Year 1 expectations for Butch and his staff

1) Fire Swasey.

2) take some time to figure everything else out.

I think Jimbo's very first personnel move was to fire the S&C coach (think it was a matter of days). Butch needs to do the same.

Advertisement
1) Fire Swasey.

2) take some time to figure everything else out.

I think Jimbo's very first personnel move was to fire the S&C coach (think it was a matter of days). Butch needs to do the same.

Would like the guy in your footnote... is he available?

people that r saying ten wins r mostly the ones who didnt want him because one they want to turn on him as fast as they can. two they want to be right for once because lawd knows they were wrong about us not getting butch back. miami finally listened to the majority of its fanbase all year

No ppl are saying 10wins because ppl like you have painted this man as some kind of God

If everyone comes back but Burns I see no reason why we cant win 10 games. We have 3 gimmies in FAMU FAU and App State. So he is already 3-0 out the gate.

Now everything changes if somehow we lose guys like Coley, AQM, Burns, Elder, and Grace. (could happen. You never know with these kids) At that point, I think 8-4 is more realistic.

But I do predict we finish with a top 5 recruiting class this year.

Advertisement
I love it. I love the Butch fan boys backing off their fervent support now that Butch has to put up.

This group went from saying "pass" on guys like Chip, Gundy, and Mullen because "Butch da GAWD" had no equal outside of Saban and Meyer, but now they're sweating when we expect da GAWD to win his division with a stud QB and a loaded defense.

Coward *** nlggas.
It's so pathetic.

10 wins or he is just as worthless as the last three.

No one is saying that he needs to compete for or win a national title next year. Our roster obviously isn't suited for that yet. But 10 wins and winning the worst division in CFB? We have the horses for that. Like WTH said, if Butch is apparently on the level of all of these elite coaches, then he should act like one and produce the results.

I love it. I love the Butch fan boys backing off their fervent support now that Butch has to put up.

This group went from saying "pass" on guys like Chip, Gundy, and Mullen because "Butch da GAWD" had no equal outside of Saban and Meyer, but now they're sweating when we expect da GAWD to win his division with a stud QB and a loaded defense.

Coward *** nlggas.
It's so pathetic.

No one is saying that he needs to compete for or win a national title next year. Our roster obviously isn't suited for that yet. But 10 wins and winning the worst division in CFB? We have the horses for that. Like WTH said, if Butch is apparently on the level of all of these elite coaches, then he should act like one and produce the results.

10 wins during the regular season?

Coward *** nlggas.
It's so pathetic.

Absolutely. ND, UNC, and FSU are the toughest games.

Not acceptable to drop all 3

Coward *** nlggas.
It's so pathetic.

If he is the new HC, I withhold my applause and/or vomit until a staff is selected.

Advertisement
Spy on Dalvin Cook. Hit him every play including water breaks. That's how we beat FSU.

Agreed, that's how we should've beat them this year. Everyone on the field knew he was getting the ball and we still seemed surprised.

I think it'll be 10 wins, including a bowl win. ACCCG certainly a possibility. I'm not sure we win the ACC out of the gate, but it's probably a coin flip type of proposition.

I think it'll be 10 wins, including a bowl win. ACCCG certainly a possibility. I'm not sure we win the ACC out of the gate, but it's probably a coin flip type of proposition.

I agree.

We probably won't win the ACC out of the gate, and that's okay. I think THAT is unrealistic, because we don't have the talent. But our division is dog **** and we won 8 games this year when we fired our head coach halfway through the season. We have a veteran QB, some good RBs, and other sufficient talent if they decide to stay (why wouldn't they, with a Cane legend like Butch at the helm?).

Anyone who doesn't think we should win 10 and make the ACCCG is preemptively making excuses. Asking Butch to win 2 more games is not some ridiculous task.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The expectation for whoever we hire should be 10 wins. Look at the schedule and go game by game. You'll have a hard time finding 3 losses. I refuse to lower my standards and continue to allow losses to Coastal teams. FSU is at home. That leaves ND as a tough road game and what else? The second loss would actually be upsetting knowing we go into all those games more talented than an opponent. Coaching has held us back in the past but the right hire means coaching shouldn't continue to be the problem.

The expectation for whoever we hire should be 10 wins. Look at the schedule and go game by game. You'll have a hard time finding 3 losses. I refuse to lower my standards and continue to allow losses to Coastal teams. FSU is at home. That leaves ND as a tough road game and what else? The second loss would actually be upsetting knowing we go into all those games more talented than an opponent. Coaching has held us back in the past but the right hire means coaching shouldn't continue to be the problem.
Spot on.

UNC, ND, and FSU are the "tough" games and it would be absolutely unacceptable to drop all three of those games. A legit coach would not lose all three, first year or not. And like you said, when you look at the rest of the schedule, we should win all of those games.

Coward *** nlggas.
It's so pathetic.

Take UNC off that list. It will be a home game and they will have a new QB. Unacceptable loss. FSU is also at home. Coach needs to win that out of the gate and stop the trend.

Advertisement
Spot on.

UNC, ND, and FSU are the "tough" games and it would be absolutely unacceptable to drop all three of those games. A legit coach would not lose all three, first year or not. And like you said, when you look at the rest of the schedule, we should win all of those games.

Looking at the schedule and 11-1 is what it should be. I do understand a team catches you off guard though and may get you so 10-2 is ok for the first year. That's an ACC Championship game guarantee.

LOL so two of the biggest Butch cultists, CaneIntheTaint and Dsuckertitles, who were spouting off about how Butch is the GOAT, now want to lower the bar on expectations. B/c their obsession with a 64 year old man they never met is stronger than their love for the Canes. Very very odd people.

Completely agree.. Especially since FSU will be down and no Clemson

Why is FSU expected to be down? I've read otherwise. And if so, Clemson would repeat in the Atlantic. Winning the Coastal means a rematch post 58-0. The returning players would probably want to hug Clemson rather than shake hands.

Clemson and FSU will be very good next year. Looking at returning roster, I expect FSU to be much better than this year, and going forward, they are as stacked as anyone outside of Bama. Clemson has a ton of young talent, and they will be as good or better next year with Watson returning for his last year there. And Dabo has been able to really recruit up there, so if they gat another good QB, they will be good for a long time also. Those 2 will play for the right to go to College Football Playoffs..

Add in a top 5 recruiting class. If he's half the coach people have built him up to be, he should have no problem. And I will be the first to get a banner going when he doesn't.

Fire up the cesna! Butch has won 11 games once in his head coaching career and EVERYTHING else was 9 and below. This retarded fanbase will get what they want.

Advertisement
Back