You know what, creds to Manny

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny out here playin chess while all the other coaches playin checkers. Blake Baker got some Bobby Fischer in him too. These boys are 2 steps ahead of all the other coaches.
1605386666838.gif

I said it pregame that I would have to give CMD and the entire coaching staff credit for getting the Canes ready to play and win. They beat another good team on the road and are 7-1. These are the new cardiac kids because they love drama, but they made the plays when they needed them.

Advertisement
These are program building wins. The kind that take a very good program to great.

Virginia Tech wanted this game BAD.

Big time win for Coach Diaz.

These type wins are the difference between average and good.

We are a good football team with flaws.

10-15 range program right now.

More discipline and better playcalling could take us a long way even with the roster upgrades needed.

This is the fourth week in a row we faced a back up QB or 2 QB system. We've been extraordinarily lucky in this regard.

Let's see how we fare against Wake and UNC before praising him.

I’ll take 7-1 all day, we’re farrrrrr from a complete team, and the o line is a mess, but in this crazy covid season I love the fight this team has.
THIS. We still have a ways to go before I can consider this team elite, but to be 7-1 during this season is pretty incredible. Hats off to the team and staff for their resilience, because I was in the camp of rescheduling this game.

Glad to see them gut it out and secure the W. Just hoping the missing guys are back and ready to go next week.

This is the fourth week in a row we faced a back up QB or 2 QB system. We've been extraordinarily lucky in this regard.

You know we won right?

Advertisement
We lose these games last year. At least we are finding ways to win them this year.

the kicking game is the key
Even last year if our kicker makes his fgs we win 9 games
And Enos is still oc
Lashlee and king are good
But the biggest difference in wins and losses is the kicker

Hooker is their starting QB period. Every week "it's wait till we since next week", smdh. First it was Louisville, win, then FSU the rivalry game, blowout win, then Pitt, win, then Virginia, win, and today VT and another win. Look around college football, just the ACC...the almighty NC lost to Virginia and FSU.

Under the circumstances with covid and everything, Manny is doing a **** good job. Enjoy 7-1 for crying out loud...no one with half a brain thought we were contenders for the CFP.

That defense held Va Tech scoreless for 24 minutes. We've won shootouts, we've won close games, we've won blowouts. We're a top 15-20 team and there's no shame to that after going 6-7. Finish with 10 wins this season and get to year 2 of Lashlee next season. We just need to finish strong.

Advertisement
Ol boy almost coRched us out of a win giving away 5 points.
This is the only thing you can really say about Manny today. He dodged a bullet squeaking out a win in spite of three horrible decisions that took points off the board. That is all.

Yep. We definitely lose these last 2 last season. There are multiple times that our guys could have folded the last 2 weeks and instead fought their way to W’s. We need to start better, but grinding out victories is a lot better then letting go of the rope and losing handily. Manny’s play the next play mantra has seemed to have sunken in and that’s a big thing.

Just keep have to keep it up and close out this season. 10-1 is very attainable.

Just keep winning.

7-1. Go Canes

Advertisement
Back