Y'all shut the Fvck up!

Advertisement
It was Bethune Cookman...

The board isn't going to STFU until we beat UVA & FSU this year, and even then they still won't STFU.

It just is what it is, they're going to want to burn the house down every single season until we win the ACC & compete for the playoffs & trust me, even then they would still find things to bhitch about.

As predicted; we go 0-2, beat BCU and we’re “back.” Lol. We’ll win next week against another G5 program, and we’ll be REALLY back.

Let’s beat a P5 team, first, pls. Fact is, we r still struggling on 3rd downs against even inferior teams. I’ll always take a W, but pls let’s temper our expectations until we get back on the field against a real opponent. The DL still don’t look right to me; we had to blitz DBs & S to get pressure against BCU, which is no good.

My hope is we get comfortable w the game plans and ride this out to a Coastal, but even in this 63-0 victory, there were a lot of flaws we gotta clean up.

I think this DL just needs nasty Nesta back. But I saw us be dominant physically which is nice. I would’ve like more pass rush but we had some good DT play.
OL did what it should. I felt like the game plan was vanilla for the most part. Nothing too exotic. Got lots of young guys some looks early.
Negatives:
Bit of a slow start and Baxa being baxa it was a good day.

Advertisement

The board isn't going to STFU until we beat UVA & FSU this year, and even then they still won't STFU.

It just is what it is, they're going to want to burn the house down every single season until we win the ACC & compete for the playoffs & trust me, even then they would still find things to bhitch about.
Correct, *****hing is endemic among some here. And playing the ACC Coastal doesn’t make for good duck taping of yappers. I just would like to take each remaining game for what they are and see improvement and cohesion with the team. Don’t get me wrong I’m always willing to fly a banner when it’s inevitable.

Yep LCE, there will be downers galore on here until #6 so in the interim - I’m happy for the guys getting to see what an explosive offense finally looks like. Were there issues even with the 63pt victory? Yeah, but the kids get to build some momentum now that they’ve seen and felt a W, instead of getting close but no cigars. Defensively rell is right, the DL doesn’t look right. Rousseau and Hill looked better than Patchan and Garvin to me, perhaps there could be a change in DE’s moving forward? Secondary looked much better but hard to distinguish if they improved as much as we want or if some of it was the accuracy issues by BC’s QB. But to hold anyone to just 1 trip past the 50yd line and 0 points has to be given some love for blanketing Bethune-Cookman. Hedley is really settling in as a nice punter, I’m not sure what’s wrong with Bubba other than he’s shook from all the misses. I thought Enos called a better game as did Baker. Would still like to see continual improvements each week as we progress into the season but all in all...it’s really hard to ***** about the win and how well the team fought throughout the game. If that doesn’t get one happy for a W, then how can they be Canes fans?

Its true lol. Me, personally I just want the program to be relevant again. 8-9 wins on average.

Advertisement

What was once an excellent canes website is now dominated by a bunch of crybabies. If you think this is bad take a look at the game day forum where the sky is falling/shut down the program/everyone sucks on any play where we don’t score a TD! It is a perfect microcosm of the fans that permeate this website. I barely read any comments save for some trusted threads because I know what is coming. I am actually very encouraged both by the team, the youth promise on it, and the coaches on the team. WR’s look awesome, OL freshman are stepping in nicely, QB is fantastic, Brooks is our next great LB, 15 is an absolute monster. We lost two games because of special teams and because we are young.

Yesterday was but a glimpse of the past. There was a time when the Canes dominated almost everyone. They were all virtual Bethune Cookmans.

Now someone should tell the BOT that we played and won a game.

Advertisement

I have a hard time beating up on the fan base too much.

The endless string of underinvestment and lazy decision making by an incompetent AD, the crippling extensions, the reactive and dated approach to everything...

It literally destroyed the marquee college football program, and one of the most powerful brands in sports. What made it especially vitriolic is that every concern the fans had were completely validated.

Yet, every time there was a whiff of success, the slurpers were out and being equally obnoxious and trying to throw it in everyone's face. So, when that too crumbled, it made for even more over the top and acidic responses.

As predicted; we go 0-2, beat BCU and we’re “back.” Lol. We’ll win next week against another G5 program, and we’ll be REALLY back.

Let’s beat a P5 team, first, pls. Fact is, we r still struggling on 3rd downs against even inferior teams. I’ll always take a W, but pls let’s temper our expectations until we get back on the field against a real opponent. The DL still don’t look right to me; we had to blitz DBs & S to get pressure against BCU, which is no good.

My hope is we get comfortable w the game plans and ride this out to a Coastal, but even in this 63-0 victory, there were a lot of flaws we gotta clean up.

Why is it so hard for them to understand RR?

WHY!?

Advertisement
folks should be happy we got our young players and 2nd string some more experience. With the exception of baxa this W should help the confidence and energy of the team. Fans should celebrate the win for being a win, its obviously nothing greater beating bethune, and we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

folks should be happy we got our young players and 2nd string some more experience. With the exception of baxa this W should help the confidence and energy of the team. Fans should celebrate the win for being a win, its obviously nothing greater beating bethune, and we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

Only 2 negatives were the DL and Baxa. Need a new DL coach after this season. We need to be recruiting a kicker ASAP this cycle.

Advertisement
Back