You want the Analytics Manny?

Advertisement
Cot**** fake analytics. Have said that since jump. You don't do some of the things he does if you truly believe in and track relevant analytics. It's the type of crap that will make people hate analytics when many of them are useful.

If you believe in analytics for real and even hire an outside company for it, you go for it on 4th and short to end the ballgame OR have significant time left from FSU's offense operating on a short field.

If you believe in real analytics, you change your practice habits the second you see our tackle rate.

If you believe in real analytics, you stop delayed blitzing from the field side when you see our conversion %s.

If you believe in real analytics, you don't play a soft zone that doesn't pattern match behind a seemingly wild front.

If you believe in real analytics, you don't even bring up "spontaneous sideline peer support" as something you've tracked.

Cotdamnit.

Cot**** fake analytics. Have said that since jump. You don't do some of the things he does if you truly believe in and track relevant analytics. It's the type of crap that will make people hate analytics when many of them are useful.

If you believe in analytics for real and even hire an outside company for it, you go for it on 4th and short to end the ballgame OR have significant time left from FSU's offense operating on a short field.

If you believe in real analytics, you change your practice habits the second you see our tackle rate.

If you believe in real analytics, you stop delayed blitzing from the field side when you see our conversion %s.

If you believe in real analytics, you don't play a soft zone that doesn't pattern match behind a seemingly wild front.

If you believe in real analytics, you don't even bring up "spontaneous sideline peer support" as something you've tracked.

Cotdamnit.
sense.jpg

Advertisement

Cotdamnit.
So who would be your top candidate to take over and fix this mess?

Cotdamnit.
He really said “spontaneous sideline peer support” is something he tracks?

Here’s the thing tho… he has no play sheet when he’s calling games. Wouldn’t an analytics minded coach have predetermined plays, based on opponents tendencies in any given situation, on a play sheet… handy for quick reference?

sending 3 at the QB who can’t throw under pressure. On 4th and 14. Probably wouldn’t happen if he had actually studied his opponent.

Advertisement
I have Manny analytics….

He said teams do not typically throw long on the first play in a 2-minute drive. They were looking to stop a 10-yard gain.

This guy is clearly way ahead of all of us.

35 ppg and 445 yards per game to teams in the Power 5 we played this year.

these are the worst numbers EVER from a canes team.

It is unacceptable that we are hanging on to this guy. The ADMIN and BOT is disgusting.

If you want a plane banner how about this "35PPG & 445YPG, even Golden was better #FIREMANNY"
Wow, that is unbelievably bad. Luckily we have plenty of young talented defenders lined up in this recruiting class, oh wait...

This is Golden all over again

I didn’t hate Golden. In hindsight there was more to like than it seemed.

I also don’t hate Manny

But just like Golden….the longer you let these guys stick around and keep speaking…it’s inevitable to hate them

Advertisement
He claims to use analytics but only the ones that support his opinions so he's not really being analytical. An analytical coach would have known the possibility of stopping a team four straight plays inside the one is next to nothing so he would have allowed FSU to score with as much time left as possible. He coaches games with some strange confidence in a defense that's been generally terrible. The numbers say your defense sucks, Manny. If you were actually doing what the numbers say, you'd be giving your offense (statistically a good one) a chance to win the game for you instead of relying on your numerically bad defense.

In my younger days, I tried to be analytical with my dates on campus…I was near celibate during that stretch.

He claims to use analytics but only the ones that support his opinions so he's not really being analytical. An analytical coach would have known the possibility of stopping a team four straight plays inside the one is next to nothing so he would have allowed FSU to score with as much time left as possible. He coaches games with some strange confidence in a defense that's been generally terrible. The numbers say your defense sucks, Manny. If you were actually doing what the numbers say, you'd be giving your offense (statistically a good one) a chance to win the game for you instead of relying on your numerically bad defense.
Manny's defense has gotten progressively worse under his watch. The only time it was good was with Al Folden's recruits.

Advertisement
So who would be your top candidate to take over and fix this mess?
The coach is not really relevant unless I know there's a massive overhaul in infrastructure. I'd like to know the UM Athletic department is going to be run like an actual business. First and foremost. Picking a competent coach would be a symptom of that foundation. I get that Rudy and Echevarria are supposedly making moves behind the scenes. It'd be really nice to have a forceful action that immediately cans Blake. Let's get this thing rolling publicly.

Analytics will probably tell you have a better chance of your team getting the ball back down 2 or 3 pts with about a minute with 2 time outs for a chance to score to at least tie the game (or win if you stop the 2 pt conversion) than holding them back from the 1 foot line on 4 attempts.

I think he should stop pretending that he makes decisions based on analytics. That decision was pure foolish hubris on his part.

He really said “spontaneous sideline peer support” is something he tracks?

Here’s the thing tho… he has no play sheet when he’s calling games. Wouldn’t an analytics minded coach have predetermined plays, based on opponents tendencies in any given situation, on a play sheet… handy for quick reference?

sending 3 at the QB who can’t throw under pressure. On 4th and 14. Probably wouldn’t happen if he had actually studied his opponent.
I don't remember the exact name he called it, but it was talked about some time ago. He was supposedly tracking how teammates supported each other. I'd pray it to be a bad rumor, but someone else on here can look for the quotes.

If Manny’s relying on analytics as much as he says he is, then he’s a bigger fool then I think he is. There’s countless variables during the course of a game that take experience and gut instinct in order to make the right decisions.

Advertisement
Back