You people asking for the bowl ban

Advertisement
Consig, I am almost certain that the freshman and sophs want us to self ban right now. The freshman all came here knowing this was coming down, knowing we were probably going to have some bans, and they came anyway. They want us to move on as quickly as possible. They also realize that they are getting better by the game, gaining experience, building their bodies, and learning the schemes. They know we have a real shot to do something big next year. Why ***** it up now and be selfish? Look at OSU. They would be in the BCS title game right now if they had taken a bowl ban. Instead they are having a great season and can't do a thing about it - because they didn't ban when they could have. So, yes, the question you pose is an excellent one - What do the young guys, the future of this program want? I am sure they would rather ban now, than once they really get going with some depth, bulk, and experience next year. Didn't Duke just say something to that effect? It is absolutely a no-brainer - especially when you look at the signal it is sending to recruits - we are moving on now, let's go!

Advertisement
Consig, I am almost certain that the freshman and sophs want us to self ban right now. The freshman all came here knowing this was coming down, knowing we were probably going to have some bans, and they came anyway. They want us to move on as quickly as possible. They also realize that they are getting better by the game, gaining experience, building their bodies, and learning the schemes. They know we have a real shot to do something big next year. Why ***** it up now and be selfish? Look at OSU. They would be in the BCS title game right now if they had taken a bowl ban. Instead they are having a great season and can't do a thing about it - because they didn't ban when they could have. So, yes, the question you pose is an excellent one - What do the young guys, the future of this program want? I am sure they would rather ban now, than once they really get going with some depth, bulk, and experience next year. Didn't Duke just say something to that effect? It is absolutely a no-brainer - especially when you look at the signal it is sending to recruits - we are moving on now, let's go!

I can't take your post seriously because you brought up OSU in comparing our situations and decisions. I am sorry.

Then you followed it up with the term "no-brainer." Sorry again.

You're too smart for me.

I can't take your post seriously because you brought up OSU in comparing our situations and decisions. I am sorry.

Then you followed it up with the term "no-brainer." Sorry again.

You're too smart for me.

I am sure the people in charge of the University including the legal teams are a bunch smarter than any of us on a message board. I am also pretty sure one of the most powerful women in the country that was a part of a presidential administration has some clout and can get some insight into what is coming to make an educated decision about what is best, but what do I know, I am one of the dumb dumb judging and ripping on a message board.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I think the 2013 kids would almost rather us self impose this year so they don't have to deal with it when they get to campus. I think maybe this decision affects them more adversely than the potential benefits of playing in the ACCCG and bowl game. AT least with the 2013 kids. 2014 and beyond who knows...

The kids not on the team who haven't signed their LOI have more to say then the current players, interesting.

When we are building to get back to competing for national championships, YES. Abso****inglutely. They are the ones that are going to be playing in those big games. The seniors had their chance...

How about building to win the Coastal?

What about the current freshman or sophomores, you know the kids actually enrolled in the program.

I understand how important recruiting is to the future, I just don't think one or two unsigned kids should dictate the program.

What about if there is a 2 year ban, and we don't self impose, then current players could walk without sitting out a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back