You want the Analytics Manny?

One thing I'll give Manny is he is a masterful bull****ter. I'm sure he learned it from his dad, but really, he's the epitome of a confident politician. Take responsibility for nothing, pull misleading numbers out of your *** to show how things are getting better, talk about "the process," and generally just talk out of your *** and try to get reelected.

Golden showed way more of his insecurities up there, dude was sweating like a sinner in church during those press conferences lol, you could tell he was freaking out that none of his **** was working.

Advertisement
Right after the FIU loss, the analytics came out and said Manny should fire himself.

So yeah @LuCane he’s not following any credible analytics anymore.

I didn't know where to post this, but had to post this somewhere.

Who is Rubenstein on here?
This was all on FB.
FB_IMG_1637009153552.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-144617_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-144628_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-144638_Facebook.jpg

For a defensive coach whose defensive philosophy is supposedly built on aggression…

FEAR is his defining trait as a head coach.

Fear trumps analytics every day of the week.
What happened with Manny is that the best players he had running the scheme in 2016-2017 all graduated and they covered up a lot of the flaws.

Then he couldn’t recruit to replace them because nobody wants to play in this shi* scheme.

Advertisement
Manny’s defense looks very good when he has
Two 1st day draft picks as ends…. But so does everyone else’s.

I’ve stayed pretty quiet about Manny’s situation but the fact of the matter is that there is a significant portion of the BOT who want to move on re-invigorating hurricanes football. Money, grade leniency, facilities, all of it.

Will it amount to real change? We’ll see. But some serious donors/BOT members are fully done with amateur hour.

Source— BOT member

I admit to being a Stoops fan but he checks a LOT of boxes

Program Builder: yes
No BS attitude: catch him hungover he might
Swing on you
Discipline: see above
D: good to very good every year
O: Keep Lashlee

You hire him, keep lashlee and TVD, we win the coastal next year.

Is he a good enough recruiter to make NC’s ? That I don’t know

Manny’s defense looks very good when he has
Two 1st day draft picks as ends…. But so does everyone else’s.
Not really. His defense looked pretty crappy with two first day picks last year.

HIs best defense was 2018 when they were near the top of the nation in almost every defensive metric. They didn't have anyone drafted in the first four rounds on the defensive line.

Advertisement
The coach is not really relevant unless I know there's a massive overhaul in infrastructure. I'd like to know the UM Athletic department is going to be run like an actual business. First and foremost. Picking a competent coach would be a symptom of that foundation. I get that Rudy and Echevarria are supposedly making moves behind the scenes. It'd be really nice to have a forceful action that immediately cans Blake. Let's get this thing rolling publicly.
Yup, if you're running this like a business, identify your consumer which is the fans. The fans are ****ed and just done with Diaz. If you want to let Manny finish out the season, then whatever. But why keep Blake around. Fire him immediately. It at least lets other coaches know that things are about to change at Miami and they'll see the writing on the wall for Manny.

I admit to being a Stoops fan but he checks a LOT of boxes

Program Builder: yes
No BS attitude: catch him hungover he might
Swing on you
Discipline: see above
D: good to very good every year
O: Keep Lashlee

You hire him, keep lashlee and TVD, we win the coastal next year.

Is he a good enough recruiter to make NC’s ? That I don’t know
He would be a good hire. He's a coaching hire that i would be relieved with.

Ryan Nanni made a point that the reason Miami was in the game was because Diaz was agressive going for 4th downs (after getting bailed out by a roughing the kicker penalty), then took the lead and coached scared.
Go for 4th down, put the ball on TVD hands and even if you don't get it your defense has to only defend the EZ. If they score you will probably have time on the clock because of the short field. Not letting FSU score was the icing on the cake

Advertisement
Back