Your first UM game..

1988 OB vs OK. JJ vs Barry for all the marbles. Was on vacation from LA and went with Fam from the 305. What an Atmosphere! What a Defense (JB, BB, Stubbs, Moss...)! The OB that night was lit up for real. Have only seen a few games @ Rock nowhere close, but from TV maybe ND game?

Advertisement
1978 against San Diego State.

My dad told me the Canes had the best running back in college football and no one in the NFL knows about him. My dad wanted to see him play because he was sure the Dolphins would get him in the draft.

The following spring I remember my dad listening to the NFL draft on WIOD (how it was done back then - lol). "With the 6th pick of the first round, the St. Louis Cardinals choose.....Ottis Anderson, running back from Miami of Florida."

My dad was ****ed.

"THE GAME CHANGER"

October 7th 2000 #1 FSU Vs. #7 UM

My father took me to the game and I remember cutting my hand from banging on that metal piece in the upper deck @ the OB.
Was supposed to go to this one. Pregnant wife totaled car while I was fishing the Friday morning before. Was supposed to go home after fishing and head down to Miami to make a weekend of it but went to hospital instead. Wife and baby were good. Gave my Tix away and watched on TV. Rubbed unborn son's baby Miami hurricanes shoes all game and especially hard during the missed field goal at the end. His middle name is Cane and yes I still have the shoes today. I wasn't sure if we were ever going to beat FSU again if we would have lost that one.

Advertisement
Vs Wake Forest in 2008 and canes won but it was a terrible game and nobody was there... then I went again 5 years later for the fau game in 2013 for my first game as a student

Been going for 66 years , have no idea nor would I as my father took me as a real young kid. As I got older and he moved to Orlando, I got my own season tickets and have been going except for a 6 year space where I was not a season ticket holder.

Advertisement
I have been a fan since '83 but first game live was F$U at Miami 2004 and the old girl was rockin' that night. Gore broke it for the winning TD in OT and the place went nuts.

On a sidenote, met 2 cool dudes while watching the game and we grabbed beers/ hot dogs (I think) at halftime. Well, these guys were going to a party afterwards and the one guy sitting in front of me had on a white shirt and sat back too far at one point and got ketchup/mustard from my hot dog ALL over the back of his shirt. I was hammered and cannot remember if I said something or not. Either way, if you are on here I still feel bad to this day even though it was an accident. I guess that is what happens when one has a dozen shots of Crown Royal and beers at the W-2 parking lot. Only time I was ever at the Orange Bowl.
First game as well, also a fan from the 80's

2001 season vs the child molesters at their place. beat their ***. I was only 10 but it was better then raw dogging for the first time.

Wide Right III

My uncle and his gf took me. We left Western NC after my JV football game on that Thursday and drove all night and most of the morning to get to Miami. Absolute best football game I have ever seen.

Advertisement
First game was as an infant watching the Mad Stork with my parents, both UM students in 1966. Spent my first two years living in the married dorms.

1965 against ND, it was a scoreless tie. The QB for ND was from Fort Lauderdale named Zloch who I played Little League football with. ND was heavily favored

Advertisement
I was at the App State too Indy. That was the most fun I've had at a game in a long time and only had to drive about 70 miles to get there. I too an within a 3-5 hour drive of about 7 ACC teams. Blessing and a curse in that I can see away games often but it's difficult to get to home games.
I love the drive to Boone anyway. Good stuff man.

October 1, 1977 in the OB.

Miami 24 Pacific 3.

I think they were basically giving away tickets, so my Dad took the whole family. I was so little that I don't remember a whole lot about the game itself, but Ottis Anderson was Miami's RB.

Started going to games every year after that and saw the whole magical thing develop. Good times.

Advertisement
Back