YES, he actually said this

Advertisement
It's already reported that Golden has passed up many schools in So. Fla and he takes his "recruiting prowess" to the NE first. The fact is, he don't ever have to leave out of state for anything...maybe a QB and maybe an O-lineman. But all skilled positions, they are here. Even when So. Fla had some down years, you take care of home, first.

No one comes coach at Miami b/c we boast the biggest boosters, or we have the greatest facilities, or you get paid top dollar....you come to Miami b/c it can be on auto-pilot w/ the home grown talent that is dripping within a 30-45 minute drive from the school. Golden is an Al-Groh disciple and hence we see the problem.

Hey Al's just going by his core principals....lol. Hit the NE and California first and foremost. Then look at the local kids late in the process out of desperation. Don't develop relationships with the schools in Dade and Broward.

Last edited:
I didn't really think about the fact the McElwain took over a worse team, had less then 2 months to recruit, and still outperformed Golden. That's about as bad as it gets. The only cloud Golden is fighting now is his own record. He can't blame **** on anything outside anymore.

Kids and parents see that Golden's days are numbered. I don't blame a kid for not want to roll the dice that this admin gets the next guy right after striking out 3 times in a row.

I didn't really think about the fact the McElwain took over a worse team, had less then 2 months to recruit, and still outperformed Golden. That's about as bad as it gets. The only cloud Golden is fighting now is his own record. He can't blame **** on anything outside anymore.

Kids and parents see that Golden's days are numbered. I don't blame a kid for not want to roll the dice that this admin gets the next guy right after striking out 3 times in a row.

SO WHY DOES THE 2016 CONTINUE TO GET TOP RECRUITS?

FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Advertisement
McElwain has name recognition and resume.

Within the coaching community maybe. With recruits that would sign with FSU/UM/UF? No way. Golden is more known in the SoFla community than McElwain and McElwain beat Golden like a red headed step child.

FEEDBACK PLEASE.

We "GOT" top recruits? Really? When did they sign their LOIs???? FEEDBACK PLEASE. You do realize we had the same TOP RECRUITS last year looking to the 2015 NSD. How'd that turn out? FEEDBACK PLEASE.

FEEDBACK PLEASE.

The 2016 class next year will look worse than the 2015 class if Folden stays as head coach.

I honestly don't doubt Goldens efforts, for the most part. But dude, you suck as a football coach. Tough to outrecruit that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back