Zalontae Hillery Progress

Advertisement
Here's a post about Hillary that no one will argue over. lol

[TWEET]946469971491803141[/TWEET]

I expect we'll be able to back-fill Darling with the talent we are building on the OL. But McDermott / LT will be harder. Someone really needs to step up there. Hillery has as much a chance as anyone to earn major snaps. Hopefully Brown and Jones are working out 6 hours a day in the weight room to get stronger so we don't need to call on Hillery or Herbert (or Scaife) too early.

Jones??? Lmao...FOH with that Jones talk...guy is trash and should be on fat trimming watch for getting that scholly taken this Spring

Let's stop with the fat trimming talk until we actually are using most of our available scholarships. Better to roll the dice you end up with a contributing backup for even a few snaps than to let the scholly sit unused.

Tell me you have seen this kid practice the last 3 years?! If not, then please refrain from white knighting for this slouch. Sure, he is a warm body for practice squad, but kid will never contribute in a game here. At some point in time we need to replace practice players on scholly with guys that actually have a chance of playing in games based on natural talent. As far as I'm concerned, guy was a scholly bust when we needed guys that could come in right away and contribute...maybe not be all star players, but give solid minutes.

Big Z getting it done on the scout team. I like this news. Big fella putting in work and showing effort. Gus can make Big Z a monster.

Go Canes!

I expect we'll be able to back-fill Darling with the talent we are building on the OL. But McDermott / LT will be harder. Someone really needs to step up there. Hillery has as much a chance as anyone to earn major snaps. Hopefully Brown and Jones are working out 6 hours a day in the weight room to get stronger so we don't need to call on Hillery or Herbert (or Scaife) too early.

Jones??? Lmao...FOH with that Jones talk...guy is trash and should be on fat trimming watch for getting that scholly taken this Spring

Let's stop with the fat trimming talk until we actually are using most of our available scholarships. Better to roll the dice you end up with a contributing backup for even a few snaps than to let the scholly sit unused.

Tell me you have seen this kid practice the last 3 years?! If not, then please refrain from white knighting for this slouch. Sure, he is a warm body for practice squad, but kid will never contribute in a game here. At some point in time we need to replace practice players on scholly with guys that actually have a chance of playing in games based on natural talent. As far as I'm concerned, guy was a scholly bust when we needed guys that could come in right away and contribute...maybe not be all star players, but give solid minutes.

We have more than enough open slots to add as many quality players as we can find. Until that's not true, why would you show anyone the door?

Advertisement
I gotta say, him lining up next to Donaldson for the next couple years is intriguing. Kind of disappointing he couldn't make an impact at tackle.

Da0cq00W4AA8V_s.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yep. I think it’s a good spot for him. He still needs some seasoning but I like his upside. Very quick to the second level and aggressive.

Agreed he looks tall and very athletic looks like he has shorter arms though to play tackle. Could be a beast at Guard for years to come.

We need some **** tackles man! Who are the tackles on the current roster? St. Louis, Donaldson, Herbert, Campbell? Anyone else. If not, we need 3 true tackles in this next class.

We need some **** tackles man! Who are the tackles on the current roster? St. Louis, Donaldson, Herbert, Campbell? Anyone else. If not, we need 3 true tackles in this next class.

Hillery, Herbert, Campbell, Scaife, Brown all return in 2019. We’ll be fine.

Advertisement
Agreed he looks tall and very athletic looks like he has shorter arms though to play tackle. Could be a beast at Guard for years to come.

Yea I always noticed his shorter arms but just hoped that it wouldn't limit him because he has the potential to have great feet. He's kind of built similar to KC McDermott in that way

Hillery and Scaife are guards, not saying they can't play tackle but they are being trained as guards.

Scaife is the type that can play anywhere on the ol. Coaches have also said this. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended up at tackle , or at least getting a bunch of burn there.

He’s a special ol prospect.

All this talk of getting rid of Jones and Brown. And one looks slated to start while the other is in the two deep. Some might say that just means guys like Herbert and Gaynor aren’t as good as advertised, I think OL is where most players just take longer to develop. I like the OL we have now, with only two kids who are questionable in Milo and Dykstra. Rosier and Perry need to help them out more with faster reads and better mobility. Even championship lines can’t hold a pocket for more than a few seconds.

Advertisement
When you build your OL they are usually ready in three years. Sometimes two.

Crazy talent kids come in a couple of years.if a kid develops along the line it is year 3.

Advertisement
Back