Y’all sleeping on pope

So he’d rather lose games? Fire his *** right now. Anyone can see that those two blow and shouldn’t be on the field. Anyone getting upset because they got benched doesn’t care about UM anyway.
I mean, they suck but they're not LOSING us games.
They also don't play THIS BAD every week. It's kinda hard to predict when they'll **** the bed THIS bad.
There's many other reasons why we lost today, starting with the fact that we spotted them 21 points off the bat.

Advertisement
Yes, he's gonna keep svckin' his d!ck because he thinks Cooney has more pull in Dade than he does.
You want the TRUE...
Yes Until we start winning year after year.
Leave the bagman along.
Funny you say that I had Coach Rolle at Gables in ‘93. Cool dude and liked him a lot. Recall he wasn’t a UM fan and liked FSU.
So you had Vinny too? Coach Field ? I use to slap Frank Gore in head everyday.

Brinson is chomping at the bit to take snaps away from Wiggins. Brinson would have taken that dropped screen to the house!

So would 95 percent of the WR's anywhere. The 5 percent accounts for the very rare drop there, but with 6 and 8, add a zero to that 5 and that's their drop rate.

I am having a hard time not hating those two. I don't ever hate Canes, but those m'fers are trying me.

@Liberty City El

You my dawg, but bruh...you owe me an apology. Your boy is a certified bum.

Me in December, a post from the recruiting board

Mark Pope needs to go beg someone to go play DB. You're 6'0", barely 180lbs, and have provided barely register-able contributions to this team so far through the age of 20. Go play DB where what little size you have may be an asset. Walk into whoever coach's office and don't leave until they switch you over.
Dee Wiggins...step up or go play innermurals, brother. There is no reason why a 6-foot-3, nearly 200 human being on a roster of midgets should be WR4.

Respect the **** out of you homie, but your take on Mark Pope is absurd.

He's a good WR, hasn't been given the opportunity to blossom, just watch what he does in a new system.

If you're selling all your stock on him that's fine, I'll buy it for cheap, but he ain't no DB by any stretch of the imagination.

Patience is a virtue, he will be good for us in due time.

Advertisement
Cooney was only hired because of his "connections" in South Florida. Manny believed he was a guy who could help get recruits cause he himself (or his staff) have no (1) connections or (2) people skills to develop any. (DVD is actually our best recruiter I hear)
Pope and Wiggins were the "prizes" from Southridge aka Cooney's boys. Therefore they get a longer leash than most players.

This isn't actually unbelievable to some of you, is it?
Cause in the world of football politics this type of **** is completely fathomable.

Yall don't ACTUALLY think we play the best players, do yall?
Very believable to me.
But basically what you’re saying is that until Miami gets a respected HC this type of BS? If so, I’m out..

Where are all you MFs at?

So many MFs on here been talking this kid up for 3 years.

Why are starting players who can’t block, can’t catch, and can’t break a tackle?

Likens needs to get lost.
Wiggins is worse. How can you tell two kids to get lost or to portal out. They are now a detriment to the team.

I mean, they suck but they're not LOSING us games.
They also don't play THIS BAD every week. It's kinda hard to predict when they'll **** the bed THIS bad.
There's many other reasons why we lost today, starting with the fact that we spotted them 21 points off the bat.
Sorry Coach both them lost us the game ..
Great news every1 coming back next season...

Last edited:
Advertisement
You want the TRUE...
Yes Until we start winning year after year.
Leave the bagman along.

So you had Vinny too? Coach Field ? I use to slap Frank Gore in head everyday.
Coach Field and Ponce came in as WR coach after Rolle left. ****ed me off.

Also, to play devil's advocate...
I don't know how "ready" the younger WR's are as well.

I know Restrepo was killing it in practice all season...(other people's words, not his).. but he admittedly had some scheme/fundamental things to work on. He's worked on those things and was rewarded with a starting role versus UNC but never saw any significant action after that.

I can't really speak for the other young WR's. I don't know much about their development to this point.
I know we're not playing the most "talented" players though.

Those are Cooney's boys. They get a pass.
And Manny doesn't wanna upset any Dade County guys by benching Pope/Wiggins and/or ruffling Cooney.

People can't have it both ways.. You can't say "Miami's gotta recruit better down here," and be upset when Miami plays neighborhood politics like this.

This is the cost of bringing in a class like we are bringing in for '21. Gotta take the **** with the sugar.

The question isn't whether Pope is good its who is worse between he and Wiggins.

Advertisement
Cooney was only hired because of his "connections" in South Florida. Manny believed he was a guy who could help get recruits cause he himself (or his staff) have no (1) connections or (2) people skills to develop any. (DVD is actually our best recruiter I hear)
Pope and Wiggins were the "prizes" from Southridge aka Cooney's boys. Therefore they get a longer leash than most players.

This isn't actually unbelievable to some of you, is it?
Cause in the world of football politics this type of **** is completely fathomable.

Yall don't ACTUALLY think we play the best players, do yall?
At some point one would think Cooney himself would say, "I got the kids into school here. They're gonna get a degree. I got them loads of playing time to prove themselves. They didn't. But I've done my job. I've done right by them" and stop with the foolishness that's keeping the best WRs off the field. But I guess not. smh

Pope and Wiggins are Cooney's boys.
And they get a pass.
It’s obvious that tor some reason they haven’t gotten pulled.
But wtf does cooney have on Manny that he ain’t allowing him to bench those dudes that are not only costing us games but are not allowing the proper in game development of the younger receivers?

Advertisement
Very believable to me.
But basically what you’re saying is that until Miami gets a respected HC this type of BS? If so, I’m out..
But bro...
Other people with more connections than me have been saying these same things since Manny got hired. People just don't like to hear it.

"We're 8-2 bro!"

There's a reason why certain people are always pessimistic about this program regardless of our record, because they know what goes on up top.

Hopefully Cooney's boys get fazed out as more talent emerges and this won't be an issue anymore. At the end of the day though, these type of politics from our HC is a huge red flag.

Also, to play devil's advocate...
I don't know how "ready" the younger WR's are as well.

I know Restrepo was killing it in practice all season...(other people's words, not his).. but he admittedly had some scheme/fundamental things to work on. He's worked on those things and was rewarded with a starting role versus UNC but never saw any significant action after that.

I can't really speak for the other young WR's. I don't know much about their development to this point.
I know we're not playing the most "talented" players though.
Smith got behind clemsons secondary in one play more than any of our vets. Even tonight his one shot he got open and made a great catch ( out of bounds). These guys have had season worth of drops in one game , multiple times. They’re bad dude. Bad!

Smith got behind clemsons secondary in one play more than any of our vets. Even tonight his one shot he got open and made a great catch ( out of bounds). These guys have had season worth of drops in one game , multiple times. They’re bad dude. Bad!
Oh I agree.
Even the players within the program know this.

Advertisement
Back