Zakaih Saez - 2023 DE - 6'6" 220lbs

2:46 is the play he should've put on his highlights FIRST.

But you can look through the whole tape and see great knee bend for a kid who's 6'6".
Solid! Point made and noted ✅
Not “ELITE” yet, but absolutely wonderful for his age and size on that play. Beast

Advertisement
I think people are underestimating how hard it is to look "explosive" or twitchy when you're freakin' 6'6".

He reminds me of Rashad Weaver when I had him, but Rashad was in 11th grade.
VERY similar movement and body to Weaver. (who was also a 6'5" basketball player)
fwiw I’m 5’11” and I couldn’t find twitchy with a map and compass 😂

Last converted BB player we saw with that size and frame in Broward was the Turner kid.

Rouseau didn't have a lick of DL fundamentals. What are you talkin' about? LOL
In terms of being a project, this kid is EXACTLY like Rouseau.
Show me where I mentioned Rousseau had DL fundamentals. I was speaking on his ability to play football. Rousseau was doing the small things right such as taking proper angles to the ball, playing fast but under control, not just ready-set-go type of game this kid has. Level of competition also goes to Rousseau. This kid is playing against kids who would see the field at Mater Academy. That's what I meant.

I'm calling it now so when it eventually happens you can say "**** Macho, you were right!"
Kid is going to be a huge prospect who's recruitment is going to pick up big time during spring.

6'6" 220lb basketball kid. Averages like 25 PPG. Raw on the football field but extremely athletic and has two more years to refine his technique.

Zakaih Saez​

He’s a big kid with a lot of potential.

But....he’s not new to football, he’s play his whole life. Also, his step dad is a HS DL coach. He used to coach at Oxbridge a few years ago.

Advertisement
I was talking about physical traits/athleticism, which are very similar to Rousseau’s. If anything this kid has a leg up on GR because he’s already playing DE as a 10th grader. Playing Rousseau at WR hindered his development as a lineman. That was an example of a high school coach just trying to use his best athlete as much as possible to win games. GR was a three star project as a senior. He was nowhere near a finished product.
You're right bro. I didn't even think about that. Great point.

He’s a big kid with a lot of potential.

But....he’s not new to football, he’s play his whole life. Also, his step dad is a HS DL coach. He used to coach at Oxbridge a few years ago.
If you know him or his family, tell the kid to re-order his highlights.
He has plays that show explosion and bend, but they're later in his tape. He needs to have those plays up front. College coaches only watch the first minute or so.

Advertisement
Hope this kid goes to UA Camp so we can size him up. Sometimes basketball players are spindly but Saez looks to have some lean strength to him. Rashad Weaver was bigger, though.

When you go back and study the 3* guys who get to the NFL, a lot of them look like this. You can't coach height, change-of-direction and acceleration.

At that size/age I don't see how he could stay lean/quick enough to end up as a DE in 4+ years.
247 has him listed as a DT so you may be right. They don’t list his weight but he already looks bigger as a sophomore than Rousseau did as a HS senior, especially in his lower body.
2CD1A1C1-7920-4BED-8486-2FC47541C82E.jpeg

D170E00C-BFD5-4C08-A4CC-57613D2F426D.jpeg

Real interesting prospect to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Hope this kid goes to UA Camp so we can size him up. Sometimes basketball players are spindly but Saez looks to have some lean strength to him. Rashad Weaver was bigger, though.

When you go back and study the 3* guys who get to the NFL, a lot of them look like this. You can't coach height, change-of-direction and acceleration.
Weaver AS A JUNIOR was thicker, but Saez is only a 10th grader.
Weaver graduated around 240'ish. I can see Saez getting there easily.

I see more knee-bend with Saez than I did with Weaver.
And Weaver could never dunk like Saez does.

Advertisement
Yall getting all Mel Kiper on the kid.
He's a 10th grader who plays basketball.
No 10th grader has great technique. LOL

***** his technique, look at the kid's body movement. His ability to move, change direction, bend, etc etc etc...at 6'6".

His athletic potential is thru the roof. That's what you look at when gauging potential. Rouseau didn't have any DL technique in HS, he was a WR.
FACTS

Yeah I watched it again. His first step isn’t elite. He’s 6’6” and I’ll assume that he’ll continue to get coached and develop. It wasn’t intended as a slight. It’s an observation. I would absolutely offer him personally, exactly as he is. Dam if we only offered finished products, we wouldn’t need coaches. Great find
G15 still has a bad first n will go in round 1, **** yes i offer

I've had 2 D-linemen who were basketball players.

Rashad Weaver - 1st team All-American and possible first-round draft pick.

Brandon Dorlus - playing early at Oregon, coaches rave about him, probably going to be an NFL player.

This Saez kid has a higher athletic ceiling than both of them at the same period in their career.

Advertisement
Back