Yahoo Sports Does a Hit Job on Manny Diaz!

Winning is certainly beneficial but it isn't going to cure the bag$ syndrome. The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits looking bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years.

Had we had this strategy in place Josh "******* clown" Jobe, Marcus Crowley, and countless others would have been dropped long before they clowned us (further devaluing a UM offer) and would have allowed us to firmly move forward with plan B guys instead of waiting on these committed a-holes to pull the rug out from under us and leave us with plan C or D guys.

There are numerous reasons beyond bags that recruits choose to go elsewhere. Really presumptuous to think the only reason someone chooses to go elsewhere is because they are being paid

IF you really don't want your feelings hurt during the recruiting process just don't send out your offers until a day or two before NSD

See where that gets you ......especially IF you think EVERYONE wants to be a Cane so bad.

Start winning every year .....and get off your *** and hit the recruiting trail at every opportunity just like every other good coach does.

Any coach that cannot recruit is doomed

Advertisement
There are numerous reasons beyond bags that recruits choose to go elsewhere. Really presumptuous to think the only reason someone chooses to go elsewhere is because they are being paid

IF you really don't want your feelings hurt during the recruiting process just don't send out your offers until a day or two before NSD

See where that gets you ......especially IF you think EVERYONE wants to be a Cane so bad.

Start winning every year .....and get off your *** and hit the recruiting trail at every opportunity just like every other good coach does.

Any coach that cannot recruit is doomed

I didn't say the "only reason someone chooses to go elsewhere is because they are being paid"?

My exact quote was "The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits looking for bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years."

Kids can choose whatever school they want and for whatever reasons but that shouldn't prevent us from trying different strategies to weed out those that have intentions of playing the clown game. I think its genius that players now need a parent to acknowledge that they are making a serious commitment and its not to be taken lightly. Anything UM can do to minimize the clown factor is good news to me.

I didn't say the "only reason someone chooses to go elsewhere is because they are being paid"?

My exact quote was "The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits looking for bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years."

Kids can choose whatever school they want and for whatever reasons but that shouldn't prevent us from trying different strategies to weed out those that have intentions of playing the clown game. I think its genius that players now need a parent to acknowledge that they are making a serious commitment and its not to be taken lightly. Anything UM can do to minimize the clown factor is good news to me.

This isn't a situation where only one side is looking out for their best interest.

Whatever "strategy" you have ALL good coaches should prepare for the unexpected only the dummies stand pat and get complacent thinking it's all over because someone "committed" to them.

If we believe so strongly in commitments then we should stop trying to recruit players that are already committed......but that will never happen.

So stop complaining when your committed players are still being recruited. It's up to you to keep them until they sign. Otherwise recruit players no one else wants

Anything else just comes across as insecure and needy. Manny isn't going to change the game.

The solution is simple....He needs to present a winning program & instead of blaming recruits for having choices .....and become a better recruiter

I blame social media. It's humiliating to have one of your commits bragging about their visit to Bugpimple U replete with pictures of them in hats, shirts, etc. posting coy remarks like they're changing their mind.Do that before you commit.

Ehh...it makes for clicks. These articles suck and it's just another excuse to **** on Miami. Everyone who knows about the team knew that Manny wanted this job and he just took advantage when the opportunity presented itself. This recruiting stance is just another page in the CMD bible that he's been preaching from since he got here. The guy loves Miami, loves what Miami was (what we talk about), is working towards steering the program towards that and this is just another part of that.

Where are the Taggart articles? Hasn't he coached in like 3 schools in 5 years??? Not to mention all other coaches that up and leave whenever they want....I'm sure they pressure kids to cancel visits etc. but Manny comes clean about his expectations to a program - I believe - he genuinely loves.

Miami vs. Everyone

Advertisement
Terrible article. However, I think Diaz is overplaying his hand with this recruiting strategy. But maybe it's time to try something different. I wont criticize this until he has a recruiting class or so. Gameday coaching I can criticize right now.

This isn't a situation where only one side is looking out for their best interest.

Whatever "strategy" you have ALL good coaches should prepare for the unexpected only the dummies stand pat and get complacent thinking it's all over because someone "committed" to them.

If we believe so strongly in commitments then we should stop trying to recruit players that are already committed......but that will never happen.

So stop complaining when your committed players are still being recruited. It's up to you to keep them until they sign. Otherwise recruit players no one else wants

Anything else just comes across as insecure and needy. Manny isn't going to change the game.

The solution is simple....He needs to present a winning program & instead of blaming recruits for having choices .....and become a better recruiter

That was a whole lot of nothing as you pivot from the original topic.

That was a whole lot of nothing as you pivot from the original topic.

Sorry my bad...I didn't know that reading comprehension was so difficult for you.

We obviously disagree. I'm realistic, and you seem to think we can develop something...loyalty oaths, moats, ankle monitors, balls and chains, increased police patrols or mind reading techniques or other similarly stupid ideas. to reduce decommits......because your feelings are hurt

I'll make it simple for you.

Want fewer decommits? As I've said repeatedly ...Win more...stop crying, work harder recruiting, improve the program

A loyalty oaths means as much to a recruit as his commitment to Temple did....So stop looking for a quick fix hoping that you can force recruits to stay committed.

END OF DISCUSSION BYE

Advertisement
Not hit job at all. VERY accurate actually.

It isn't anti-Manolo as much as a commentary on coach vs student-athlete mobility.

Coaches have benefit of full and unrestricted movement, student-athletes (unlike regular students) do not.

Incredibly discriminatory.

it's a hit job to single out Diaz. Even a Gator like yourself should realize that.

Chris Beard leaves UNLV after 2 weeks for Texas Tech. Where is the article on that?

Dabo drops kids if they take a single visit, so why single out Diaz?

It isn't anti-Manolo as much as a. commentary on coach vs student-athlete mobility.

Coaches have benefit of unretric
it's a hit job to single out Diaz. Even a Gator like yourself should realize that.

Chris Beard leaves UNLV after 2 weeks for Texas Tech. Where is the article on that?

Dabo drops kids if they take a single visit, so why single out Diaz?

Gator like myself?

ok.

My UM degrees, yes plural, say hi.

Sorry my bad...I didn't know that reading comprehension was so difficult for you.

We obviously disagree. I'm realistic, and you seem to think we can develop something...loyalty oaths, moats, ankle monitors, balls and chains, increased police patrols or mind reading techniques or other similarly stupid ideas. to reduce decommits......because your feelings are hurt

I'll make it simple for you.

Want fewer decommits? As I've said repeatedly ...Win more...stop crying, work harder recruiting, improve the program

A loyalty oaths means as much to a recruit as his commitment to Temple did....So stop looking for a quick fix hoping that you can force recruits to stay committed.

END OF DISCUSSION BYE

You are the one with the reading comprehension problem.

Nowhere did I say anything other than what was done previously did not work so why not give a new approach a try.

All the other garbage you posted was whipped up in your head b/c your talking points have nothing to do with my posts.

You're on ignore now clown.

At least Manny didn't say Miami was his dream school and NOT come.
I agree it's more about players but there are a lot of players that dont want to wait to play anymore unless you are having crazy success like bama and Clemson are now. And BTW Temple is a stepping stone, not a destination.

he got paid more to come here over Temple.

Advertisement
Manny is a Miami guy and his loyalty is for Miami. He is demanding the same from the local guys.

The last “ loyalty” recruit was Duke Johnson....since meh...
Not many Duke’s left out there.

Advertisement
The important fact is the the Article should say:
"Commits do change their minds when bags come calling. "
Miami 's Diaz is saying : "If you want to go bagging then do not waste our time."

Let's see if they have the guts to write an article on that..........
To compare Coaches and their movements is stupid......why?
Because for the Coach it is a JOB, where you earn MONEY........recruits get a scholarship worth hundreds of thousands for free. Hello Bar Milo.
who does not want to move up and be successful for a better job?.
Which of those journalist in Manny's position would have turned down the Miami dream job.......because it is/ was hypocritical to Temple?...99.995% would have done what Manny did.
The writer is a jerk, because the converse is that some recruits play around with their commitments,( using Miami to get more offers) , and in playing around affect teams, Coaches, and conferences.
Win or lose your job for Coaches......livelihood is affected.
Recruit loses his playing time....ride the pine, and get a degree anyway. Hello Bar Milo.
Article is slanted, and probably written by a Gator or worse........ Manny is right.....on board or not, we r done playing games.
With Manny as our head coach, we might be done WINNING games- at least against teams with a pulse

It isn't anti-Manolo as much as a. commentary on coach vs student-athlete mobility.

Coaches have benefit of unretric

Gator like myself?

ok.

My UM degrees, yes plural, say hi.

Want to know an easy trick to figure out when you have won a debate? Once the other porster starts referring to you as a Gator troll as their main point of their argument.

Want to know an easy trick to figure out when you have won a debate? Once the other porster starts referring to you as a Gator troll as their main point of their argument.

It's one of their many superpowers.

Just because some of us can cast a critical eye towards our Canes, we somehow are "other x fanbase trolls".

Maybe, just maybe, it's because we're passionate about the program (probably in an unhealthy way) and want to see these student-athletes succeed. Want to see the coaches lead the team to championships.

If that makes me a troll--I'm good.

MfIGtdhq6Q9aM.gif

Advertisement
Back