Y’all sleeping on pope

Advertisement
Cooney was only hired because of his "connections" in South Florida. Manny believed he was a guy who could help get recruits cause he himself (or his staff) have no (1) connections or (2) people skills to develop any. (DVD is actually our best recruiter I hear)
Pope and Wiggins were the "prizes" from Southridge aka Cooney's boys. Therefore they get a longer leash than most players.

This isn't actually unbelievable to some of you, is it?
Cause in the world of football politics this type of **** is completely fathomable.

Yall don't ACTUALLY think we play the best players, do yall?
Wtf does Cooney not like us...I mean doesn't he see his own boys are not good

You think a guy who produced first-rounders can't teach catching technique? Listen, that is one of the most uncoachable things in football. You can either catch or you can't.
I might be overreacting but this unit looked bad this year, the worse WR unit at Miami that I can remember. I say give Likens another year at the position but if we get the same garbage next year he has to get reassigned or let go.

Advertisement
You think a guy who produced first-rounders can't teach catching technique? Listen, that is one of the most uncoachable things in football. You can either catch or you can't.

Why do we recruit kids that can't catch, is the question I have. These are South Florida boys, these bum *** coaches live minutes away from them. They should know these kids capabilities a lot better BEFORE they offer that scholly.

There is no excuse for those two to play anymore. None. Even Cooney, a representative for the University of Miami, would be sabotaging his team by playing these Division 3 bums.

they are also afraid to sit kids who threaten to transfer
Oh they definitely are afraid of older guys transferring if the play younger guys.But with the portal and not having to sit down they better start playing guys like Smith and redding or they will leave for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You think they're going to leak things like favoritism to the media? No. They leak it to their friends, family and former coaches though. And Harley basically leaked it if you can read between the lines.
I think a disgruntled player would. I mean someone leaked to the media that Williams missed curfew before the FIU game. I do believe players would say something. Especially with all these anonymous sources. I do believe the coaches believe these guys give us the best chance to win. I just think they're wrong.

Advertisement
Those are Cooney's boys. They get a pass.
And Manny doesn't wanna upset any Dade County guys by benching Pope/Wiggins and/or ruffling Cooney.
He's really doing the team a disservice. Not only with allowing subpar play without accountability this year, but we have very few underclassmen with experience at WR going into next year.

Catching is coachable. Best example is Leonard Hankerson working with Mark Duper his sophomore year and then balling out for his last 2 years and getting drafted. I'm not saying you can take a level 1 receiver to level 10, but there should be at least marginal improvement, which we didn't see this season. There is always room for some improvement, even in the NFL.

It was a crazy, pandemic-plagued season, so I'll cut Likens a break, but I expect significant improvement in the receiving corps next year. Don't tell me there ain't talent on this roster!! And don't tell me we are going to stick with Pope and Wiggins forever because of favoritism when people's jobs and likelihoods are on the line! GO CANES!!

Also, to play devil's advocate...
I don't know how "ready" the younger WR's are as well.

I know Restrepo was killing it in practice all season...(other people's words, not his).. but he admittedly had some scheme/fundamental things to work on. He's worked on those things and was rewarded with a starting role versus UNC but never saw any significant action after that.

I can't really speak for the other young WR's. I don't know much about their development to this point.
I know we're not playing the most "talented" players though.

Whenever I see Smith targeted, he flashes, looks a different speed out there, etc. Heard anything on him in practice? I keep wondering why in the **** he isn't out there more.

Advertisement
Back