You know what, creds to Manny

Advertisement
These are program building wins. The kind that take a very good program to great.

Virginia Tech wanted this game BAD.

Big time win for Coach Diaz.
Big time win vs a team that lost to Liberty last week?
Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Manny out here playin chess while all the other coaches playin checkers. Blake Baker got some Bobby Fischer in him too. These boys are 2 steps ahead of all the other coaches.
Put down the alcohol! I REPEAT!!!!! PUT DOWN THE ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda sad you aren't enjoying this. NC ST comeback was thrilling, and I was on the edge of my seat with this one. Tons of fun. Nerve-wracking, but I'm loving these Canes.
It's just frustrating watching this team play.

I appreciate the fight the team has, but they're incredibly inconsistent. Both units (STs are pretty stellar) sputter throughout the game. I just wish we could get them firing for 60 minutes.

Advertisement
This right here.The players do sooo much dumb sHT ( see Boldin and his stupid penalty ) and there no recourse and yea I know Bolding got pulled for a whole 2 plays when he should have been sat for the rest of the game . He’s lucky his dumb sHT didn’t result in points costing us the game.
Manny needs to stop worrying about being friends with the players and worry about holding them accountable for doing stupid sHT on a constant basis.

This has been going on here for 30 years.

We’ve got a competent offense and a kicking game. Thats all we have needed these last few years to be a 9/10 win team. The defense is the same as its been since Manny has been here. Kudos to Manny for addressing those issues in the offseason. Next issue is addressing the current DC

These are program building wins. The kind that take a very good program to great.

Virginia Tech wanted this game BAD.

Big time win for Coach Diaz.
Absolutely agree with this.. gotta learn how to win these games before we can keep building and become elite. Like Manny said, there used to be a term called “Clemsoning”. It’s frustrating to barely scrape by these teams but we’re learning!

these past two weeks were the perfect "Covid got us, we are down in total numbers, we played with a hand tied behind our back" type of excuse games. We still fielded a team while the SEC and big ten were cancelling games all over the place. there were NO excuses we WON both games...close for comfort? yes, could we have played better? Yes, coached better? Yes. But we won after being extremely limited in practice. 7-1 is very good. With that said Thank God for King transferring here and bringing his LT with him (if he also brought a G and CB, it would have been nice).
We might not want to wear that excuse out.We might need to use it one more time in the Orange Bowl if that’s where we end up..lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn't matter if they were winless.

They were favored.

It was on the road.

It was against a team and coach who have had Manny's number.

It maintained momentum.

These are the games we've lost the past few years.
It was a rivalry game, maybe not as deeply rooted as FSU, but still pretty intense. Oh by the way, notice how other teams are blowing the lead the way UM did in recent years. UM needs depth, the ability to rotate players (especially linemen) as the game wears on. That is the difference between UM and perennial top-ten teams. Also needs to keep seniors instead of watching them foolishly enter the draft. In any case, I'll take 7-1.

Advertisement
Like 15 players didn’t play today.
Yeah, I think I read that it was 13 out,12 of whom play and about 8 who are either starters or regular contributors. It looks like we almost didn’t have the OL numbers to play the game yet some people will continue to dismiss the ugly wins by talking about who’s missing on other teams.

Advertisement
Back