Yearby and the Rb group

brock

All-American
First 2 games
Yearby
24 carries 186 rushing yards 2 TD 7.8 ypc
5 catches 105 yards TD

Looks explosive, how good will he end up being?

Walton
24 carries 128 yards 4 tds 5.3 ypc

Gray
16 carries 118 yards 1td 7.4 ypc

Personally I would rather have this running back stable we have this year than in the years past. When was the last time we had 3 backs over 100 yards in the first 2 games?

Last edited:
Advertisement
would like to see gray get some short yardage carries out of the iformation with the first team.. not a fan of 3rd and 1 and lining up in the pistol cause Kaaya is no threat to run to the outside

Not taking anything away from those impressive numbers. However. Let's see it be consistent and against teams that will present more of a challenge to a good running game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3 good-looking RBs. I was surprised with the speed and shiftiness Gray showed. For those on the board who talked about this in the past, you are most certainly correct - he looks good.

The added weight is good for Yearby. He was never a fast back and he still looks quick and elusive. It'll help him to stay healthy.

Adding Homer next year will be nice....Adding Burns and Thompson the following year will be even better. Miami should always have a stable of quality backs....

First 2 games
Yearby
24 carries 186 rushing yards 2 TD 7.8 ypc
5 catches 105 yards TD

Looks explosive, how good will he end up being?

Walton
24 carries 128 yards 4 tds 5.3 ypc

Gray
16 carries 118 yards 1td 7.4 ypc

Personally I would rather have this running back stable we have this year than in the years past. When was the last time we had 3 backs over 100 yards in the first 2 games?

Yearby looks slow as ****, decent RB but he is a huge downgrade from Duke
It's not a huge downgrade Duke was faster than yearby but yearby has some advantages over Duke including better vision and that he is more elusive and quicker

Considering we lost Gus, it's nice to see all of these guys playing well. Yes the competition will continue to improve but up to this point the RB position has been a positive. All of these guys keep moving forward. Overall, there have been few no gain or negative running plays.

Advertisement
So far so good.
They seem to be good runners, pass catchers and decent blockers.
And most importantly no turnovers.
Let's see how they fair against better competition. If they can protect the ball & avoid the fumbles along with Kaaya avoiding interceptions we will be in every game this year.

The defenses of BCC and FAU aren't really the best measuring sticks, IMO.

Let's see how we look after these next 2 games ...

For the people who want to see more Gray, you are going to get all you want from him by midseason because there is no way that Walton can keep up this pace. He will hit the proverbial freshmen wall. Esp with the defenses we will be playing against between this month and Oct. If Walton can just stay healthy throughout the whole year that would be a win.

When you have 3 good backs, we have the luxury of going to whomever is hot at that particular game. People were mad that Gray didn't see a lot of touches but Yearby was on fire on last Friday. Couldn't take him out.

Gray will have his chances. I think we will see more of him when we start playing the FSUs and VTechs of the world. His big body and speed will take some punishment off Yearby and Walton whose small frames will not be able to take the same kind of punishment week in and out.

This is an A+ group. I watched the FSU/USF game and they have nothing behind DCook. Even though Cook is a manchild, if he goes down they are screwed. We are in a better overall position IMO.

BTW guys, this is the best I've seen our RB's perform in a long time, at protecting the passer; because they actually know who to block now!.

Rushing wise, pretty impressive numbers for our RB's ...considering how dysfunctional our OL has been; Kehoe has his work cut out for him...

So, if our RB's fail vs the next few opponents, i know one thing for sure ICE isn't the problem!!

Advertisement
Only thing that will cause Yearby and Walton to hit a wall, is if we continue to mismanage how we use those guys. I would have loved to see Gray and/or even Tucker in during short yardage situations... Throw them a bone, and let them punch it in for the TD/few 1st downs...

It adds another element for defenses to pay attention to. When you see a 220lb tailback come into the game on 3rd and 2, both the players and coaches pay attention to that. With that, it increases the chances of catching the defense off-guard, as now % for throwing for a TD goes way up. You have linebackers with ears peeled to stop the run, and man coverage.

For the people who want to see more Gray, you are going to get all you want from him by midseason because there is no way that Walton can keep up this pace. He will hit the proverbial freshmen wall. Esp with the defenses we will be playing against between this month and Oct. If Walton can just stay healthy throughout the whole year that would be a win.

When you have 3 good backs, we have the luxury of going to whomever is hot at that particular game. People were mad that Gray didn't see a lot of touches but Yearby was on fire on last Friday. Couldn't take him out.

Gray will have his chances. I think we will see more of him when we start playing the FSUs and VTechs of the world. His big body and speed will take some punishment off Yearby and Walton whose small frames will not be able to take the same kind of punishment week in and out.

This is an A+ group. I watched the FSU/USF game and they have nothing behind DCook. Even though Cook is a manchild, if he goes down they are screwed. We are in a better overall position IMO.

Advertisement

Strong post. We are only 3 deep at RB, but it's 3 solid to terrific backs. Still we obviously should be even deeper at the position.

Yearby looks slow as ****, decent RB but he is a huge downgrade from Duke
It's not a huge downgrade Duke was faster than yearby but yearby has some advantages over Duke including better vision and that he is more elusive and quicker

Most importantly is Yearby hasn't fumbled yet. Duke always fumbled and got hurt in big games

Need some three-headed monster packages with Yearby, Walton and Gray.

Do a few series a game that way, save Kaaya's life.

Advertisement
Back