You can blame Gattis, but it’s Mario

DiegoCane

All-ACC
Oregon has scored 40+ 8 straight game now, under Mario they did it 12 times in 4 years. He had an elite NFL QB for 2 of those years.

I knew Gattis was trash when his name 1st came up. Mario took months and the best he could do with a massive budget was Gattis.

Let’s be real about who is really to blame. He might be a good recruiter but he’s horrible at everything else

Advertisement
Oregon has scored 40+ 8 straight game now, under Mario they did it 12 times in 4 years. He had an elite NFL QB for 2 of those years.

I knew Gattis was trash when his name 1st came up. Mario took months and the best he could do with a massive budget was Gattis.

Let’s be real about who is really to blame. He might be a good recruiter but he’s horrible at everything else
Mario needs to get out of his own way and hire an elite OC and let him run the offensive show. His style of play has no business in our offense. He should learn from Dabo and be a CEO type that focuses on recruiting.

I understand why fans are upset. However, I am not ready to give up on Mario.

Don’t get me wrong…what I’ve seen this season on the field has been unwatchable. But, there is no chance he gets fired, so I have no choice but to blindly support him. I‘m hoping he makes changes to the staff and the new hires make up for his ineptitude on the field.

I know that doesn’t sound like a massive endorsement, but it’s the truth. We don’t have any other realistic option. He isn't going anywhere.

Advertisement

Don’t get me wrong…what I’ve seen this season on the field has been unwatchable. But, there is no chance he gets fired, so I have no choice but to blindly support him. I‘m hoping he makes changes to the staff and the new hires make up for his ineptitude on the field.

I know that doesn’t sound like a massive endorsement, but it’s the truth. We don’t have any other realistic option. He isn't going anywhere.
Maybe he will develop a mysterious medical condition, non life threatening, of course, that makes him tell the truth. This would really end his career, because he wouldn't be able to BS anyone anymore.

Oregon looking at Mario in the rear view mirror like:
jeremy lenzo waving GIF by Mayday Parade

Advertisement

Mario will have to change his offensive philosophy to have any real success

Can anyone explain Mario's affinity for pro style ball control, power running game? He didn't exactly play on that balanced of an offense here for that era. He played with Craig Erickson and Toretta, Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland, Randall Hill, Kevin WIlliams, etc. and he never played with a 1,000 yard rusher here. For that era Miami slung the ball around with the best of them.

Advertisement
Once they start executing… we will look back and laugh
Exactly!

Just like I tell my investors all the time, just give me the money now & don’t worry about it when you’ll get your return, in 10 or 20 something years we’ll all be richer than we are now, or dead.

Then they always say something about a ponzi scheme or something like that, but once I get the money I stop listening...

Mario needs to get out of his own way and hire an elite OC and let him run the offensive show. His style of play has no business in our offense. He should learn from Dabo and be a CEO type that focuses on recruiting.
Problem is when you do that then they leave after a year or 2 after having success. That's the problem with hiring a CEO HC, he always has to get the hires right. If you hired a Lane Kiffin type HC no matter what happens with the OC you will be fine on offense because they are just running lane's playbook.

I refuse to suspend reality for comfort. We’re just fooling ourselves if we thing Mario is going to elevate our program. We have a huge sample size from which to draw sound conclusions. He’s not the guy. Oregon succeeded in spite of Mario, not because of him.

Advertisement
Problem is when you do that then they leave after a year or 2 after having success. That's the problem with hiring a CEO HC, he always has to get the hires right. If you hired a Lane Kiffin type HC no matter what happens with the OC you will be fine on offense because they are just running lane's playbook.
Agreed but we're stuck with Mario for the next 9 years. Best we can do is keep him far away from the offense and let him concentrate on talent acquisition.

Can anyone explain Mario's affinity for pro style ball control, power running game? He didn't exactly play on that balanced of an offense here for that era. He played with Craig Erickson and Toretta, Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland, Randall Hill, Kevin WIlliams, etc. and he never played with a 1,000 yard rusher here. For that era Miami slung the ball around with the best of them.
Mario is a Butch guy, in fact he has his own Bill Miller X2 as his coordinators. The Erickson Bratkowski/Lubick team is a fond distant memory.

Exactly!

Just like I tell my investors all the time, just give me the money now & don’t worry about it when you’ll get your return, in 10 or 20 something years we’ll all be richer than we are now, or dead.

Then they always say something about a ponzi scheme or something like that, but once I get the money I stop listening...

Gattis stopped listening too

Advertisement
Back