Your absolute favorite/most important member of #Storm18?

Way Kool is fcking up at recruiting DT u would have to say the only DT we have committed

You got to relax man
2016 Pat bethel- coaches very high on
2017 jon ford- coaches very high on
2018 silvera- best dt in the country
Most important recruit for 2018 Gerald Willis who has practiced all fall and is locked in for next season accordingly to pete

That group of 4 alone is deeper than what most teams have on the roster. Not to mention guys who can slide inside on some downs

Whoever we bring in addition to silvera In this class will be gravy

Hard to relax when Kool can’t recruit . He needs help and it obvious. Can’t ignore positions we need 2 or 3 every year

Yup. He's the DL version of Rumph. Excellent at Xs and Os and developing players, but little sales ability.

Advertisement
this is exactly how I saw this thread going. Seriously nearly each member of #Storm18 was mentioned by some person or another in this thread. That just goes to show you how ******* elite this class it.

for those worried about the DL recruiting, just chill. Kool has proven it time and time before that he'll get the job done. Also, maybe the fact DL recruiting is on the quiet side means the staff knows something about RJ and/or Norton. Nesta, add Goldwire/highschool DT and Chatfield and we are fvckin!

my favorite will be Campbell if we can land him. dude has some serious talent

if not i'm very excited for Jarren Williamsn and Gurvan Hall, Williams obviously most important as he plays QB, Hall could be a great one

Advertisement
My favorite recruit is Brevin Jordan. I see him being elite. Most important to me depends on if you're talking short or long term. Short term, I think it's Nesta Silvera. If Kendrick and/or RJ leave early, he'll definitely need to come in and contribute quickly. Long term I think it's Jarren Williams. I mean it's QB.

Favorite who handled recuriting this year? Lo easily.

Favorite for who im most excited next year? Hall. Dude is gonna bring a mentality to the back end.

Advertisement
Mallory is a match up nightmare
Brevin is a beast
Scafe can play day one in my opinion
Hall is my favorite player
Rousseau has the biggest upside

Nesta Bloodclat Silvera

I was the first to ever bring his name up on the board. Knew he was a beast when he was a pup and a sophomore and not even playing dl.

QB can't pass without a line.

RB can't gain yards without holes.

LB can't make tackles if they're getting ate up by blocks.

DB can't cover all day.

I'm looking forward to Nesta Silvera and the OL recruits.

Advertisement
Lot of favorites in this class man. Really excited to see what Jarren Williams does this spring. Outside of nkosi I think he’s up there and probably the most gifted qb we’ve signed in a long time. Pure playmaker

most important: Silvera/Williams
earliest impact: Jordan
top remaining target: T.Cambpell
Favorite and IMO best player/sure bet for all conf type player: Hall

Most Upside: Mallory

Have questions about but still better than the bottom types of previous staff: Ivey

Position Group that is lagging a little: DT obv (need a strong finish)

Last edited:
Brevin Jordan will start right away. Huge hole at TE and we've seen just how important Njoku and Herndon were to this offense.

Advertisement
Jarren Williams looks like a perfect fit for Richt's offense and I was impressed by what he said on the podcast. That's the most important recruit.

Lingard. Instant impact, nationally relevant player who will give a massive boost to our horrible running game.

Jobe was my favorite prior to the decommit.

A guy like that in the secondary is so invaluable in today’s game. Fast enough to stay with quick WR but also big enough to cover TEs and strong enough to provide solid downhill run support. A true jack of all trades. He would’ve been an absolute stud in Diaz’s defense.

The closest thing we’ll get to that is Surtain, although Jobe is a bit more physical on film.

As for the current commits, I’d probably go with Mallory.

Similar to Jobe, a guy who can effectively play two positions like he can is such a luxury. His in line blocking will no doubt need some work, but I expect him to make an immediate impact as a pass catcher in the slot next year and when it’s all said and done I think he’ll have a better career here than Jordan.

Advertisement
Back