Yale/NBA cheap and fast saliva test.

Advertisement
"My goal is not to test athletes," Grubaugh said. "That's not my target population. My target population is everybody. There were concerns about partnering with the NBA when all these other people need testing. But the simple answer ended up being the NBA was going to do all this testing anyway, so why not partner with them and try to create something for everyone?"

"My goal is not to test athletes," Grubaugh said. "That's not my target population. My target population is everybody. There were concerns about partnering with the NBA when all these other people need testing. But the simple answer ended up being the NBA was going to do all this testing anyway, so why not partner with them and try to create something for everyone?"
Who cares what his goal is if the net result is that we get football?

Who cares what his goal is if the net result is that we get football?
Disagree. We all ought to care IF we get football.

Here’s why: the general public doesn’t have a big target — called football (sports?) — to complain about when football tests are coming back in hours and their tests are coming back in a week. A”tiered-system” (which honestly exists in every other facet of American society) where athletes and the well-connected get immediate tests and ”the rabble” get something … useless = backlash.

Best news I’ve heard in awhile. Felt good reading about it this morning, gave me real hope and belief that football happens.

My 16 yr old son tested positive last week (from football practice), was a minor cold to him. He and fam are all negative now.

Rapid, widely available testing is best thing next to vaccine.

Advertisement
Best news I’ve heard in awhile. Felt good reading about it this morning, gave me real hope and belief that football happens.

My 16 yr old son tested positive last week (from football practice), was a minor cold to him. He and fam are all negative now.

Rapid, widely available testing is best thing next to vaccine.
It actually might be equivalent or even better than a vaccine if you believe some of the polling about the amount of geniuses in this country that won't take a vaccine.

Disagree. We all ought to care IF we get football.

Here’s why: the general public doesn’t have a big target — called football (sports?) — to complain about when football tests are coming back in hours and their tests are coming back in a week. A”tiered-system” (which honestly exists in every other facet of American society) where athletes and the well-connected get immediate tests and ”the rabble” get something … useless = backlash.
But rapid tests have been around and testing time has always been dependent on lab workload.

Advertisement
But rapid tests have been around and testing time has always been dependent on lab workload.
People (Most/many?) don’t see reality, they see their version of reality, unfortunately.

Athletes will be getting rapid results tests. General public will have “access” to it … but in reality due to funding cuts and lab loads (a restriction that sports teams won’t have) they’ll continue to wait a lot longer, which jeopardizes businesses/workers, customers/patrons, etc.

I’ve been saying it for months, and now much of this board and the society has caught up … o-p-t-I-c-s.

People (Most/many?) don’t see reality, they see their version of reality, unfortunately.

Athletes will be getting rapid results tests. General public will have “access” to it … but in reality due to funding cuts and lab loads (a restriction that sports teams won’t have) they’ll continue to wait a lot longer, which jeopardizes businesses/workers, customers/patrons, etc.

I’ve been saying it for months, and now much of this board and the society has caught up … o-p-t-I-c-s.
Has there been a lot of anger about the athletes in the NBA/NHL/MLB getting tested?

Has there been a lot of anger about the athletes in the NBA/NHL/MLB getting tested?
I have no idea.

And…They’re paid...college sports, are more revered than pro, imo. But they’re also more accessible because they’re student-athletes; they‘re supposed to be like the rest of the student athletes. And, when there’s an outbreak on acampus — and there will be — the parents of those affected will say, “why are football players being tested 1x-3x/wk and the student-body are not being tested/protected”…it WILL be an overreacation, but that **** makes the news.

That is what the college presidents don’t want. It’s not about playing football.

I have no idea.

And…They’re paid...college sports, are more revered than pro, imo. But they’re also more accessible because they’re student-athletes; they‘re supposed to be like the rest of the student athletes. And, when there’s an outbreak on acampus — and there will be — the parents of those affected will say, “why are football players being tested 1x-3x/wk and the student-body are not being tested/protected”…it WILL be an overreacation, but that **** makes the news.

That is what the college presidents don’t want. It’s not about playing football.
I don't think it's going to be an issue. It may be, but I don't know that a college president is going to cancel football because of it.

Advertisement
The importance of the study is that you will be able to get quick results for a cheaper price making it more readily available.

The Key of this story is....

The Doctors at Yale stated they will make the test available so that other producers could create a “mimick” version so that more test would be readily available everywhere. Example: University of Miami could look at makeup of test, create their own and make it available for all students and staff.

A few companies and universities have a Saliva test with results in 15 minutes under 15$ that should be released in the next few weeks. That’s the game changer. If you don’t have to take it to a lab and can get results in minutes... we all win together

Advertisement
Still, someone should swab your cheek and send it in to analyze your breed composition. You look awfully mutty to me. The best kind in my personal opinion.

http://m.bestreviews.com/best-dog-dna-tests
Already done, friend. On the one side one of my parents was the product of a golden retriever/Pitt bull mix and a boxer/bulldog mix. The other was a product of a Lab/Chow mix and a Boston Terrier. I had always believed that I was a Lab mix but it turned out I got a lot of different blood lines. I was disappointed to learn I wasn't mostly Lab. But eye no what is most important is knot your breed or the color of one's fur, but the content of one's character and how one behaves, both on and off leash.

I wonder what happened to take our country from celebrating Salk as a hero to anti everything scientific.
I was 10 when the Salk polio vaccine became available. There was no debate or questioning that ALL kids would get it ASAP! We did, and polio was pretty much eradicated.

If any parents objected (which I don't think happened), I believe they would've been rolled over by the powers-that-be like a lump of dirt under a steamroller. In the name of science and for the general good!

I wonder what happened to take our country from celebrating Salk as a hero to anti everything scientific.
A big part of it is that people are constantly being sold something in the name of science. The entire anti-vax movement is based on a study published in The Lancet in 1997. It was proven inaccurate but people just say it's because "they" didn't want the public to know.

Advertisement
Back