Year 3

Alot of posters on here like to re-write history or better yet tear pages out of the history books that you want people to just forget about. You can hate Manny as a HC all you want and even call him a clown/corny coach but one thing that guy can do is coach defense. Those 2017 and 2018 defenses were absolutely dominant for the better part of the respective seasons and people will forget about them because we didnt end either season well..but we didnt have bad seasons because of that unit. Especially in 2018.

I trust him to get this defense back on track (especially with Bob Shoop being his hitman) until he proves otherwise.
I agree it was the horrible offences our D was straight till Baker took over. Now we're in year 2 with a full off season for Lashlee and I think Manny T Rob and Simpson will have the D back to how it was aggressive causing turnovers.

Advertisement
Bama - Loss
Appalachian St -Win
Michigan St - Loss
Central CT - Win
VA - Win
at UNC - Loss
NC St. Loss
at Pitt -Loss
GaTech - Win
at FSU - Win
VaTech - Loss
At Duke - Win

6-6

Ouch. I mean, not out of the realm of possibility but this is the worst case scenario IMO.

Advertisement
*Improvements along the Oline
*better depth
*one of the best QB rooms in the nation
*explosiveness on offense CONSISTENTLY

this is obviously a huge for his tenure. Year 3s are arguably the most important for a hc. I’m confidently optimistic

Jordan didn’t qualify for the metric because well.. he wasn’t available. To this point pure talent not much of a difference. And arroyo TO ME from what I’ve seen is better than either so wash

The minimum was 30 targets. Jordan had at least 30 CATCHES each season, so he definitely qualified for that metric.

Until proven otherwise, all we have is Greentree All Americans at TE.

The minimum was 30 targets. Jordan had at least 30 CATCHES each season, so he definitely qualified for that metric.

Until proven otherwise, all we have is Greentree All Americans at TE.
Brother I’m not all the way serious I know what the metric is lol i don’t think brevin was just undoubtedly better than Will though period.

Advertisement
Defense -

S - Bolden and Gurvan returning with a real DB coach and tons of talent behind them (Avantae, JW, Balom, Kitchens, etc.) - Improved

CB - 1st Rd talent in Tyrique to pair with 3 year players in Ivey & Blades, plus and emerging Couch. Again a real DB coach who has produced 1st rd players. Expecting to finally get the most out of this position - Improved

Striker - Returning starter Gil who emerged last year and should only get better. Plus more talent behind him (Chase Smith, Amari) - Improved

LB - Can’t get any worse (Improved) - No McCloud and hopefully no Jennings. Insert Keontra with a second year Flagg, and TAC, plus Huff and the freshman talent. Can’t say we won’t have more speed. Need Brooks to get healthy

DL - 3 Veterans in Nesta, Ford, and Miller and an Emerging JHH. Uber talent behind those 4 with Robert and Taylor. With Simpson coaching, this might be the most Improved position on the team

DE - Position of most concern along with LB. Addition of Deandre Johnson should help but we really need a young guy or 2 to emerge (Harvey hopefully can take a big leap). Regressed - How can it not be after losing 2 first rounders

Once you fully break it down, our defense should really be a lot better. No more Baker and Rumph is huge, plus Shoop in the booth. Expecting a big rebound from the D. All positions should improve besides DE

Offense -

QB - Another year in Lashlee’s system for King should yield a more effecient and Improved QB play. You saw it start to click the second half of the year for King before his injury. Add to it, we have legit QBs coming up behind him too in TVD and Garcia. If King is healthy, watch out

RB - All RBs come back and Chaney and Rooster should start to take the next step in their games. And Cam is Cam, to add even more depth. Two talent freshman behind them. Should be Improved

WR - Similar to LBs, it can’t get much worse. A top 4 of Rambo, Harley, Smith, and Restrepo should be a huge Improvement over any Pope and Wiggins combination. 3 talent freshman as well. The WR room is stacked now, just need guys to step up

TE - Mallory is the key. If he can elevate his game to the next level, we won’t miss Brevin as much. Depth should be solid but need a young guy to step up. Might be a little bit of Regression at this position but not by much.

OL - All starters returning on the OL and a healthy and hopefully thinner Navaughn. My bet is Justice gets his unit right and rolling this year and we see a much Improved unit.

Specials -

P - Hadley is a beast - Improved

K - Borregales part duex - Cant imagine the freshman can outshine his big bro yet - Regression

This team has all the talent, seniority, and hopefully the right coaching to compete for a playoff spot. We might not beat Bama but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be in the top 10 all year and end up 11-1, 10-2

If we don’t, Manny probably isn’t the guy

Last edited:
Advertisement
Corps

I think the offense will improve and the defense will regress.

The light is not going to come on in Mannys head. It's year 6 of his defense, and still relying on transfers and have no linebackers. Still getting steamrolled by UNC.

For those who didn't like this post, what do you see in this that is not factual?

Corps

I think the offense will improve and the defense will regress.

The light is not going to come on in Mannys head. It's year 6 of his defense, and still relying on transfers and have no linebackers. Still getting steamrolled by UNC.
Do you know how regression works?

Alright folks ..year 3 of the Diaz HC era is almost upon us. As some might recall, year 3 is very telling for good or for worse. Most good coaches see a big leap in their 3rd year.

Will we see a better team this fall? Will we see a team that puts all 3 phases together?

Some positives that bode well:

-Year 3 of the S&C Program
-Everyone back on offense including the offensive staff minus Brevin
-Removing Blake Baker
-Tattoed Lou

Weak spots:

-unproven kicker
- LB core
- losing Phillips
- OL is still a ?
-WR core minus Harley

What y’all think?
most pundits have our wr core including Mallory and Rambo as the 7th best receiving unit Going into 21 season

ol is the best we’ve had in 15 years

Advertisement
For one, go check the scoring totals by UNC the last six seasons.
"Torched by UNC" was in 2020-2021 season. I'm not sure how else to describe 62-26 loss. This happens in the 5th year of installing own defense and recruiting defensive payers. Sorry but I couldn't care less about their scoring total in the last six seasons. You are supposed to get better as years go on as a coach and as a team.
And it's not like we were beating them consistently before (once every other season?) or in a convincing manner. This is not a mighty football school by the way. It is Basketball Carolina.
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.59.51 PM.png

Advertisement
Back