Year 1 expectations for Butch and his staff

Advertisement
I always thought whoever coached would take awhile but thats my opinion with the shades off. I dont like this roster like others drool over it but thats just me

Unless we have a catastrophic run of injuries, anything less than 10 wins would be a disappointment.

(Ten wins, bowl game included.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Completely agree.. Especially since FSU will be down and no Clemson

FSU won't be down, but they will be breaking in a QB by the name of Francios. Their OL will be better and they obviously have Cook plus their WR's.

My expectations will be zero. It's going to be much the same, but I hope to be wrong

Maguire is only a junior, he will be back next year. As for the defense...they are supposedly going to be the most talented group Fisher has ever had. FSU will be very good next year. Notre Dame should be tough, and so should UNC

I always thought whoever coached would take awhile but thats my opinion with the shades off. I dont like this roster like others drool over it but thats just me

We don't need a roster full of pro bowlers to make it to the ACC CG. All that's needed is a competent staff.

Advertisement

Agreed. We lack key depth and talent in a lot of areas. Also these are goldenized players, they have no dog in them, and they have been part of a ***** s&c program the last 5 years. Every coach should get 3 years. That's the general rule.

He should win the Coastal with this team.

I can't expect him to win the conference, as I think the OL, WR, and RB leave a lot to be desired. They aren't ready for Clemson or FSU. We desperately need to hold on to this recruiting class and for him to work his evaluation magic and grab some gems down the stretch.

Last edited:
Though you could be right. Our coordinators were so bad. New blood could make us that much better. Only thing is learning curve for Kaya.

Advertisement
No. Butch will be filling in the gaps with JCs - count on it....

Below AVG OL, 1 very good WR (that gets hurt a ton), avg and no depth at LB and a secondary that will be very young - same record as this year

Advertisement
Ex

I'm with you...Saban would have his hands full training these kids mentally and physically the proper way in one offseason.

Y'all lunching, he has to recruit and develop a line on both sides of the ball first. Change the entire S&C program, and worry about depth from people leaving early. I think we take a step back in year 1, and dont see the real fruit until year 3.

Advertisement
Back