You can't neglect hs recruiting

That’s not the point. This is about building a sustainable strategy that results in being one of the top 5 to 6 programs in a year and year out basis.

It’s really a stupid question which you were asking to further your ongoing agenda. I would take eight wins this year. That doesn’t mean that’s any good, or something we should strive for. I’m for going for the fences.
The point is there are different ways to build rosters in 2023-2024. Lane built Ole Miss up from records worse than Miami had pre-Mario to multiple 10 win seasons for the first time in 60 years. For someone that can't recruit, his team is better than ours.

My "agenda" - wanting Miami to be a winning football team vs. being tied to a head coach.

Advertisement
what are u actually waiting to see...we already have years of data or are yall waiting for a good szn by us to say..."see..." idk

we play the portal but we just fill up on jags for every hit

Come on man the portal has only been heavily adopted for a couple of years. Also, I have nothing to do but wait around and see. I’m not the one that makes the decisions.

Could we be getting better players in the portal? Yes. We could also be getting better players in terms of recruiting as well. It’s not just one thing or the other.

The point is there are different ways to build rosters in 2023-2024. Lane built Ole Miss up from records worse than Miami had pre-Mario to multiple 10 win seasons for the first time in 60 years. For someone that can't recruit, his team is better than ours.

My "agenda" - wanting Miami to be a winning football team vs. being tied to a head coach.

Listen, clown boy I’m not tied to anyone, I wanted Lane. But we got what we got. I’m just not a little girl whining all the time like you.

Listen, clown boy I’m not tied to anyone, I wanted Lane. But we got what we got. I’m just not a little girl whining all the time like you.
Yet here you are all upset and whining assuming I am referring to you as being tied to a coach. You want to give "we got what we got" a pass, cool, but I understand why some won't when people are lowering the bar for our coach to levels previously unacceptable. He is recruiting really well, now adapt to other facets of winning. Ball is in his court.

Just win.

Advertisement
Come on man the portal has only been heavily adopted for a couple of years. Also, I have nothing to do but wait around and see. I’m not the one that makes the decisions.

Could we be getting better players in the portal? Yes. We could also be getting better players in terms of recruiting as well. It’s not just one thing or the other.
guys were ALWAYS allowed to transfer. Only thing that differs is they dont sit out a year b4 it was mostly grad transfers.

Do you see whom Ole Miss targeted in the portal...what made us not do the same?. We have lanbded a sh*t ton of portal guys ...just a bunch are depth guys and not enough difference makers

Yet here you are all upset and whining assuming I am referring to you as being tied to a coach. You want to give "we got what we got" a pass, cool, but I understand why some won't when people are lowering the bar for our coach to levels previously unacceptable. He is recruiting really well, now adapt to other facets of winning. Ball is in his court.

Just win.

Give it a pass? What are you talking about? What does giving a pass or not giving a pass mean? Can you change it? Can I? Who cares if someone “will give it a pass” or won’t.

I don’t know. Do you want me to stop going to games? Is that what you mean? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’m neither upset nor whining. That’s other people. They spend their lives whining. I’m pretty sure that’s how they are in real life too. Worst people in the world are the ones that are always complaining. In real life, I don’t let those people into my life. This is a fan site I get it, some of you like to work out your psychological problems here, the only reason I’m even responding to you, is because you started this conversation with me, so I’ll give you the benefit of my opinion since you asked. Otherwise, IDGAF.

Last edited:
Give it a pass? What are you talking about? What does giving a pass or not giving a pass mean? Can you change it? Can I? Who cares if someone “will give it a pass” or won’t.

I don’t know. Do you want me to stop going to games? Is that what you mean? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’m neither upset nor whining. That’s other people. They spend their lives whining. I’m pretty sure that’s how they are in real life too. Worst people in the world are the ones that are always complaining. In real life, I don’t let those people into my life. This is a fan site I get it, some of you like to work out your psychological problems here, the only reason I’m even responding to you, is because you started this conversation with me, so I’ll give you the benefit of my opinion since you asked. Otherwise, IDGAF.
This is a senseless back and forth that is distracting from the thread itself.

Bottom line: there is more than one way to build rosters in 2023-2024. Mario is doing a great job with high school recruiting, but he needs to win on the field - which he is not. One way to supplement that high school recruiting to give him what seems like the overwhelming talent advantage he needs to overcome his game day feel for the game, is through getting difference makers from the portal.

None of it is going to stop me from going to games or supporting the team or posting about things that are either good or ****** about the coaching staff or product we are supporting.

Advertisement
This is a senseless back and forth that is distracting from the thread itself.

Bottom line: there is more than one way to build rosters in 2023-2024. Mario is doing a great job with high school recruiting, but he needs to win on the field - which he is not. One way to supplement that high school recruiting to give him what seems like the overwhelming talent advantage he needs to overcome his game day feel for the game, is through getting difference makers from the portal.

None of it is going to stop me from going to games or supporting the team or posting about things that are either good or ****** about the coaching staff or product we are supporting.

Have a good night

Miami's DL will look much different in 2024 than the bowl game.

We literally had No backup DE's. We switched from 3 and 4 man fronts to give Wayne a breather, but he was a big issue in the run game. He isn't ready to set a hard edge. The big Rutgers runs were bounced to outside. They were exhausted by the 4th thus you saw the explosive runs.

Clark is a bigger and more athletic DT than Deen. 6'3 305-310 ish. Deen was like 6'1 280.

He also was asked to take on 2 blockers and play a NT in Nc state's 3-3-5. His athleticism wasnt showcased in that scheme. Think Donofrio/Golden DT vs. Diaz/Guidry style DT.

Mesidor was preseason all ACC before season. We forget how good he is. He was sorely missed. The staff is Sky high on Kelly at DE also. He may have the best tools from an edge rusher we have on roster. Dude had 4 sacks barely playing as a TF, but we hurt early then shut down. He is a big time talent.

Guidry can be creative. Bain will play DE and DT.

DE-Mesidor/Bain/Blount
DL-Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
DT-Clark/Moten/Scott/Horton
DE-Kelly/Wayne/Lightfoot

Kirby just said recruiting over coaching haha guess that means Mario has a chance

Miami's DL will look much different in 2024 than the bowl game.

We literally had No backup DE's. We switched from 3 and 4 man fronts to give Wayne a breather, but he was a big issue in the run game. He isn't ready to set a hard edge. The big Rutgers runs were bounced to outside. They were exhausted by the 4th thus you saw the explosive runs.

Clark is a bigger and more athletic DT than Deen. 6'3 305-310 ish. Deen was like 6'1 280.

He also was asked to take on 2 blockers and play a NT in Nc state's 3-3-5. His athleticism wasnt showcased in that scheme. Think Donofrio/Golden DT vs. Diaz/Guidry style DT.

Mesidor was preseason all ACC before season. We forget how good he is. He was sorely missed. The staff is Sky high on Kelly at DE also. He may have the best tools from an edge rusher we have on roster. Dude had 4 sacks barely playing as a TF, but we hurt early then shut down. He is a big time talent.

Guidry can be creative. Bain will play DE and DT.

DE-Mesidor/Bain/Blount
DL-Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
DT-Clark/Moten/Scott/Horton
DE-Kelly/Wayne/Lightfoot
Collins. A. we always forget the biggest guy 😂
Everybody does it.

Advertisement
I'm just waiting for the day that a player challenges the NCAA's transfer window and is able to enter the portal midseason.

Tyler Van Dyke out with an injury for Clemson? No problem - Miami company offers $3M to (x) starter to transfer over mid-season.

posted this in the wrong forum last night ... but i guess some of yall gone disagree with a two time national champion coach

Simple solution to stemming some of this portal madness while still getting paid and adhering to NIL:

Everyone that transfers has to sit out a year unless you are a grad transfer.

I don’t understand how this was allowed to turn into NFL free agency on last year contracts with the majority of the power with the player. How does being able to transfer whenever or wherever you want part of NIL?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back