Your first UM game..

linesniper

Pastor of Muppets
Now that we've spent that last few weeks cringing about what will be in the present, take a moment to reminisce about the past -- something we as Canes fans have grown quite fond of doing over the last decade and a half.

When and where was the first UM game you attended?

I'll kick it off....1983 in the Doak. Shnelly brought his #6 ranked Canes into Tallahassee vs an unranked FSU squad. Noles nearly pulled off the upset, but in the final 2 minutes. Kosar marched the offense straight down the field in my direction. Davis kicked the game winner in the final seconds and the ball nearly landed in my lap as time expired. Final score 17-16 good guys.

Our boys would go on to beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl that season for our first Natty. I was hooked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
‘82 or ‘83 Orange Bowl. My dad took me while he was still a student or a very recent grad - and he graduated in 1982.

Day game. Possibly East Carolina. Too young to remember specifics, sadly.

Edit: proud to have been there before the rings. Great times! “No blockee”

Last edited:
you lost your cherry in Trailerhassee ? ****.

mine was in the OB in 1983 when the Canes beat 13th ranked Notre Douche 20-0 .. the shutout was icing on the cake.

ahhhh but at least we both came up in our inaugural magical year on the scene!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now that we've spent that last few weeks cringing about what will be in the present, take a moment to reminisce about the past -- something we as Canes fans have grown quite fond of doing over the last decade and a half.

When and where was the first UM game you attended?

I'll kick it off....1983 in the Doak. Shnelly brought his #6 ranked Canes into Tallahassee vs an unranked FSU squad. Noles nearly pulled off the upset, but in the final 2 minutes. Kosar marched the offense straight down the field in my direction. Davis kicked the game winner in the final seconds and the ball nearly landed in my lap as time expired. Final score 17-16 good guys.

Our boys would go on to beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl that season for our first Natty. I was hooked.

2012 Miami beats Georgia Tech after a 17 point come back. Incredible goal line stand by the Door. Mike James game winning run in OT. Pretty epic game and tons of Canes fans in Atlanta

One of the few highlights of AL Golden career when he hugged Malcolm Lewis as they stabilized his ankle

2018, AT&T Stadium, Miami vs LSU, 50 yard line
46F77EA0-E1ED-473F-8BB0-09C2C0E1F993.jpeg
45C3571A-A0AD-4849-9B22-1750F7C00F3C.jpeg
4B8CBAD9-DAAC-417F-A06F-758B43B1B6BD.jpeg

Last edited:
2001 in the Orange Bowl. A 61-0 victory over Rutgers. It was the first home game of my freshman year, I had been a fan since I was about 5, and I'll never forget walking into the OB for the first time.

Advertisement
you lost your cherry in Trailerhassee ? ****.

mine was in the OB in 1983 when the Canes beat 13th ranked Notre Douche 20-0 .. the shutout was icing on the cake.

WOW , let me think, the only way I can do this is a player I remember watching Johnny Williams RB for Canes he also played high school ball at Southwest St high while I was finishing jr high at Glades .

Help an old man out here MDP what year was Johnny Williams star ZRB at the U 🙄🙄🙄🙄

GOCANES

Advertisement
WOW , let me think, the only way I can do this is a player I remember watching Johnny Williams RB for Canes he also played high school ball at Southwest St high while I was finishing jr high at Glades .

Help an old man out here MDP what year was Johnny Williams star ZRB at the U 🙄🙄🙄🙄

GOCANES
1972 - 1974. He was good back with great balance on not so good teams. He was also state champion wrestler

1972 - 1974. He was good back with great balance on not so good teams. He was also state champion wrestler

YES YES BROTHER 🙌🙌🙌

He was , I remember going to wrestling camps at SW coach Jim Husk HOF wrestling coach and watching JW wrestling WOW.

Thank you so much for your insight, I actually had JW practice with me as a young wide eye buck , great memories

THANK YOU AGAIN 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back