Your favorite uncle is back at it

I don’t disagree on some of the retreads that get 15 chances and associated issues but Kiffin isn’t the guy I’d make the poster child for that campaign. FWIW, I’m not sure Shannon’s recruiting is considered anything above average. How many times have we seen them refer to low star gems as “Randy Specials” on the gaytor board?
All Randy Shannon needs to do is work for FSU and USF and he'll corner the market on being disliked by college football fans in Florida. He's not highly thought of at UM, UF or UCF.

Advertisement
All Randy Shannon needs to do is work for FSU and USF and he'll corner the market on being disliked by college football fans in Florida. He's not highly thought of at UM, UF or UCF.

Also, not everyone wants to be a HC. Veneables from Clemson absolutely could be a HC now. Maybe its money, maybe its family, maybe its less stress. Can't assume every DC or OC automatically wants to be a HC. Randy was making what? like a million plus at UCF? Maybe thats worth it. No one expects UCF to beat bama, you are not recruiting against the top bag school for kids, in a much easier conference and STILL make a million a year?

I've found that people and organizations that obsessively tout positive traits about themselves like "family," "goodness," "charity," or "Christian" are usually the exact opposite.

In my neck, Lowe's lauds their safe and CoVid friendly procedures. For ten days, the bathrooms were remodeled. Not one at a time, but ALL of them at once. The replacement? Porto-potties. No sinks. Only hand-sanitizer. There are now working sinks. And much rejoicing.

Luke screams about his own intelligence and charisma for all the world to see. A scream so loud that every animal within a hundred miles goes deaf when he opens his mouth. He had one great album and was once a benefactor for people in need. Now?

Are there employment opportunities akin to professional wipers from Coming to America?

Have you guys met TrumpyCanes siblings?

258ED997-F6D6-4419-9A00-FA211B3E543F.jpeg

I don’t disagree on some of the retreads that get 15 chances and associated issues but Kiffin isn’t the guy I’d make the poster child for that campaign. FWIW, I’m not sure Shannon’s recruiting is considered anything above average. How many times have we seen them refer to low star gems as “Randy Specials” on the gaytor board?

That's a fair point too. Not every HC is hired for his recruiting prowess, though, and it is possible that Randy could change his stripes and hire some real recruiting aces to overcome his own personal "diamond-in-the-rough" tendencies.

I would also point out that the Gaytors seem to have a bunch of these issues, though. "Hev specials" and whatnot, we've seen the Gaytors gripe about multiple assistant coaches and their ****-poor recruiting. I've heard there is even a thread about this...

Advertisement
Also, not everyone wants to be a HC. Veneables from Clemson absolutely could be a HC now. Maybe its money, maybe its family, maybe its less stress. Can't assume every DC or OC automatically wants to be a HC. Randy was making what? like a million plus at UCF? Maybe thats worth it. No one expects UCF to beat bama, you are not recruiting against the top bag school for kids, in a much easier conference and STILL make a million a year?

Also a very fair point. I know we are mostly talking about Kiffin and Randy, but there has been a long history of some coaches getting 15 chances and others getting just one.

Interesting discussion, but probably hard to prove out definitively.

Advertisement
Back