You know it’s bad when a US Congressman is weighing in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diaz leaving was blow but it isn't the end of the world yet.

The end of the world would be promoting Banda or hiring some out of touch coach.

Lets see what happens with the hire. Everything doesn't have to become a toxic discussion. Before it is really toxic.

Diaz wasn't the end all of coaches. We could land someone better and yes. We could also land someone worse but lets see how it plays out.
Still don't care about the DC position...this just seems oh so perfect for Corch Richt to sweep the desperate need for a new OC under the rug. MR probably on Tecmo Bowl right now trying to perfect his craft for next season.

He’s a decent guy though, for today’s politician.

I respect him. He certainly breaks with his party often enough. I believe he was rated the 4th most bipartisan congressman.

However, once he made that health care vote in 2017 he put his seat in major jeopardy. You couldn't be in a blue district and make that vote without understanding the type of backlash you would face. The percentages were overwhelming in terms of the correlation of Republicans in blue districts who made that vote. Many of them chose to retire anyway. The ones who faced the voters did not fare well, to put it mildly.

However, in Curbelo's case it was a choice of being primaried if he voted the other way. He had already opposed his party many times. Stray there and they'll challenge you and probably succeed.

Curbelo needed an opponent who did not fit the district. If someone like Donna Shalala had been nominated in that district, then Curbelo wins fairly handily. But Mucarsel-Powell was an excellent fit who understood the need to get on the air early and relentlessly in Spanish media.

Advertisement
Bama is paying Nick Saban approximately $607,000.00 per win in 2018. So I guess Miami is doing Ok per win.
More accurate measurable would be what is the ROI for each coach. In other words, how much $$$ does each coach bring in to their respective university for the $$$ spent on each win. Bama wins in a landslide. I’d guess Corch MoRk generates 1/10 the revenue that Saban does. Maybe less.

More accurate measurable would be what is the ROI for each coach. In other words, how much $$$ does each coach bring in to their respective university for the $$$ spent on each win. Bama wins in a landslide. I’d guess Corch MoRk generates 1/10 the revenue that Saban does. Maybe less.
No one asked Canedog to do a ROI analysis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back