You Can't Handle the Truth!!

We are bringing in a 10th coach that’s offensive minded & Perry is starting. Next year gone be LIT!

Advertisement
The truth is I‎t doesn’t matter who our qb is next year cause we struggle with blocking elite d-lines. When we get 3 or 4 maulers on the o-line then we can play with the big boys.

Bingo! We have a winner!

When the Canes produce a running game the starting QB will become miraculously better.

Malik is the devil or has to be with some. The reason, it cannot be Richt's fault that the offense is this bad....it has to be someone else. Enter Rosier, an average QB, but one who is better than he's getting the chance to show due to the dumbass play calling.

Whether it is the play calling or the QB, we are in trouble if he is our QB going forward. I dont hate Malik but something needs to change.

The offensive line needs to change...if there is not vast improvement in this area where we witness a real push against good defensive lines, then it will not matter who is quarterbacking the Canes.

Advertisement
Rosier played hard for us this year. He helped us win a lot of games & the Coastal division for the first time. While his completion % was fairly low and his play declined in the last few games (potentially due to a shoulder injury and little time to heal with all the back-to-back games), he found ways to win a lot of games (he was effective as a runner & made key plays in key spots when he absolutely had to). This doesn't mean Rosier is the second coming of Jim Kelly but he played hard for us (except the Pitt game perhaps where he admitted he got complacent) and won ten games (with wins against ND, FSU, Va Tech Ga Tech and others). While not perfect, he deserves a lot of credit.

Who on this board would have predicted ten wins and an appearance in the ACC CG with a new QB AND without Walton, Richards (injured/out for much of the season) and Herndon lost for some key games?

None of the above means he should be named the starter for next year. It will be a good competition next Spring at the QB position. CMR will pick the best man for the job. If it is Rosier, he deserves our full support. If it is Perry or another QB, then so be it. Either way, I'm grateful that Malik found ways to win ten games this year. We had been missing that for a while.

I like Malik, I am thankful he was named the starter vs Evan but I see his limitations.

We need a QB who grows each play and every game, not decline.

Fix the offensive line and you'll have that quarterback.

its not 53% rosier, hes terrible

Fix the offensive line and that percentage will exceed 60%.

with a D1 QB, Rosier had guys wide open all year and didn't see the and missed them, I know the line needs to get better but Rosier wouldn't start at West Florida

Advertisement
I don't hate Malik....I can't, he beat FSU and gave us an overall great season. That doesn't mean we can't do better.

Kirby Freeman beat FSU.

I see what you are doing there...the Kirby comparison shoots down Malik's great accomplishment and allows the hate fest to continue motoring along.

Its not a hate fest, everyone knew he was terrible, Richt knew he was terrible, he played good, won some games and made the season fun, teams figured out he couldn't throw and dared him at end, guys were open all pitt, Clemson, and wisc game, he couldn't get it there

he isn't close to Mimi material or D1 power 5 material, one of the young guys should be able to beat him out with ease, the whole country can see this

I like Malik, I am thankful he was named the starter vs Evan but I see his limitations.

We need a QB who grows each play and every game, not decline.

with a D1 QB, Rosier had guys wide open all year and didn't see the and missed them, I know the line needs to get better but Rosier wouldn't start at West Florida

Not true! He did miss receivers at times, he also had countless dropped passes. He had no running game, thus EVERY defensive coordinator could solely concentrate on shutting down the passing game.

Further, due to no running game there was no chance for deception in the play calling, which gives a massive benefit to opposing defenses.

He also had an inordinate amount of passes batted down due to offensive linemen being pushed backwards into the pocket, which is precisely what caused the interception by the Badgers defensive end (Brian Griese's words).

Malik Rosier is no Kenny Dorsey, but he is a winner and a kid who puts it all on the line. Given a running game and stout offensive line and he will do remarkably good things.

What I find to be hilarious is the geniuses who have crowned N'Kosi Perry next year's starter, based on what?? If he is the second coming of Christ and Malik couldn't start for West Florida then why wasn't he bounced ahead of Rosier this year? After all, many true freshman have started at major programs across the country, but not Perry. Again why is that the case?

I suspect Perry is in line to be the next despised UM player if he doesn't win every regular season game, the ACC Championship and National Championship. Let the hate fest begin!!!!

Not true! He did miss receivers at times, he also had countless dropped passes. He had no running game, thus EVERY defensive coordinator could solely concentrate on shutting down the passing game.

Further, due to no running game there was no chance for deception in the play calling, which gives a massive benefit to opposing defenses.

He also had an inordinate amount of passes batted down due to offensive linemen being pushed backwards into the pocket, which is precisely what caused the interception by the Badgers defensive end (Brian Griese's words).

Malik Rosier is no Kenny Dorsey, but he is a winner and a kid who puts it all on the line. Given a running game and stout offensive line and he will do remarkably good things.

What I find to be hilarious is the geniuses who have crowned N'Kosi Perry next year's starter, based on what?? If he is the second coming of Christ and Malik couldn't start for West Florida then why wasn't he bounced ahead of Rosier this year? After all, many true freshman have started at major programs across the country, but not Perry. Again why is that the case?

I suspect Perry is in line to be the next despised UM player if he doesn't win every regular season game, the ACC Championship and National Championship. Let the hate fest begin!!!!

Rosier is done as the starter, again everyone can see this. 0% chance he starts next season.
If one of the young guys cant beat him out (After being here a year and enrolling early) we re seriously screwed.
Perry got here in late June, hurricane hit and we were winning, mo reason to ruin redshirt t that point.

Advertisement

Rosier is done as the starter, again everyone can see this. 0% chance he starts next season.
If one of the young guys cant beat him out (After being here a year and enrolling early) we re seriously screwed.
Perry got here in late June, hurricane hit and we were winning, mo reason to ruin redshirt t that point.

Well, you're not going to answer my question as to why Perry didn't start...so I'll answer it. Coach Richt knew that placing Perry behind this year's offensive line would have seen the kid being destroyed.

Richt knew that Rosier was mentally and physically tough and with some luck would survive the season.

Instead of Canes fans eviscerating Rosier, they should be celebrating his tenacity, dedication and willingness to do anything to win. He got the **** beat out of him most every game, yet he picked himself off the canvas and went the full 15 rounds. Just watch the replay of the Wisconsin game and see the beating Rosier took.

No one hopes more than I do that Perry will be the start of Miami being once again recognized as quarterback "U", but my respect and appreciation for what Rosier accomplished this year will stay with me as long as I am a Canes fan.

10 win season, beat FSU, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame, Coastal Division Champions and played in the Orange Bowl after not being in a major bowl for 13 years. Thank you Malik!!!

Well, you're not going to answer my question as to why Perry didn't start...so I'll answer it. Coach Richt knew that placing Perry behind this year's offensive line would have seen the kid being destroyed.

Richt knew that Rosier was mentally and physically tough and with some luck would survive the season.

Instead of Canes fans eviscerating Rosier, they should be celebrating his tenacity, dedication and willingness to do anything to win. He got the **** beat out of him most every game, yet he picked himself off the canvas and went the full 15 rounds. Just watch the replay of the Wisconsin game and see the beating Rosier took.

No one hopes more than I do that Perry will be the start of Miami being once again recognized as quarterback "U", but my respect and appreciation for what Rosier accomplished this year will stay with me as long as I am a Canes fan.

10 win season, beat FSU, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame, Coastal Division Champions and played in the Orange Bowl after not being in a major bowl for 13 years. Thank you Malik!!!

1) I said Malik played well for him, made the season fun, won some games, appreciate what he did
2) I said Perry got here so late, you are right he wasn't ready, not many freshman start week 1 arriving in June.

The defense kept us in games all year, Malik finished awful, and that is who he is, teams dare him to throw.

Hope he comes back to be the back up next season, experience is always good, but Richt is done with him, he told everyone, the qb position is now open, he will ply 1of his guys Next year, hopefully Perry is good, because Rosier isn't.

1) I said Malik played well for him, made the season fun, won some games, appreciate what he did
2) I said Perry got here so late, you are right he wasn't ready, not many freshman start week 1 arriving in June.

The defense kept us in games all year, Malik finished awful, and that is who he is, teams dare him to throw.

Hope he comes back to be the back up next season, experience is always good, but Richt is done with him, he told everyone, the qb position is now open, he will ply 1of his guys Next year, hopefully Perry is good, because Rosier isn't.

Teams dare him to throw?????? That falls under the heading of, 'No ****, Sherlock Holmes!' That is precisely the point I've been trying to get you to embrace. When a defensive coordinator knows you can't run the ball and they are in a scheme that would require a micro surgeon to fit a ball in between defenders...**** yes, they are begging for your QB to throw the ball. That is precisely what Malik faced all year.

Yes, he finished awful, because other than the Pittsburgh debacle, he was forced to go against Clemson who has a vaunted defense and coordinator, and a Wisconsin team that is statistically the number 1 defense in the country. Those teams were chomping at the bit to face Miami's one dimensional offense, which they flat teed off on. You could have switched out Rosier for Baker Mayfield for those two games and the result would have been the same...assuming Mayfield could have lasted to the end of said games due to the mauling he would have had to endure.

Once more, if the Canes can't get their offensive line straightened away, and Perry is the QB, I sadly predict the kid will not last the season.

Advertisement

Teams dare him to throw?????? That falls under the heading of, 'No ****, Sherlock Holmes!' That is precisely the point I've been trying to get you to embrace. When a defensive coordinator knows you can't run the ball and they are in a scheme that would require a micro surgeon to fit a ball in between defenders...**** yes, they are begging for your QB to throw the ball. That is precisely what Malik faced all year.

Yes, he finished awful, because other than the Pittsburgh debacle, he was forced to go against Clemson who has a vaunted defense and coordinator, and a Wisconsin team that is statistically the number 1 defense in the country. Those teams were chomping at the bit to face Miami's one dimensional offense, which they flat teed off on. You could have switched out Rosier for Baker Mayfield for those two games and the result would have been the same...assuming Mayfield could have lasted to the end of said games due to the mauling he would have had to endure.

Once more, if the Canes can't get their offensive line straightened away, and Perry is the QB, I sadly predict the kid will not last the season.

Sorry, if you have Mayfield in the Wisconsin game, the Canes win the game. Agreed, Clemson was a blow out and not on Rosier alone. However, the Pitt and Wisconsin games end differently with a good (not great) QB.

Early candidate for porst and porster of the year.

GUYSM, completion % doesn’t matter. Rosier’s teammate said something nice about him on Twitter. Why you can’t handle that!

Advertisement
Back