Y’all seen this yet?

Advertisement
The problem is what he said was the incorrect choice of words to convey what he was trying to say. I wish I knew enough about X's and O's to be a college coach somewhere because I would outrecruit 90% of these fools. Can't name drop the winningest program in the poll era. Yeah no **** we're not Tuscaloosa Rumph.

What he should've said is....

"We're not a small college town. This is a place that you may consider living in full-time after your playing days are over in the NFL, even more so if you play here for the Dolphins. Miami has become one of, if not the, most talked about city in the world and people from out of town are moving here left and right for a reason. The food, the nightlife, the swagger, the females, even the males if you're into that sorta thing. There are much more NIL opportunities here than in small towns. If you become a legend here at Miami, you'll be remembered for life in the city you actually live in and not have to pay for a cafecito or croqueta ever again in your life. What's that? You don't know what cafecito or croquetas are? Oh buddy you'll learn real quick."

Maybe the last part and a couple things can be moved around there but you catch my drift.
No it wasnt

Well, okay then. I’m referring to settling, clearly. And clearly, some do.

Still, Tuscaloosa, or Miami?
Only people who choose to live at or even near there after school are the people who were country bumpkins before they got there as well. It's crazy people trying to argue this. The comment was related to education & Miami itself. Had zero to do with football. Anyone who would simply rather live in Tuscaloosa or something similar opposed to Miami simply isn't people we're recruiting anyhow. This really isn't even a conversation to be had. It's just some clown releasing something and trying to get clicks.

Pass defense was low-key pretty ok with Mike Rumph teaching. Wasn't the best recruiter but he seemed to be a good teacher.. and he Def loves the University for what it has done for him. That part comes off genuine and sometimes it's about planting the idea or seed in the young kids mind so the salesmen can do their pitch.
Cringe to see some folks defending the context of Rumphs sales pitch. I’ve never seen Rumph in action before this…I knew him as a guy who can’t only not coach, but lost high rated recruits who he personally coached in high school, and an article about him attending sports therapy to cope with his multiple misses on recruiting trail. It’s easy to see why he sucks at recruiting in that short clip “it may be great on Saturdays”….yeah, that’s the point. If he didn’t have the credibility of being a good player here and nfl experience, he’d been tossed long ago.

Dee, here’s my ?, was it necessary to even mention Bama at all? Regardless of the snippet, my issue is if Bama wasn’t brought up, then y mention them?

I sell for a living, and I also consult. Recruiting & selling r one and the same. If there’s an obstacle, whether that’s a price point, claims review, etc. I’m not focusing on what the other guys r doing, I’m not even mentioning them, b/c if u’re in my chair, my job is not to compare & contrast, but to show u what my company’s product offer & why choosing me as ur agent is the best decision ever. 7/10 it worked; now if I choose to say “well, yeah company A is cheaper than my product, but if u look at the reviews & see my reviews….” it opens up for scrutiny.

For me, I know Mikey’s ur boy, but I’m not remotely bringing up Bama or any other school, b/c none of them matter. I’m highlighting The U, our brand, our network, our academics, our history, how we changed CFB forever, & what happens when elite kids like urself come here & the exposure u get playing here both short & long term. I’m selling a vision + reality; I’m not remotely tainting that vision mentioning a school that’s been a juggernaut in any capacity, context or not.
I get what ur saying but bama was brought up. The discussion was specifically geared towards kids who were either already committed or where we're their top offers. Bama was mentioned repeatedly by kids and parents because while bamabis talking this nonsense about our nil stuff and bad mouthing us about coaches here who don't want to be or no stability they're not only heavy into the nil game but they're still throwing bags around. The discussion was simply what an education at Miami means for you and building a network and living in this city. That comment was specifically geared towards the Alabama commit at QB. Recruiting isn't about who's nicest and pulls punches. It's about putting yourselfs in the best position possible regardless of how that effects others. We're **** on constantly all around the country. But you don't see anyone fighting for us. Let's all just cut out the victim mentality. We're at war here for the best recruits in the country and people like y'all won't accept us finishing second. Don't make me quote my crazy lil brother Kellen... They don't feel bad for us and we shouldn't feel bad for them.

Advertisement
I get what ur saying but bama was brought up. The discussion was specifically geared towards kids who were either already committed or where we're their top offers. Bama was mentioned repeatedly by kids and parents because while bamabis talking this nonsense about our nil stuff and bad mouthing us about coaches here who don't want to be or no stability they're not only heavy into the nil game but they're still throwing bags around. The discussion was simply what an education at Miami means for you and building a network and living in this city. That comment was specifically geared towards the Alabama commit at QB. Recruiting isn't about who's nicest and pulls punches. It's about putting yourselfs in the best position possible regardless of how that effects others. We're **** on constantly all around the country. But you don't see anyone fighting for us. Let's all just cut out the victim mentality. We're at war here for the best recruits in the country and people like y'all won't accept us finishing second. Don't make me quote my crazy lil brother Kellen... They don't feel bad for us and we shouldn't feel bad for them.

If it was said in response to kids/parents bringing up Bama (and the negative recruiting by Bama), then that's a different thing. At that point, a response must be had. I saw the full video uploaded and they didn't include any questions/comments like that, but it makes more sense that the camera was so quickly on Sayin. If somebody edited out that stuff to make UM (and Rumph) look defensive that's doubly ****ed and that person shouldn't be allowed back on campus.

Context is everything, I see nothing wrong with that Rumph said. Folks took a small bit that again was out of context to the overall message and ran with it for clicks.

Exactly. The comment was more living in Bama / Tuscaloosa for four years. “It’s still Tuscaloosa“. How’s that any worse than all these coaches telling families “ don’t let your kids go to Miami because they’ll get murdered”. I’m amazed at how many people react to article titles or interviews without listening to the actual context before having an opinion.

It’s the definition of ignorant.

Say that again, this time a little louder for the peanut gallery in the back.

Advertisement
Cringe to see some folks defending the context of Rumphs sales pitch. I’ve never seen Rumph in action before this…I knew him as a guy who can’t only not coach, but lost high rated recruits who he personally coached in high school, and an article about him attending sports therapy to cope with his multiple misses on recruiting trail. It’s easy to see why he sucks at recruiting in that short clip “it may be great on Saturdays”….yeah, that’s the point. If he didn’t have the credibility of being a good player here and nfl experience, he’d been tossed long ago.
Rumph can't coach??....Yes he can. Our Secondary was alot better when he was DB coach than the last few yrs.

This is why I stay the **** off of social media. People will take any old innocuous comment and try to make it a controversy. The sad part is there are millions of fools out there who feed into and provide fuel for that nonsense.

Making a simple comment about living in Tuscaloosa versus Miami has supposed Cane fans rustled. Nothing shocks me in this place anymore.

The comment was nothing like the kid is selling. It was something said in passing. He‘s a 16 year kid telling stories to people to get clout with Bama peeps, the same way a kid will go back and tell his gf what all the girls were saying to him when she wasn’t around.

I guess y’all will defend Bama and other Sec schools telling moms “ their sons will get murdered if they go to Miami”. I guess that’s cool with our Bama super fans in this thread. Some of y’all are real sus . Blasting your own over nothing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is why I stay the **** off of social media. People will take any old innocuous comment and try to make it a controversy. The sad part is there are millions of fools out there who feed into and provide fuel for that nonsense.
Exactly. It’s all about drama. This literally a nothing burger that’s made into a huge deal. Imagime if the people hemorrhaging knew what really was being said to recruits and their families by sleaze ball coaches.

Last edited:

This is him referencing what the Sec schools have been saying about UM for years. Coral Gables is safe as **** , hicks in Bama think there’s drive by’s and mugging‘s on every corner lol. Like it’s Overtown or Liberty City. If people knew how many kids we lost out on because their mom was scared her kid would be killed if he came to UM. Mike wasn’t the greatest recruiter but he’s as honest as they come with these kids, too honest, which is bad in the scummy world of CFB. I’ve been posting that for years.

The problem is what he said was the incorrect choice of words to convey what he was trying to say. I wish I knew enough about X's and O's to be a college coach somewhere because I would outrecruit 90% of these fools. Can't name drop the winningest program in the poll era. Yeah no **** we're not Tuscaloosa Rumph.

What he should've said is....

"We're not a small college town. This is a place that you may consider living in full-time after your playing days are over in the NFL, even more so if you play here for the Dolphins. Miami has become one of, if not the, most talked about city in the world and people from out of town are moving here left and right for a reason. The food, the nightlife, the swagger, the females, even the males if you're into that sorta thing. There are much more NIL opportunities here than in small towns. If you become a legend here at Miami, you'll be remembered for life in the city you actually live in and not have to pay for a cafecito or croqueta ever again in your life. What's that? You don't know what cafecito or croquetas are? Oh buddy you'll learn real quick."

Maybe the last part and a couple things can be moved around there but you catch my drift.

huh-wait-what.gif

pause-damedash.gif

dame-dash-igiveup.gif

Advertisement
You don’t have to live there after college. It’s just for college. Arguing about where something is when you have an entire campus is so dumb and a coping mechanism. Nobody cares about “not going back to train at whatever college” either. It’s all BS. It needs to be banned from being said on this board.

As far as people wanting to live in certain states, that’s on them. Everyone has a different opinion of what they want. They probably have a better standard of living, in those small towns, than most do in big cities.
Im sure its a selling point that you can literally work out EVERY off szn with NFL players from your position. Alabama has a million guys in the nfl and if there not from Bama there not going back to that school pass their first year out of college.

We have NFL players from other teams working out with out guys...buddy its a selling point on the u fam.

Im sure its a selling point that you can literally work out EVERY off szn with NFL players from your position. Alabama has a million guys in the nfl and if there not from Bama there not going back to that school pass their first year out of college.

We have NFL players from other teams working out with out guys...buddy its a selling point on the u fam.
Who has it helped land?

I keep hearing about all these “selling points” but none of them have landed Miami anybody.

Dee, here’s my ?, was it necessary to even mention Bama at all? Regardless of the snippet, my issue is if Bama wasn’t brought up, then y mention them?

I sell for a living, and I also consult. Recruiting & selling r one and the same. If there’s an obstacle, whether that’s a price point, claims review, etc. I’m not focusing on what the other guys r doing, I’m not even mentioning them, b/c if u’re in my chair, my job is not to compare & contrast, but to show u what my company’s product offer & why choosing me as ur agent is the best decision ever. 7/10 it worked; now if I choose to say “well, yeah company A is cheaper than my product, but if u look at the reviews & see my reviews….” it opens up for scrutiny.

For me, I know Mikey’s ur boy, but I’m not remotely bringing up Bama or any other school, b/c none of them matter. I’m highlighting The U, our brand, our network, our academics, our history, how we changed CFB forever, & what happens when elite kids like urself come here & the exposure u get playing here both short & long term. I’m selling a vision + reality; I’m not remotely tainting that vision mentioning a school that’s been a juggernaut in any capacity, context or not.

Rumph sucks at recruiting...but Bama was mention as a ploy on their qb commit who was int he clip.

Who has it helped land?

I keep hearing about all these “selling points” but none of them have landed Miami anybody.
You been on the board since 2017...you new to recruiting?. Over the years it has been mentioned ALOT of times with recruits.
Sh8T WE HAD LIKE 3 BIG TIME TE'S IN THE CLASS because we are still trotting out TEU and that ability of our nfl tes, etc.

Advertisement
Back