Yearby and the Rb group

As an interesting aside, Brett Friedlander, ACC columnist for the Wilmington based Star News named Yearby the ACC player of yhe week. Friedlander is quite Carolina centric.

Advertisement
Want to see gray get some touches with the 1st group and when the defense isn't lining up 7 in the box b/c they know we are running the clock out.

Let's move Dallas Crawford back to RB and put him 4th behind all of those guys. Will get him off of defense. I never thought he was a great RB to begin with, but he was way better there than he is at safety. Watching him play safety is painful.

Advertisement
They may be, lol, but I'd like to see gray gets some touches with the ones when everyone knows he isn't getting the ball.

We have a nice stable of backs, but overemphasizing stats compiled against the Bethune Cookman's and FAU's of the world is pointless. And in their defense, some may place too much of the blame on the RBs when we start playing better competition and our OL can't get any push up front or open holes for them on a consistent basis.

The greatest strength of all these backs is that they're very gifted pass receivers. Considering our struggles to separate on the outside and Coley's baffling underutilization of the TE group, our offense would benefit greatly from exploiting situations where we can get Yearby/Walton/Gray matched up on LBs in coverage. Knowing how awful our OC is, though, makes that seem unlikely.

I'd like to see Gray used more and not just as a garbage time clock eater. His home run ability would be a nice change of pace earlier in games and add a new dimension to our offense.

Advertisement
Coley is an idiot Gray is the game changer at back that kid has the chance to hit a home run every time he touches it there needs to be more plays designed for him on offense

I'd trade all 3 to have another year of Duke. Losing Duke & Gus may not seem like much now, but it will as the year goes on.

It's pretty easy to rack up yards against BC & FAU - so we'll see in the next couple games how good we can be. I'm sticking with good but not great.

I was happy to see Yearby finally hit some big plays. I hope Gray gets more trust from the coaches because he has the highest ceiling. We're going to need him.

Yearby sucks he's slow and weak and small lol...... and he's afraid of contact. Geez Walton is decent but he'll never amount to much he's good a many things not great at anything chocolate is a great back but he can't hold onto the ball and he's injury prone.

That's our running back situation.

Advertisement
Let's move Dallas Crawford back to RB and put him 4th behind all of those guys. Will get him off of defense. I never thought he was a great RB to begin with, but he was way better there than he is at safety. Watching him play safety is painful.

Dallas won my respect against North Carolina with that performance when duke was out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No knock on Gus but what did he ever do to think he was going to be some front line star starter this year?

We haven't played anyone yet so lets also tone down the noise on the 3 playing now. I like what I see for sure but let them play an actual Power 5 team before we get ahead of ourselves.

Yearby looks slow as ****, decent RB but he is a huge downgrade from Duke
It's not a huge downgrade Duke was faster than yearby but yearby has some advantages over Duke including better vision and that he is more elusive and quicker

Most importantly is Yearby hasn't fumbled yet. Duke always fumbled and got hurt in big games

Duke's fumble-6 at Nebraska really hurt us .

Advertisement
Back