Zakaih Saez - 2023 DE - 6'6" 220lbs

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
I'm calling it now so when it eventually happens you can say "**** Macho, you were right!"
Kid is going to be a huge prospect who's recruitment is going to pick up big time during spring.

6'6" 220lb basketball kid. Averages like 25 PPG. Raw on the football field but extremely athletic and has two more years to refine his technique.

Zakaih Saez​

Advertisement
So... he’s definitely got elite size and should gain strength obviously. He’s young, so he doesn’t have an elite skill set for the position yet. However, he doesn’t look to have a quick first step. We’ll see, but he’s going to need to be faster off the line. Just watched his film and his very slow first step is painful to watch. Could he become a great player? Yes 100% I’ll wait and see if he develops, before I give him his fifth star. Zero disrespect from me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can see the potential with his size, speed, and fluidity. To be so fluid on the field for a person his size is impressive but a few red flags stick out while watching his film. He's extremely raw right now. I'm not sure he's getting good coaching where he's at right now. He has no technique. Only thing he's does well technique wise is engage his blockers chest other than that nada. The level of competition he's facing is highly suspect as well. Good thing is he's only a sophomore, he has time to develop. I wouldn't mind the coaches throwing him a verbal offer just to get in early and monitor his development.

LOL first of all his dc is coach macho that’s how coach Macho knows about him and two that’s 8a it’s good football
Unless he transferred to Deerfield this, year he’s not one of Macho’s kids. He’s got the physical attributes our staff likes. Great size. He’s quick for a 6’5” kid too. He’s completely raw though. His highlights are just him blowing past high school tackles and into the backfield. He doesn’t use his hands at all. Also, the number of offenses that tried to block him using only a running back is scary. Definitely a Rousseau-type of project player though. He’s got the stuff you can’t coach. Maybe after a redshirt and a year in the strength program, he can be a legit option.

Unless he transferred to Deerfield this, year he’s not one of Macho’s kids. He’s got the physical attributes our staff likes. Great size. He’s quick for a 6’5” kid too. He’s completely raw though. His highlights are just him blowing past high school tackles and into the backfield. He doesn’t use his hands at all. Also, the number of offenses that tried to block him using only a running back is scary. Definitely a Rousseau-type of project player though. He’s got the stuff you can’t coach. Maybe after a redshirt and a year in the strength program, he can be a legit option.
Oh you're right I thought I read it as a deerfield player.

Advertisement
You're over-estimating his ability. He's not even close to the talent/ability that Rousseau was in high school. Remember, Rousseau was a WR/S/LB in the 10th and 11th grade. Rousseau was more football savvy compared to this kid, the fundamentals were already set for Rousseau. This kid needs a foundation laid to even start building on his technique. He's a blank canvas at this point, he needs strong coaching which I question at his current school, as well.

He is not playing against really great talent, but you can't teach size. He looks overpowering strength-wise but again he is playing against nobody.

Yall getting all Mel Kiper on the kid.
He's a 10th grader who plays basketball.
No 10th grader has great technique. LOL

***** his technique, look at the kid's body movement. His ability to move, change direction, bend, etc etc etc...at 6'6".

His athletic potential is thru the roof. That's what you look at when gauging potential. Rouseau didn't have any DL technique in HS, he was a WR.

Advertisement
So... he’s definitely got elite size and should gain strength obviously. He’s young, so he doesn’t have an elite skill set for the position yet. However, he doesn’t look to have a quick first step. We’ll see, but he’s going to need to be faster off the line. Just watched his film and his very slow first step is painful to watch. Could he become a great player? Yes 100% I’ll wait and see if he develops, before I give him his fifth star. Zero disrespect from me.
Nothing wrong with his first step.
You're referring to the plays where he stopped his feet and "sat" because his Offensive Tackle blocked down.

You're over-estimating his ability. He's not even close to the talent/ability that Rousseau was in high school. Remember, Rousseau was a WR/S/LB in the 10th and 11th grade. Rousseau was more football savvy compared to this kid, the fundamentals were already set for Rousseau. This kid needs a foundation laid to even start building on his technique. He's a blank canvas at this point, he needs strong coaching which I question at his current school, as well.
Rouseau didn't have a lick of DL fundamentals. What are you talkin' about? LOL
In terms of being a project, this kid is EXACTLY like Rouseau.

I was talking about physical traits/athleticism, which are very similar to Rousseau’s. If anything this kid has a leg up on GR because he’s already playing DE as a 10th grader. Playing Rousseau at WR hindered his development as a lineman. That was an example of a high school coach just trying to use his best athlete as much as possible to win games. GR was a three star project as a senior. He was nowhere near a finished product.

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with his first step.
You're referring to the plays where he stopped his feet and "sat" because his Offensive Tackle blocked down.
Yeah I watched it again. His first step isn’t elite. He’s 6’6” and I’ll assume that he’ll continue to get coached and develop. It wasn’t intended as a slight. It’s an observation. I would absolutely offer him personally, exactly as he is. Dam if we only offered finished products, we wouldn’t need coaches. Great find

Advertisement
Back