Y'all shut the Fvck up!

what is your view of a successful Miami Hurricanes football season?
It changes each year depending on the context surrounding the program.

For example:
Year​
My Personal Expectation​
Reality​
2015Win the Coastal DivisionPlaced 3rd in Coastal Division
2016*Rebuild the team while staying above .500Considered rebuild success, >.500 success.
2017Win the Coastal DivisionWon the Coastal Division
2018Win the ConferencePlaced 3rd in Coastal Division
2019*Rebuild the team while staying above .500(outcome pending)
* New Head Coach

Of course I want more wins than simply staying at or above .500 wins would get you but it's a coaches first year. Nobody--Idgaf who your favorite coach may be--is coming into Miami and fixing all it's problems in one season and making us a Top 4 team. It's not how teams in the modern era dominate. Although Richt missed the mark in his third season here I never once considered jumping on the "Fire Richt" wagon. I wanted his son gone, I wanted him to hire a proven OC, but I didn't want Richt to leave. Perhaps I was so amped up from the 2017 season that I figured Richt should get more time.

Follow the pattern; in 2020 I will have an expectation that the Canes win their division. I will be more vocal about Manny/Enos/Baker and the things they do that I disagree with as time goes one. I want a divisional championship minimum by year two but in reality Manny probably gets to year 3/4ish without one and still survives. Despite the loud-mouths making a thread every few minutes here they are a minority (probably trolls from another team). There is no appetite to can Manny at this time.

Advertisement
That’s because most of the guys on here have no connection to UM other than becoming fans when we were dominating. They’re only fans of winning and can’t take any enjoy in anything other than a NC. That’s what causes all this misery here.

If they felt a real connection to the university like some of the local diehards and alumni and guys who grew up with the program they’d find some way to enjoy some of these good moments along the way.

But instead of having fun with a blowout and enjoying watching the young guys play and N’Kosi get rewarded with playing time for being a great teammate, they have to defend their agendas and remind us it’s only Bethune-Cookman. Well, no ****, motherfckers. We know that. We also know all the coaches are still on death watch and all that too.

But, goddamit, I get 12 or 13 of these precious days per year, and I’m going to milk as much enjoyment out of them as I can.

It's funny, but I look back at the Butch years(before 2000) and I actually look back with fondness to a certain degree, believe it or not. Because for the first decade as a fan, I saw nothing but national championship caliber football, for the most part. And when the good times came back, I appreciated it more.

Many of us fans have actually gone through 1997, the 47-0 loss at FSU, stuff of that nature, and seen the program go back to great heights. So Im not as alarmist or fatalistic about this stuff. Ive seen other programs like USC go through a similar stretch before Pete Carroll. I dont think Miami is doomed for eternal mediocrity but it's still frustrating to go through this stretch, but guess what, that' part of being a fan. I knew what I was signing up for

I dont regret any game I go to, I made the decision, I know what Im getting into. The season opener this year, still glad I got to experience it. It's part of the journey. Hey, I want to Butch's first game in Pasadena and we got skunked by Ucla, and you realized he had some rebuilding to do. Over time, as you look back, you laugh at the blowout losses, actually

But Im with you, I only get 12, 13 games a year, I dont care what the UM record is, Im watching every single game(not always live as I got fights to cover, but there's no way Im not watching these games that I looked forward to the whole year.

Still plenty of ball to be played in 2019, lets see where this things go. Hey, Im a hopeless optimist -- till Im not

It changes each year depending on the context surrounding the program.

For example:
Year​
My Personal Expectation​
Reality​
2015Win the Coastal DivisionPlaced 3rd in Coastal Division
2016*Rebuild the team while staying above .500Considered rebuild success, >.500 success.
2017Win the Coastal DivisionWon the Coastal Division
2018Win the ConferencePlaced 3rd in Coastal Division
2019*Rebuild the team while staying above .500(outcome pending)
* New Head Coach

Of course I want more wins than simply staying at or above .500 wins would get you but it's a coaches first year. Nobody--Idgaf who your favorite coach may be--is coming into Miami and fixing all it's problems in one season and making us a Top 4 team. It's not how teams in the modern era dominate. Although Richt missed the mark in his third season here I never once considered jumping on the "Fire Richt" wagon. I wanted his son gone, I wanted him to hire a proven OC, but I didn't want Richt to leave. Perhaps I was so amped up from the 2017 season that I figured Richt should get more time.

Follow the pattern; in 2020 I will have an expectation that the Canes win their division. I will be more vocal about Manny/Enos/Baker and the things they do that I disagree with as time goes one. I want a divisional championship minimum by year two but in reality Manny probably gets to year 3/4ish without one and still survives. Despite the loud-mouths making a thread every few minutes here they are a minority (probably trolls from another team). There is no appetite to can Manny at this time.

fair enough.

good on you...one of the few who can offer what they are thinking/expecting...

several others could take a cue from you...

Advertisement
Back