YEARBY ON ESPN @ 6PM TONIGHT

Advertisement
It seems like Yearby is a good dude but I'm sorry- that ESPN piece left A LOT to be desired in relation to actual details. All they did was show him holding his daughter and him saying he had no good memories of his dad. There was nothing memorable about the piece and that's ALL on ESPN as I'm sure the kid has a story.

ESPN, and this country, is so pussified that they celebrate something you're supposed to do. Taking responsibility for one's life is expected, not extraordinary.

So, what is ESPN really selling?

It's because e$ECpn is inundated with(like most media) liberals. And what's their favorite type of racism? The bigotry of low expectations. Don't put a kid on my screen saying he had no dad but he's going to be a good dad and end the freakin' story at that leaving your entire audience to make up Yearby's entire life in their head...which is also another dangerous result of such a crappy piece of "journalism".

I'm just sayin' they were insulting to Yearby by doing such a short fluff piece which in the end was just a celebration of him being there for his kid. At minimum tell us about his freakin' upbringing for a minute or show how he manages being an athlete-student and a parent as it appeared as though his kid is living with him.

Just because something makes YOU feel good or because it's a "good" story about a Cane doesn't make it actually good.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2286160 said:
2nd but very close 2nd best RB in the ACC! IMO. Great job Yearby!

Cook is far away number 1, probably number 1 in the whole country. Let's see what Yearby does against a real defense before we crown him.
FAUs run defense is atrocious

Not sure I would take cook over chub or the Lsu back

I put a healthy James Conner on that list too.

Cook was my favorite recruit in that class. Miami kid that is possibly the best back in the country. criminal that he ended up at FSU.

Thanks, Al

Niner is the biggest idiot on the internet

Advertisement
Big ups to yearby he's a success story we hear far to little of.

He's not a success story yet, but he's on the road to becoming one. I hope it works out for his child or children, same as I do for any kid out there.

Someone else had it right when they wondered why the heck being a dad is considered worth applauding rather than just doing what's expected. If that's the story, there's a ton of other athletes who you could do a story on.

Either way, he seems like a humble young man who'll hopefully succeed not only on the field, but in the classroom. If that was the goal of more student athletes, there would be many more leaving college football with a bright future ahead of them.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2286160 said:
2nd but very close 2nd best RB in the ACC! IMO. Great job Yearby!

Cook is far away number 1, probably number 1 in the whole country. Let's see what Yearby does against a real defense before we crown him.
FAUs run defense is atrocious

Not sure I would take cook over chub or the Lsu back

I put a healthy James Conner on that list too.

Derrick Henry?

Advertisement
Back