You know why we win on sat?

Advertisement
You better be right or this tattoo is gonna look stupid in a couple of weeks.
3o6ozizc2IEEI9YEhi.gif

@Franchise...Here's another scenario that I wouldn't be shocked at.....Offense comes to ball....But the Defense shats the bed badly....

Nah. Bud Foster will hold us to under 20. No way we win. I know their awful too but he’ll still have a gameplan for us.

We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

Mark that down in permanent ink.

Nothing soothes the masses like a bowl game win, brother.

You're right though, that will 100% be the narrative going into next year. He'll also be given the benefit of the doubt if you throw on a few cosmetic changes to the staff (OL Coach, maybe hiring some hot Mike Bobo action as his OC).

It'll be buffoonery, but it is, what it is.

Advertisement
Talking schit about the fans? If it wasn't for the fans, Golden may still be on the sideline, or Rix's seat would be cold the touch. Do you think Man Hands was going to be proactive?! The BOT has time and again proven their lack of urgency and willingness to make innovative football decisions.

Listening to a bunch of ACC pods this season, hosts will typically state "They won the coastal last year. Give Richt time." "Yea, but their fans have high expectations and aren't complacent; so Richt's seat is getting warm". I'm hella proud of our fanbase for that reputation/passion.

Papo, look at the chronology of our chitty program the last 15 yrs... if it wasn't for the fans this program would have the look and feel of UVA.

Torture. Thats why.

In the last 15 years we get the worst possible outcomes even in the best situations. Watch. We will look like a different team. Only for a week. Just enough to prolong the pain. Get us to a bowl. To prolong the pain.

Its been like this for a while. Get a hot drive going... TV time out.
Get some depth at a position...injuries.
Have a winning season... renegotiate the contract... loosing season and bloated new contract.
Land a five star....bust.
Talented QB....dont worry. he doesn't like film study.
Loose to LSU. Why worry? You face an escalating schedule of crap for the next 5 games. We back?
Clean the program up and shake off the negative history.... don't worry... Nevin Shapiro
Not enough there to fire your coach in the in the beginning of the season.... wait like six games into the next season cue Clemson.
Don't know anymore what's the chicken and what is the egg. I thought last year we way over achieved. However, I thought that's what you need to get to the next part of reestablishing yourself. Some luck. The ball to bounce your way. That paves the way for better recruits etc. to come in and build on that. Then you get this season. Its like constantly being set up to fail.

Not sure where it goes from here. Im looking at the landscape and I see what, three legit private schools in the top 25 (SYR, NW, and BC)? Notre Dame is more of a national brand with large boosters and a tv deal. So, yes they are private as well but more of an anomaly. It seems like the days of Miami and USC etc. are at an end. Its a place that one could get lucky with a young hire coach that will sneak up and have a 10 win season. Knock off a big boy or two. Then get absorbed by a state school with a massive budget.

Miami definitely doesnt have the money set aside for sports like the state schools. It does not have the boosters. I do wish the former NFL guys participated more financially rather than showing up. Thats a whole other story about why they don't.

So how do you fix it? My only offering would be that you need to have smarter more clever athletic admins in place to create the right culture. To be able to find that up and coming staff. To be innovative and not afraid to be like everyone else. To make risky hires that are more progressive rather than conservative? Don't know.

The hiring of Richt is tough. I think many of us probably would have jumped on that as well. Its very disingenuous to arm chair that. That was a hot chick at a prom crying by herself. We didn't know why and we saw the opportunity to move in. Most would have done the same. So, you live and learn and move on.

The problem is it feels like it just keeps happening and won't stop.

****e is insane. Sometimes I watch old film back & laugh hysterically at all the ESPIN story lines they fabricated administration after administration. All that wasted talent. It's facking criminal how inept our coaching has been the last 20 years. Absolutely Insane.

The moment we cracked the code the game shifted & we stubbornly decided to stay the course to death.

I'm sure Mork has just been holding back the good play designs & route trees for this vag tech matchup 🙄

Torture. Thats why.

In the last 15 years we get the worst possible outcomes even in the best situations. Watch. We will look like a different team. Only for a week. Just enough to prolong the pain. Get us to a bowl. To prolong the pain.

Its been like this for a while. Get a hot drive going... TV time out.
Get some depth at a position...injuries.
Have a winning season... renegotiate the contract... loosing season and bloated new contract.
Land a five star....bust.
Talented QB....dont worry. he doesn't like film study.
Loose to LSU. Why worry? You face an escalating schedule of crap for the next 5 games. We back?
Clean the program up and shake off the negative history.... don't worry... Nevin Shapiro
Not enough there to fire your coach in the in the beginning of the season.... wait like six games into the next season cue Clemson.
Don't know anymore what's the chicken and what is the egg. I thought last year we way over achieved. However, I thought that's what you need to get to the next part of reestablishing yourself. Some luck. The ball to bounce your way. That paves the way for better recruits etc. to come in and build on that. Then you get this season. Its like constantly being set up to fail.

Not sure where it goes from here. Im looking at the landscape and I see what, three legit private schools in the top 25 (SYR, NW, and BC)? Notre Dame is more of a national brand with large boosters and a tv deal. So, yes they are private as well but more of an anomaly. It seems like the days of Miami and USC etc. are at an end. Its a place that one could get lucky with a young hire coach that will sneak up and have a 10 win season. Knock off a big boy or two. Then get absorbed by a state school with a massive budget.

Miami definitely doesnt have the money set aside for sports like the state schools. It does not have the boosters. I do wish the former NFL guys participated more financially rather than showing up. Thats a whole other story about why they don't.

So how do you fix it? My only offering would be that you need to have smarter more clever athletic admins in place to create the right culture. To be able to find that up and coming staff. To be innovative and not afraid to be like everyone else. To make risky hires that are more progressive rather than conservative? Don't know.

The hiring of Richt is tough. I think many of us probably would have jumped on that as well. Its very disingenuous to arm chair that. That was a hot chick at a prom crying by herself. We didn't know why and we saw the opportunity to move in. Most would have done the same. So, you live and learn and move on.

The problem is it feels like it just keeps happening and won't stop.

Great stuff, one of the best posts of the year: "We back?"

Advertisement
We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

I'll tattoo that quote if it indeed comes true

I keep reading this over and over , I nominate this for post of the new year that's not here yet it's just that good.

I can picture myself watching these games and the new summer of KOOLAIDE addiction unfold again and hearing this post play at a podium SMH saying geeez THE FRANCHISE

The whole thing is one giant manic mess. We have a fan base that wants video game numbers and looks on in envy of what Clemson and Alabama are doing right now. It reminds us of the good old days. Its hard to believe but, we are now 17 years removed from Dorsey and company. 17 years. If you are are true fan of the program and honest with yourself, you know that we were never really competitive in any season since then. There was literally a gut feeling that said "no there is definitely something wrong here." Of course we all saw it first because we are close. We are married to it. The outside was always slower and will always be slower to come around. However, we just fight with ourselves and debate the only thing we have ever been able to debate around here. How long should something go on before you see results.

Thats why the end of last season hurt. After years of thinking wtf, there was a sign that things were finally moving in the right direction. Then we blow four games. Maybe we just need to see what happens?

Everyone is then left with the feeling ok maybe we build on that. Then you rip open the wound again and lose all of these games this year.

Its like being in stuck in quick sand. You can see the edge but just cant get to it. Nothing definitive ever ******* happens. Sans the random Clemson or UVA loss from the OB. Just more of the 'lost that but could've won it if we just..." or vice versa.

I think currently the most reasonable thing for us to accept at this point is this... Putting aside wether a private university can even compete in football anymore. We are TWO coaches away from being a powerhouse team again. First, a coach to get things going. Then a coach to banish all of the ghosts. The question then becomes is Richt that first coach? He did seem to leave things in good shape at GA despite his short comings in big games. However, that doesn't mean he will do the same here. There are lots of other un-similar things about the two situations. So i don't know how fair it is to compare the two. He does have name value though (wether or not you agree with the reasoning), he can recruit (this season will really test that).

I really don't know what happens from here. We are almost 20 years out from our glory days and the make up of the schools alumni is not conducive to the lasting memory of football success at our school. What I mean by that is this. When Alabama went in the ******* for all of those years, that old school, love football memory stuck regardless. Why, because it had an alumni base that made sure it survived. It was a larger school with more dedicated and loyal fans. Miamis fan base is anything but similar. We don't have a large student body population. Much of the fans of the program aren't actual alumni. Not that there is anything wrong with that. However, it does reduce the pool of loyalist "support." If you catch my drift. People of influence that are willing to (for the right or, wrong reasons) put up the cash or cause a ruckus. Then, consider that much of Miamis actual alumni are less of the "raised on football types." Speaking as someone who went to school there it always felt like we had students that were into it because that's what you do. Less so the thats what I was ingrained to do. Not to say that we have plenty of real UM football fans graduating. Just consider you are starting with a much smaller number.

Is it now logical to say that, Yes, football is not as much of a priority for the school anymore? Im not sure how much of the admin was even around 20 years ago.

Ask yourself this. If a big time coach came available and could be swayed to come to Miami to coach. Think Urban Meyer before his public baggage. Would the school go out and pay for said coach and subsequent staff? I really don't know the answer to that.

Not to be offensive to some the very passionate. Just throwing out some observations. I hope we can turn the corner but often feel like its not favorable to see it before football disappears.

The whole thing is one giant manic mess. We have a fan base that wants video game numbers and looks on in envy of what Clemson and Alabama are doing right now. It reminds us of the good old days. Its hard to believe but, we are now 17 years removed from Dorsey and company. 17 years. If you are are true fan of the program and honest with yourself, you know that we were never really competitive in any season since then. There was literally a gut feeling that said "no there is definitely something wrong here." Of course we all saw it first because we are close. We are married to it. The outside was always slower and will always be slower to come around. However, we just fight with ourselves and debate the only thing we have ever been able to debate around here. How long should something go on before you see results.

Thats why the end of last season hurt. After years of thinking wtf, there was a sign that things were finally moving in the right direction. Then we blow four games. Maybe we just need to see what happens?

Everyone is then left with the feeling ok maybe we build on that. Then you rip open the wound again and lose all of these games this year.

Its like being in stuck in quick sand. You can see the edge but just cant get to it. Nothing definitive ever ******* happens. Sans the random Clemson or UVA loss from the OB. Just more of the 'lost that but could've won it if we just..." or vice versa.

I think currently the most reasonable thing for us to accept at this point is this... Putting aside wether a private university can even compete in football anymore. We are TWO coaches away from being a powerhouse team again. First, a coach to get things going. Then a coach to banish all of the ghosts. The question then becomes is Richt that first coach? He did seem to leave things in good shape at GA despite his short comings in big games. However, that doesn't mean he will do the same here. There are lots of other un-similar things about the two situations. So i don't know how fair it is to compare the two. He does have name value though (wether or not you agree with the reasoning), he can recruit (this season will really test that).

I really don't know what happens from here. We are almost 20 years out from our glory days and the make up of the schools alumni is not conducive to the lasting memory of football success at our school. What I mean by that is this. When Alabama went in the ******* for all of those years, that old school, love football memory stuck regardless. Why, because it had an alumni base that made sure it survived. It was a larger school with more dedicated and loyal fans. Miamis fan base is anything but similar. We don't have a large student body population. Much of the fans of the program aren't actual alumni. Not that there is anything wrong with that. However, it does reduce the pool of loyalist "support." If you catch my drift. People of influence that are willing to (for the right or, wrong reasons) put up the cash or cause a ruckus. Then, consider that much of Miamis actual alumni are less of the "raised on football types." Speaking as someone who went to school there it always felt like we had students that were into it because that's what you do. Less so the thats what I was ingrained to do. Not to say that we have plenty of real UM football fans graduating. Just consider you are starting with a much smaller number.

Is it now logical to say that, Yes, football is not as much of a priority for the school anymore? Im not sure how much of the admin was even around 20 years ago.

Ask yourself this. If a big time coach came available and could be swayed to come to Miami to coach. Think Urban Meyer before his public baggage. Would the school go out and pay for said coach and subsequent staff? I really don't know the answer to that.

Not to be offensive to some the very passionate. Just throwing out some observations. I hope we can turn the corner but often feel like its not favorable to see it before football disappears.
Cot ****......You having a Book signing for that??

Advertisement
Don't think we're going to win on Saturday but 8-5 with a bowl win would be enough for the CanesFam types to renew their season tickets so they can tailgate and post pics of themselves on social media.

Canes Bro!!! It's all about da U!!!

Advertisement

Thank you. I just ran and tore up the check I was playing to send to Miami next month. I was afraid I might fall into that trap. I had stopped donating years ago and then last year got me excited and I started again. I’ll send the pieces with nasty letter.

Here is an optimistic take but I'd be lying if I thought it had more than a 35% chance of happening.....

We win at VT this week. We then get revenge on Pitt and maybe cost them a ACC champ game appearance. That would be great to see.

Next year, Perry or Williams starts and Richt opens up the playbook a little more because the defense will not be as good so he will have to.

Florida is a nice set up for us because Frank is a turnover machine. Their defense is downright scary though.
Western Michigan is not good.
ACC coastal is not good and so we should be right in the thick of things. I see a season that could be very doable but it depends on Richt and his 30+ year old playbook being thrown out the window.
Yeah cmr all of a sudden had a knock on the head won't be calling the same 5 plays all game long.spirit revealed to him more plays and said run these.

Advertisement
Back