you end up with a contributing backup for even a few snaps than to let the scholly sit unused.

I really loved this guy as a recruit. He wasn’t the big fat sloppy typical overhyped HS OL. He had an athletic build that could really fill out. I also loved his competitiveness at Paradise. When he got beat, he took it very personally, and that’s a good thing to see.

Advertisement
Anybody heard how this kid is progressing? He most def looks the part. Just checking if anybody knew how he has been looking in practice?

Saw a photo of him on the other site during bowl practice. He most definitely looks the part. Looks like he's been spending a lot of time with big Gus because dude is ripped now.

Hope that's a good sign for things to come.

Saw a photo of him on the other site during bowl practice. He most definitely looks the part. Looks like he's been spending a lot of time with big Gus because dude is ripped now.

Hope that's a good sign for things to come.

Thats what I'm saying dude seems to be attacking the weight room hard. Big Dude not much bad weight on him at all.

I'm pretty sure D Money was talking him up earlier , he seemed to think he's made a good jump during the season.

Appreciate insight Pete.

Advertisement
Back