Young Players vs Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy part..Greg was injured, missed all of fall camp. That’s why Scott was “starting” but as greg got right he took over and has a All American RS freshman szn
I’m aware… what’s interesting though is Manny Diaz said publicly it was Greg not knowing his assignments as well as Patch.

Sure enough Greg’s first start he balls… it’s like Groundhog Day… LT gets burn against VA and sure enough makes some of the most impactful plays of the game. Elijah gets in and boom makin plays…

How come time and time again the guys that we hear aren’t ready get in and immediately make impactful plays.

Manny likes playing JAGs that do everything “textbook” over studs that make game changing plays. Just us what it is. Guy said it himself in the article I screen shotted.

There’s obviously a line where the kids gotta be assignment sound enough or they end up hurting the team but it seems like we wait so long past that point quite often.
BCA43D46-CEE2-465A-BE51-C16D54E69259.jpeg
5B54804C-7ECA-42AE-A545-ED50986B6172.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I’d have to go back and look up Greg. But off top I’d say he was starting and playing starters snaps by week 3…More snaps? Hunte and Miller were both out last game. That’s why LT was pressed into heavy duty. And he flashed so he deserves to be in the rotation. And he will be..the drop off isn’t much with our interior lineman tho…LT had a .5 sack and 1 TFL vs uva if I recall
Greg didn’t start till week 6

I’d have to go back and look up Greg. But off top I’d say he was starting and playing starters snaps by week 3…More snaps? Hunte and Miller were both out last game. That’s why LT was pressed into heavy duty. And he flashed so he deserves to be in the rotation. And he will be..the drop off isn’t much with our interior lineman tho…LT had a .5 sack and 1 TFL vs uva if I recall
You played football right?

Advertisement
Man, **** the depth chart bull**** already. How about no more depth charts? Only depth charges moving forward. Blow it up and you find out you are starting on the scoreboard, pre-game.

Or keep scrolling. That is a logical option. It’s a message board. It seems like the ones upset about certain threads should take your advice, no? That would be logical conclusion: if you don’t like a thread, keep moving.
Can’t argue with that. As many times as it’s been suggested by others, how often has “keep scrolling” been practiced? I stand by my statement.

I’m aware… what’s interesting though is Manny Diaz said publicly it was Greg not knowing his assignments as well as Patch.

Sure enough Greg’s first start he balls… it’s like Groundhog Day… LT gets burn against VA and sure enough makes some of the most impactful plays of the game. Elijah gets in and boom makin plays…

How come time and time again the guys that we hear aren’t ready get in and immediately make impactful plays.

Manny likes playing JAGs that do everything “textbook” over studs that make game changing plays. Just us what it is. Guy said it himself in the article I screen shotted.

There’s obviously a line where the kids gotta be assignment sound enough or they end up hurting the team but it seems like we wait so long past that point quite often.
I think the freshman have made key mistakes also..but that’s football. Manny has played youngins every year since he’s been here..the narrative really started over Greg in 2019 along with Lo that year..oh yea and Hightower..

I just don’t get this team
If two of your best playmakers are brashard and restreopo why are they never on the field together
And actually schemed around
It blows my mind every time smith got the ball last game was a off tackle run
Seriously as bad as the defensive play calls are lashlee offense has no rhyme or reason except let’s go fast
The fact lashlee can’t change his Schemes to suit his players tells me he’s not a good offensive mind
He just regurgitates what he learned from other coaches he doesn’t make anything himself

Advertisement
When did he start playing heavy snaps?
In the article I posted…. Played 50 something game he started prior to that most he’d played was 33 against Central Michigan.

He got 22 against VA Tech the week prior to his start.

Sacked Felipe Franks week one at UF on 14 snaps

Sacked Sam Howell the following week at UNC got 12 snaps

Manny didn’t start him until the noise in favor of starting him was deafening. Same things he’s doing with the young guys this year.

Last edited:
Can’t argue with that. As many times as it’s been suggested by others, how often has “keep scrolling” been practiced? I stand by my statement.
I really don't expect for you to keep scrolling, and I have no issue with dialoguing with those who disagree with me. But we can at least be civil and have a dialogue.

I think the freshman have made key mistakes also..but that’s football. Manny has played youngins every year since he’s been here..the narrative really started over Greg in 2019 along with Lo that year..oh yea and Hightower..
It’s not that he never plays them it’s that he seems to be the last guy in the room to realize it’s time to play em.
I know the freshman have made mistakes… big ones at that. Thing is though at least they counter balance the mistakes with impactful plays.

Advertisement
They all hate him and if he isn't fired, there will be so many guys in the portal flying away that it'll make the takeoff for the bombing raids on Berlin look like child's play.

Does this fit the agenda? Cool, close the thread, mission accomplished.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back