Yahoo Sports Does a Hit Job on Manny Diaz!

You do realize we've lead the country in decommitments for years running even when we were winning under Richt right? I guess we should just operate business as usual and not try to change that?

I wrote that

And YES I do know we're up there.

And NO I gave you a rational Rx for that problem.....People rarely leave for something worse.....So get better.

So start WINNING BIGTIME.....that will definitely make us more attractive, above and beyond what we already have to offer.

NO business as usual....start WINNING BIGTIME and they'll be beating a path to our door as they did in our past. Then they'll WANT TO BE CANES.

Anything else ,without the winning, reeks of being a puzzy without the chops who feels entitled and one who fears comparison. Not a good look

Last edited:
Advertisement
More fallout. Hopefully this dies soon

You do realize we've lead the country in decommitments for years running even when we were winning under Richt right? I guess we should just operate business as usual and not try to change that?

Guess you didn't see what I did there?

The important fact is the the Article should say:
"Commits do change their minds when bags come calling. "
Miami 's Diaz is saying : "If you want to go bagging then do not waste our time."

Let's see if they have the guts to write an article on that..........
To compare Coaches and their movements is stupid......why?
Because for the Coach it is a JOB, where you earn MONEY........recruits get a scholarship worth hundreds of thousands for free. Hello Bar Milo.
who does not want to move up and be successful for a better job?.
Which of those journalist in Manny's position would have turned down the Miami dream job.......because it is/ was hypocritical to Temple?...99.995% would have done what Manny did.
The writer is a jerk, because the converse is that some recruits play around with their commitments,( using Miami to get more offers) , and in playing around affect teams, Coaches, and conferences.
Win or lose your job for Coaches......livelihood is affected.
Recruit loses his playing time....ride the pine, and get a degree anyway. Hello Bar Milo.
Article is slanted, and probably written by a Gator or worse........ Manny is right.....on board or not, we r done playing games.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wrote that

And YES I do know we're up there.

And NO I gave you a rational Rx for that problem.....People rarely leave for something worse.....So get better.

So start WINNING BIGTIME.....that will definitely make us more attractive, above and beyond what we already have to offer.

NO business as usual....start WINNING BIGTIME and they'll be beating a path to our door as they did in our past. Then they'll WANT TO BE CANES.

Anything else ,without the winning, reeks of being a puzzy without the chops who feels entitled and one who fears comparison. Not a good look

Winning is certainly beneficial but it isn't going to cure the bag$ syndrome. The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits and looking for bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years.

Had we had this strategy in place Josh "******* clown" Jobe, Marcus Crowley, and countless others would have been dropped long before they clowned us (further devaluing a UM offer) and would have allowed us to firmly move forward with plan B guys instead of waiting on these committed a-holes to pull the rug out from under us and leave us with plan C or D guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At least Manny didn't say Miami was his dream school and NOT come.
I agree it's more about players but there are a lot of players that dont want to wait to play anymore unless you are having crazy success like bama and Clemson are now. And BTW Temple is a stepping stone, not a destination.

Winning is certainly beneficial but it isn't going to cure the bag$ syndrome. The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits looking bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years.

Had we had this strategy in place Josh "******* clown" Jobe, Marcus Crowley, and countless others would have been dropped long before they clowned us (further devaluing a UM offer) and would have allowed us to firmly move forward with plan B guys instead of waiting on these committed a-holes to pull the rug out from under us and leave us with plan C or D guys.
Exactly..............how many times can we be part of the clown show, and not do anything about it?.
Well Manny has said enough already, and stated, for all to see, the parameters that we will be using to select future Canes. It has to be mutual. If not keep looking.
Totally agree.

Winning is certainly beneficial but it isn't going to cure the bag$ syndrome. The main point of this new strategy is that it will remove the grey area of highly ranked kids committed to Miami but still making visits and looking for bag$. No system is perfect and kids can still decommit last second but this removes a good percentage of the clown factor that we've been dealing with the last 10 years.

Jaiden Francois is going to be the next *******.

Committed. Decommitted. Committed. Now looking around begging for offers from Ohio State and whoever else.

He could be the next Jaquan (average athleticism but excellent football IQ and ball skills) but he's playing the clown game.

Kick rocks kid.

Advertisement
Back