You know why we win on sat?

It seems like this is the Miami way.

Do just enough to prolong the agony. Coker, Shannon, Golden all seem to find a loyal segment that will rationalize why they need just one more year.

And YES!!!, memories are very short here for some reason. If we win out that will be enough proof for some to forgive all sins and believe Miami is back. The Richt era is playing out just like Coker, Shannon and Golden. Same results, same arguments, same fan rationalization.... Same people trying to tell you we need to move on now, not later.

Doesn't matter. They will call you an idiot and a bad fan, etc., etc., completely forgetting how we got here. Only we will have to go through it all again when Richt is done beating cream-puffs and starts losing again.

Either you are a good coach or not. It does not take 3-5 years to determine if you got a good coach. Other schools have no problem pulling the trigger and firing the under performing coach in year 1 or 2...but here, many think you should not fire the coach unless you have Saban lined up to take over. It is part of the reason we stay in this loop of failure.
best post.gif

Advertisement
Here is an optimistic take but I'd be lying if I thought it had more than a 35% chance of happening.....

We win at VT this week. We then get revenge on Pitt and maybe cost them a ACC champ game appearance. That would be great to see.

Next year, Perry or Williams starts and Richt opens up the playbook a little more because the defense will not be as good so he will have to.

Florida is a nice set up for us because Frank is a turnover machine. Their defense is downright scary though.
Western Michigan is not good.
ACC coastal is not good and so we should be right in the thick of things. I see a season that could be very doable but it depends on Richt and his 30+ year old playbook being thrown out the window.

Next year UF will probably look to start their RS freshman at QB. I have a friend with kids at UF. That seems to be the word right now... Kid trains with Jarren Williams with Qunicy Avery.

We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

Mark that down in permanent ink.

Don't think we're going to win on Saturday but 8-5 with a bowl win would be enough for the CanesFam types to renew their season tickets so they can tailgate and post pics of themselves on social media.

We’re going to win the final two regular season games, and everyone will forget what a disaster Rickety is.

We’re turning the corner. Perry is going to be unstoppable next year. The offense was trash because of Malik.

Next year, Perry or Williams starts and Richt opens up the playbook a little more because the defense will not be as good so he will have to.
ACC coastal is not good and so we should be right in the thick of things. I see a season that could be very doable but it depends on Richt and his 30+ year old playbook being thrown out the window.

Add this.

Prolong the pain?

You realize recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, yes? Probably even more so than coaching....at worst it's equal.

The people wanting to lose (which hurts recruiting and takes away bowl practices, which the team clearly needs) are beyond help.

Only the mouth-breathing cretins on this board are going to forget what we've seen the first 10 games. Clearly we need a lot of help and a lot of changes. But good lord, pull for the kids to feel some sort of happiness and make a bowl and MAYBE convince a good player to come here. God knows we need more of them.

Some good those bowl practices did us last year when Richt decided to give them time off instead of practicing after getting blowed out by Clemson.

Same thing happened after UVA. Richt allowed the team to party during Fall Break instead of working to get better. Proceeded to get hammered by BC after a bye.

I'll root for a win against VT because they're a rival. We're a broken program and things like extra bowl practices under this staff don't matter much.

Advertisement
Don't think we're going to win on Saturday but 8-5 with a bowl win would be enough for the CanesFam types to renew their season tickets so they can tailgate and post pics of themselves on social media.

You're the exact reason this program and fan base is a punching bag for the rest of the country. The definition of a "typical Miami fan". Be better.

You're the exact reason this program and fan base is a punching bag for the rest of the country. The definition of a "typical Miami fan". Be better.

Really? I was at the last 3 games although I left in the 3rd quarter against Duke, and the 2nd quarter against GT out of disgust and boredom. Winning out would be nice but you know **** well that a certain faction of "die hard" Miami fans would forget all about how unprepared and undisciplined we've looked during each of Richt's three four-game losing streaks.

Really? I was at the last 3 games although I left in the 3rd quarter against Duke, and the 2nd quarter against GT out of disgust and boredom. Winning out would be nice but you know **** well that a certain faction of "die hard" Miami fans would forget all about how unprepared and undisciplined we've looked during each of Richt's three four-game losing streaks.

Thanks for showing up, I wish we had 75K more just like you every week.

But who cares what the fan base thinks? We don't make decisions, we don't call plays. Show up and support your team. You wanna ***** on talk radio, e-mail the AD, vent on a message board, complain to your wife, etc. etc. etc. Go right ahead. We should all be ****ed.

But we all love this school and program enough to talk about it all day on this website.....and there's 80 kids on that team who had options on where they'd like to play college football and get a free education, and they picked this one because they love The U like we do. They deserve our support. I just don't see how rooting for those kids to have some semblance of happiness and feeling a victory while simultaneously helping the program out in the long run is a bad thing. Winning the last 2 games is going to cause everyone associated with UM football to have a lobotomy and think everything is rosy? We all know changes must be made, and whether he makes them or not, he's on the clock. So win the last 2 games, let's get to a bowl, get better (maybe), and get some good recruits in here to help fix what we all know is broken, wins against VT & Pitt or not.

Advertisement
It’s like finding out the reason the hot chick was crying was because her boyfriend told her he knows she has herpes, and wants nothing to do with her anymore. We should have listened to her ex.
Or rejecting a really hot chick who was asking you to get in the back seat of her Limousine

Just to be clear. Im not advocating us losing out. Its more of a testament to us doing a one step forward, one step back kind of thing. We never get anywhere. We make a bowl game but don't benefit from the practice. We lose enough. But, not enough to definitively get rid of a coach. So it drags on. We win enough. But, not enough to make any significant strides toward anything.

If you read my post to mean that I want us to lose and therefor lose recruits, I didnt explain myself clearly and I apologize. If we lose, lets lose where it yields something positive. Like decisive action on behalf of the staff to fix things or go in a different direction. If we win, let it be where its decisive and yields better recruits etc. Nothing is decisive. Thats my point. Not hoping for loses or wins.

Its like a constant cycle. For instance. Look at what happened with Perry the other day. We said ok, lets put him in the game again. Great. Turns out it was while we are on the one yard line. It becomes a disaster. This is the kind of stuff that has been happening for a while now. Not just to any one coach.

Its also what causes us as fans the most frustration. Its really like that bad relationship metaphor. Its just enough to keep you addicted and not be able to leave. You keep seeing these moments of hope then something breaks and falls apart. You say to yourself ok got it. We can just do this to fix it and we will be good. We just keep collapsing under our own weight.

If I could wish just one thing for this program it would be consistency. Do you know how much better you would be feeling about these games if they were competitive and not the same dumb **** over and over. Even the games we win. Your left saying in the back of your head, "Eh, not really definitive." Notre Dame and VT sort of masked that last year and gave people the feels. However, ALL of the other wins there was some serious doubts on the field.

It seems like this is the Miami way.

Do just enough to prolong the agony. Coker, Shannon, Golden all seem to find a loyal segment that will rationalize why they need just one more year.

And YES!!!, memories are very short here for some reason. If we win out that will be enough proof for some to forgive all sins and believe Miami is back. The Richt era is playing out just like Coker, Shannon and Golden. Same results, same arguments, same fan rationalization.... Same people trying to tell you we need to move on now, not later.

Doesn't matter. They will call you an idiot and a bad fan, etc., etc., completely forgetting how we got here. Only we will have to go through it all again when Richt is done beating cream-puffs and starts losing again.

Either you are a good coach or not. It does not take 3-5 years to determine if you got a good coach. Other schools have no problem pulling the trigger and firing the under performing coach in year 1 or 2...but here, many think you should not fire the coach unless you have Saban lined up to take over. It is part of the reason we stay in this loop of failure.
We always let the incumbent HC fail long enough to destroy recruiting and make the program a toxic **** pile.

Here is an optimistic take but I'd be lying if I thought it had more than a 35% chance of happening.....

We win at VT this week. We then get revenge on Pitt and maybe cost them a ACC champ game appearance. That would be great to see.

Florida is a nice set up for us because Frank is a turnover machine. Their defense is downright scary though.
Western Michigan is not good.
First, welcome to the board.
Second, I think we've heard this outlook before.
I can speak for some of us when I say " at this point after 15yrs, talk is cheap. Only actions can convince us." That means 8 more months of pure depression because of what the athletic administration has done to us fans.

Advertisement
First, welcome to the board.
Second, I think we've heard this outlook before.
I can speak for some of us when I say " at this point after 15yrs, talk is cheap. Only actions can convince us." That means 8 more months of pure depression because of what the athletic administration has done to us fans.

Thank you for the welcome. I totally agree with all your points. Been in purgatory since 2002 and it just one coach after another who can't seem to find their butt with two hands and a road map. When Richt was hired I thought 9 to 10 wins is what we can look forward to but after 4 straight losses I have lost faith. But the last time we lost 4 straight we started a run of 15 straight wins so lets see what happens on Saturday. I give us a 35% chance that we win the next two games but I've seen miracles happen before.

I will say this, I would love to beat Pitt at home no matter what. It would be sweeter if they have a ACC Champ game on the line.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
We need to win one more. We will likely win one more.

But make no mistake our offense will not look much better and our ST will continue to look just as bad as they have all year.

So what that means is Richt needs to wake up and hire an OC, ST coach and OL coach. Whether we win out, win one, lose both, all these things need to be done.

Okay for everyone saying support the kids and go to the games even though the coaches suck donkey balls, here's the thing. We can't. And the reason we can't is because out BOT's won't EVER fire anyone that has a 9-10 win season even though that should be our floor rather than our ceiling.

I don't think any of us wants to lose for the sake of losing but it's the only **** way to get these idiots to make a move. We all want to support the kids, unfortunately, they're caught in the middle of an ugly divorce.

I'll probably get flamed for this but that right there is the reason we have to sacrifice the few to feed the many.

I am looking forward to them winning one more game and learn the fine rainy or frozen destination of the bowl game I will be contemplating attending! What a fine experience Jerry's World was!

You better be right or this tattoo is gonna look stupid in a couple of weeks.

Advertisement
Back