You're named Miami's AD. What 3 changes do you make?

Katzenboyer

Freshman
Included the "you're the AD" to avoid responses about firing Blake/Strawley. Here's mine:

1. Hire a HC who has been a HC at at a G5 or P5 school. It's too steep of a learning curve for a first-timer to come in and be the administrative head of a program. Bring in someone who has done it before (Clawson, Campbell, Fleck, etc.)

2. Spend the money Enos is making on a major DC. It's much easier to manufacture offense in the college game, and you can do it for cheaper than it costs a stud DC. Give the big money to the defensive side of the ball and hire an OC at a small school to implement things on the offensive side of the ball (look at Kevin Johns, David Yost or Warren Ruggerio if you hire Clawson for the offensive side; all will come in for less than the $1M+ being handed to Enos).

3. Double the recruiting budget. It's believed to be less than $1 million per year, which puts us in the 20-30 range of expenditures per year. We have the ability to get within the Top 10 easily, and the fact that we don't is just sad.

What would you do? Let's try and be realistic (i.e., "drop bags" doesn't really help us much since we don't do it).

Advertisement
Hire a proven veteran to guide the process as a consultant/mentor. I know someone like Jimmy Johnson has no interest in being AD or HC, but maybe they'd be willing to mentor and offer advice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1) Fire Everybody

2) hire Matt Campbell and give him full control

3) Double the budget for recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
If money wasn't an issue, I'd fire the top 3. I'd give a letter of recommendation for Stubblefield to the next coach, but I would insist on the next coach cleaning house.

However, since we are cheap, we could probably only fire assistant coaches. I'd do that, then demand Manny make his players represent the University of Miami with professionalism. Trash the trinkets, and ban the dancing. If that doesn't work for next season, I'd fire him when it's more affordable to do so.

I'd sit down with Butch Davis. Pick his brain.

After all, FIU is the New Miami.
Capture fiu chain.JPG

Advertisement
Back