Zakaih Saez - 2023 DE - 6'6" 220lbs

I've had 2 D-linemen who were basketball players.

Rashad Weaver - 1st team All-American and possible first-round draft pick.

Brandon Dorlus - playing early at Oregon, coaches rave about him, probably going to be an NFL player.

This Saez kid has a higher athletic ceiling than both of them at the same period in their career.
Did he transfer tO DEERFIELD is the question

Advertisement
I think people are underestimating how hard it is to look "explosive" or twitchy when you're freakin' 6'6".

He reminds me of Rashad Weaver when I had him, but Rashad was in 11th grade.
VERY similar movement and body to Weaver. (who was also a 6'5" basketball player)
What’s his football interest vs Bball?

Yall getting all Mel Kiper on the kid.
He's a 10th grader who plays basketball.
No 10th grader has great technique. LOL

***** his technique, look at the kid's body movement. His ability to move, change direction, bend, etc etc etc...at 6'6".

His athletic potential is thru the roof. That's what you look at when gauging potential. Rouseau didn't have any DL technique in HS, he was a WR.
Exactly. Also, imagine him in 5 years, not just two. He could come in, redshirt, develop further. Man, the dude could be 6'8" 270 in 5 years, with athleticism. Sometimes you just need to take a chance on a dude with size and athletic ability. Not everyone is a day one starter. Not everyone is fully developed at 18.

I just don't understand people. If he's not a polished product, at 15, he might not be worth the risk? **** with that.

Advertisement

here we go batman GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back