Zach Johnson FGCU

Huell needs to get stronger, for starters. He’d disappear for long stretches against formidable 5s in conference play.

Advertisement
I think he was talking starting lineup. Johnson should start over Wilson.

Wilson is 6-5. I'd rather run a 3 guard offense, especially if we have Huell and Izundu in there, because Wilson is much better than Amp. People are sleeping on Wilson. Kid can flat out play.

Wilson is 6-5. I'd rather run a 3 guard offense, especially if we have Huell and Izundu in there, because Wilson is much better than Amp. People are sleeping on Wilson. Kid can flat out play.
Amp is a good player, too. He was second on the team in rebounds and is a solid defender. He can also shoot the 3.

Advertisement
Good and bad with Amp is he can give you 20 on a given night and then follow that up with 2. I've never thought confidence was an issue for Amp (unlike, say Asbury, Amp seemed confident in his game as a true frosh) so his scoring inconsistency is all the more inexplicable to me.

He's not very athletic, almost stiff even, but he does rebound and have good size, and is a contributor even in one of those games where he doesn't score much.

Huell should work on his shot and become a PF. It's his only shot at making a living playing ball in the NBA.

Advertisement
Back