Z’s Prospect Watch: GA DT Devin Lee

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Yo, so I’m not going to giving a intro here lol. Devin’s 6’3 274. He had 26 TFL’s, 16 sacks, and I don’t know how the **** no one has a grade on this kid. Dude is as athletic as they come and looks to have heavy hands. Relentless motor, mean, with a gnarly first step. He literally throws kids out of his ways and eats double teams the way Joey chestnut eats hot dogs. Needs to gain weight and refine his technique but when he does this dude is going to be deadly. Don’t know how he isn’t one of the top 15 DT’s in the country. @Southside Cane or anybody with social media, this one needs to get to Stroud.

Advertisement
Sick speed for that size
That’s not even his best trait. That kid is stoned handed, he’s literally just moving dudes out of the way. The speed absolutely helps but you can’t have any better hands than he does at his age.

@DMoney, can you get involved in this?

He’s good. My only question would be size because it’s hard to tell on the film. If he’s really 6’3, 275, he will have a ton of offers by the start of the season. Saw that Mississippi State already jumped on board.

Advertisement
He’s good. My only question would be size because it’s hard to tell on the film. If he’s really 6’3, 275, he will have a ton of offers by the start of the season. Saw that Mississippi State already jumped on board.
Don’t think it’s the size. I don’t think he plays for a prominent program in metro Atlanta and even if he isn’t that size that was last year’s tape. He’s got to be near it or bigger if it’s true by now.

Southside Cane or anybody with social media, this one needs to get to Stroud.
5A41029F-B20B-4971-8BAD-1852F00B406D.gif

Agreed about the need for his size verification. Looking at the video he looks more like 6ft and 250ish range at the 4:52 mark

Go Canes

Ok so I did some research and the kid is quoting his height and weight in articles plus insiders have home playing inside from other schools. It seems like the size is legit if schools like NC State and Illinois are projecting him inside.

Advertisement
Did Warren sapp have the size when he was a sr in high school. The kid will most likely get bigger.

That kid can dam sure play football and I wouldn't be mad at all if we take him.

Agreed about the need for his size verification. Looking at the video he looks more like 6ft and 250ish range at the 4:52 mark

Go Canes

Even if hes 250ish your talking about a jr in hs and that kid is pretty dam thick. Hes not a fat fck at all and he can really move well at his current weight.

This is smells like the type of kid that ends up at an alllllll right school (Iowa) and ends up being there leading tackler for losses and almost gets the total sack record for his career.

Advertisement
As of the time of this posting, Rivals lists him as a 3 star with a 5.5 rating.
Here's the link: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/devin-lee-260843
Maybe they read your post and got cracking. :confused::unsure:
Btw if rivals actually had a grade then that composite box under player rating would have a star grade because FYI it’s used to measure every grade by a recruiting site to make it one and it starts when AT LEAST one site gives a player a ranking. Sooooooo no actually Rivals doesn’t have a grade.

Advertisement
People still read rivals?
Anyways, are you going to post any of use or help for a talented kid or did you think it’ll be cute to try and start a fight?

Btw if rivals actually had a grade then that composite box under player rating would have a star grade because FYI it’s used to measure every grade by a recruiting site to make it one and it starts when AT LEAST one site gives a player a ranking. Sooooooo no actually Rivals doesn’t have a grade.

As to your first reply, my response was based on incorrectly viewing the attachment to your initial post above as being from Rivals.
So, when I used language such as "at the time of this posting" and "maybe they read your post and got cracking" it was in a positive context and based on what I thought was your "Rivals" attachment not having any stars [3] or numerical rating [5.7], and Rivals subsequently providing this information.
It wasn't an attempt to take a shot at you,, but I could see where you might think so.
I have since seen that what you attached was actually from 247 whereas what I attached was from Rivals, so my comments above actually don't apply.

As to your second reply and as I understand it, you view a "star grade' as a number and are saying that because there are no numbers on Rivals for this player above the "natl," "pos" or "st" abbreviations (interesting how those numbers are generated) this kid does not have a "grade."
I see that Borrregales, Rodriguez, Curtis, Haye, McLaughlin, and Burns similarly do not have any numbers above those abbreviations or "grades" as you would view it on the Rivals website.
Irrespective of whether its characterized as a grade, star grade, rating, ranking, or something else, and although no website is the be-all end-all gospel, Rivals listing this kid as a 3 star with a 5.5 rating and Rivals listing varying number of stars and numerical ratings (and other information) for our commitments certainly provides some indicia as to this kid's and our above commitments talent, ability, etc.

Yo, so I’m not going to giving a intro here lol. Devin’s 6’3 274. He had 26 TFL’s, 16 sacks, and I don’t know how the **** no one has a grade on this kid. Dude is as athletic as they come and looks to have heavy hands. Relentless motor, mean, with a gnarly first step. He literally throws kids out of his ways and eats double teams the way Joey chestnut eats hot dogs. Needs to gain weight and refine his technique but when he does this dude is going to be deadly. Don’t know how he isn’t one of the top 15 DT’s in the country. @Southside Cane or anybody with social media, this one needs to get to Stroud.

I think he looks good. There's some decent teams down in Henry County but they also play outside of the area as well.

Advertisement
Back