You know why we win on sat?

nikkoum

THE Avatar
Torture. Thats why.

In the last 15 years we get the worst possible outcomes even in the best situations. Watch. We will look like a different team. Only for a week. Just enough to prolong the pain. Get us to a bowl. To prolong the pain.

Its been like this for a while. Get a hot drive going... TV time out.
Get some depth at a position...injuries.
Have a winning season... renegotiate the contract... loosing season and bloated new contract.
Land a five star....bust.
Talented QB....dont worry. he doesn't like film study.
Loose to LSU. Why worry? You face an escalating schedule of crap for the next 5 games. We back?
Clean the program up and shake off the negative history.... don't worry... Nevin Shapiro
Not enough there to fire your coach in the in the beginning of the season.... wait like six games into the next season cue Clemson.
Don't know anymore what's the chicken and what is the egg. I thought last year we way over achieved. However, I thought that's what you need to get to the next part of reestablishing yourself. Some luck. The ball to bounce your way. That paves the way for better recruits etc. to come in and build on that. Then you get this season. Its like constantly being set up to fail.

Not sure where it goes from here. Im looking at the landscape and I see what, three legit private schools in the top 25 (SYR, NW, and BC)? Notre Dame is more of a national brand with large boosters and a tv deal. So, yes they are private as well but more of an anomaly. It seems like the days of Miami and USC etc. are at an end. Its a place that one could get lucky with a young hire coach that will sneak up and have a 10 win season. Knock off a big boy or two. Then get absorbed by a state school with a massive budget.

Miami definitely doesnt have the money set aside for sports like the state schools. It does not have the boosters. I do wish the former NFL guys participated more financially rather than showing up. Thats a whole other story about why they don't.

So how do you fix it? My only offering would be that you need to have smarter more clever athletic admins in place to create the right culture. To be able to find that up and coming staff. To be innovative and not afraid to be like everyone else. To make risky hires that are more progressive rather than conservative? Don't know.

The hiring of Richt is tough. I think many of us probably would have jumped on that as well. Its very disingenuous to arm chair that. That was a hot chick at a prom crying by herself. We didn't know why and we saw the opportunity to move in. Most would have done the same. So, you live and learn and move on.

The problem is it feels like it just keeps happening and won't stop.

Advertisement
Torture. Thats why.

In the last 15 years we get the worst possible outcomes even in the best situations. Watch. We will look like a different team. Only for a week. Just enough to prolong the pain. Get us to a bowl. To prolong the pain.

Have a winning season... renegotiate the contract... loosing season and bloated new contract.
Loose to LSU. Why worry? You face an escalating schedule of crap for the next 5 games. We back?
Clean the program up and shake off the negative history.... don't worry... Nevin Shapiro
Not enough there to fire your coach in the in the beginning of the season.... wait like six games into the next season cue Clemson.
Don't know anymore what's the chicken and what is the egg. I thought last year we way over achieved. However, I thought that's what you need to get to the next part of reestablishing yourself. Some luck. The ball to bounce your way. That paves the way for better recruits etc. to come in and build on that. Then you get this season. Its like constantly being set up to fail.

Not sure where it goes from here. Im looking at the landscape and I see what, three legit private schools in the top 25 (SYR, NW, and BC)? Notre Dame is more of a national brand with large boosters and a tv deal. So, yes they are private as well but more of an anomaly. It seems like the days of Miami and USC etc. are at an end. Its a place that one could get lucky with a young hire coach that will sneak up and have a 10 win season. Knock off a big boy or two. Then get absorbed by a state school with a massive budget.

Miami definitely doesnt have the money set aside for sports like the state schools. It does not have the boosters. I do wish the former NFL guys participated more financially rather than showing up. Thats a whole other story about why they don't.

So how do you fix it? My only offering would be that you need to have smarter more clever athletic admins in place to create the right culture. To be able to find that up and coming staff. To be innovative and not afraid to be like everyone else. To make risky hires that are more progressive rather than conservative? Don't know.

The hiring of Richt is tough. I think many of us probably would have jumped on that as well. Its very disingenuous to arm chair that. That was a hot chick at a prom crying by herself. We didn't know why and we saw the opportunity to move in. Most would have done the same. So, you live and learn and move on.

I want Richt TFOH but we need those extra practices for the young guys....need to win one more

We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

Mark that down in permanent ink.

We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

If I were a betting man, this is exactly what I'd bet on happening.

Fck me.

it better happen or UM is gonna be light another 15 mil, without a coach and ultimately hire some loser.

Advertisement
Stopped reading at "loosing season."

Take some English lessons *******

Torture. Thats why.

It’s like finding out the reason the hot chick was crying was because her boyfriend told her he knows she has herpes, and wants nothing to do with her anymore. We should have listened to her ex.

It seems like this is the Miami way.

Do just enough to prolong the agony. Coker, Shannon, Golden all seem to find a loyal segment that will rationalize why they need just one more year.

And YES!!!, memories are very short here for some reason. If we win out that will be enough proof for some to forgive all sins and believe Miami is back. The Richt era is playing out just like Coker, Shannon and Golden. Same results, same arguments, same fan rationalization.... Same people trying to tell you we need to move on now, not later.

Doesn't matter. They will call you an idiot and a bad fan, etc., etc., completely forgetting how we got here. Only we will have to go through it all again when Richt is done beating cream-puffs and starts losing again.

Either you are a good coach or not. It does not take 3-5 years to determine if you got a good coach. Other schools have no problem pulling the trigger and firing the under performing coach in year 1 or 2...but here, many think you should not fire the coach unless you have Saban lined up to take over. It is part of the reason we stay in this loop of failure.

Advertisement
I would be genuinely shocked if this offense allowed us to win a game. It does not seem possible.

We have some of the worst luck almost like we're cursed. 2 starters with career ending neck injuries. Kids leave early to go 7th round.

Prolong the pain?

You realize recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, yes? Probably even more so than coaching....at worst it's equal.

The people wanting to lose (which hurts recruiting and takes away bowl practices, which the team clearly needs) are beyond help.

Only the mouth-breathing cretins on this board are going to forget what we've seen the first 10 games. Clearly we need a lot of help and a lot of changes. But good lord, pull for the kids to feel some sort of happiness and make a bowl and MAYBE convince a good player to come here. God knows we need more of them.

Here is an optimistic take but I'd be lying if I thought it had more than a 35% chance of happening.....

We win at VT this week. We then get revenge on Pitt and maybe cost them a ACC champ game appearance. That would be great to see.

Next year, Perry or Williams starts and Richt opens up the playbook a little more because the defense will not be as good so he will have to.

Florida is a nice set up for us because Frank is a turnover machine. Their defense is downright scary though.
Western Michigan is not good.
ACC coastal is not good and so we should be right in the thick of things. I see a season that could be very doable but it depends on Richt and his 30+ year old playbook being thrown out the window.

Advertisement
Prolong the pain?

You realize recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, yes? Probably even more so than coaching....at worst it's equal.

The people wanting to lose (which hurts recruiting and takes away bowl practices, which the team clearly needs) are beyond help.

Only the mouth-breathing cretins on this board are going to forget what we've seen the first 10 games. Clearly we need a lot of help and a lot of changes. But good lord, pull for the kids to feel some sort of happiness and make a bowl and MAYBE convince a good player to come here. God knows we need more of them.

Exactly even if u hate the coach you should want someone else to come in to a loaded cupboard.

miniGif_20181113134745.gif

Exactly even if u hate the coach you should want someone else to come in to a loaded cupboard.

For real. It makes no sense. The people on this board never cease to amaze me. I was born a Cane and I'll die a Cane, but is it really like this in other fan bases? I can't imagine it's this unintelligent and moronic.

Advertisement
In theory this virgina tech team is so decimated it’s among the worst in cfb but so was unc last year and that was a dog fight

I stopped at the title, it a nonsequiter to the the season we have had so far.

For real. It makes no sense. The people on this board never cease to amaze me. I was born a Cane and I'll die a Cane, but is it really like this in other fan bases? I can't imagine it's this unintelligent and moronic.

Not this bad we def have some of the stupidest fans. Fans that encourage other fans to stay home. LOL

That's what I'm afraid of if we do win out. Richt will chalk it up to "poor execution" during the losing streak and not his horrendous offense.

Advertisement
Back