Y’all seen this yet?

Every recruiting cycle there’s plenty of us on here that say “Why would [insert recruit here] want to live in podunk [insert SEC school town here] when they can live in a city like Miami?!”

Only reason it’s making rounds is because it’s Bama and they have titles to back up their reasoning for living in a **** town. If he would’ve said Gainesville or Knoxville or even Tallahassee this wouldn’t even be a story.

Advertisement
meh. who cares. its too quick of a clip without proper context. the published portion isnt great but no context makes it hard bc he was clearly saying something after it.

also, not like it matters, but for kids, youre only living wherever for a few years. once you make the pros and crush it, you can live anywhere in the country in the offseason. there are no pro teams in college towns outside of GB. kids will go where they can get developed and make the pros. its why kids flock to shocking TUSCALOOSA or ATHENS and not MIAMI. they want to make the league. we should be better w Mario from a development standpoint esp when the average recruit talent increases as hes landing more elite guys from a talent perspective.

Advertisement
Every recruiting cycle there’s plenty of us on here that say “Why would [insert recruit here] want to live in podunk [insert SEC school town here] when they can live in a city like Miami?!”

Only reason it’s making rounds is because it’s Bama and they have titles to back up their reasoning for living in a **** town. If he would’ve said Gainesville or Knoxville or even Tallahassee this wouldn’t even be a story.
they only live there for a few years. they can take their NFL millions and move to miami when they made it lol. lets get back to sending kids to the league like wildfire and well never have this issue again

Cringe to see some folks defending the context of Rumphs sales pitch. I’ve never seen Rumph in action before this…I knew him as a guy who can’t only not coach, but lost high rated recruits who he personally coached in high school, and an article about him attending sports therapy to cope with his multiple misses on recruiting trail. It’s easy to see why he sucks at recruiting in that short clip “it may be great on Saturdays”….yeah, that’s the point. If he didn’t have the credibility of being a good player here and nfl experience, he’d been tossed long ago.

What do you want him to sell? More success on the field than Bama?
How bout just don’t mention Bama. Especially in front of social media personalities with cameras pointed at you…

And he basically said Tues Wed Thurs in Miami is better than Bama on field success which is just not true. And a terrible pitch to recruits in which the majority are probably looking primarily for on field success from their potential suitors…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cringe to see some folks defending the context of Rumphs sales pitch. I’ve never seen Rumph in action before this…I knew him as a guy who can’t only not coach, but lost high rated recruits who he personally coached in high school, and an article about him attending sports therapy to cope with his multiple misses on recruiting trail. It’s easy to see why he sucks at recruiting in that short clip “it may be great on Saturdays”….yeah, that’s the point. If he didn’t have the credibility of being a good player here and nfl experience, he’d been tossed long ago.

Too bad you’re either too stupid or too lazy to watch the entire video to see he was discussing something outside of football

TrumpyCane thinks you should try to put a brain cells together and attempt to watch the whole video

Advertisement
I mean I guess. But some people legit believe that these players are picking a university based on the location.

People out here constantly saying stuff like "do they know it snows in *enter cold weather state*!?!?!?! why would they want to go there!!!!!" or "yeah but can they get croquetas on a Saturday morning after an all nighter at e11even??????"

It is just straight up embarrassing man. Gat dam. Especially after the TNM/Paradise Camp/Turnover Chain ****. They gotta retire that schtick.

Bro, I’ve been one of the main ppl stating how all these things don’t matter. “But, but, but it’s South Fla, bro”, “we, we, we have nice weather, bro”, “the womens, bro.”

None of that chit matters, but now hearing it from a coach/staff member & get flamed for it, it hits differently. That was a HORRIBLE recruiting pitch & we look even more clownish.

If y'all don't have context maybe hold off on judgements. What he was talking about is what the school itself and the city have to offer. Has zero to do with anything but education and the value of our network. Whoever recorded that and released a snippet should be banned from campus.

Dee, here’s my ?, was it necessary to even mention Bama at all? Regardless of the snippet, my issue is if Bama wasn’t brought up, then y mention them?

I sell for a living, and I also consult. Recruiting & selling r one and the same. If there’s an obstacle, whether that’s a price point, claims review, etc. I’m not focusing on what the other guys r doing, I’m not even mentioning them, b/c if u’re in my chair, my job is not to compare & contrast, but to show u what my company’s product offer & why choosing me as ur agent is the best decision ever. 7/10 it worked; now if I choose to say “well, yeah company A is cheaper than my product, but if u look at the reviews & see my reviews….” it opens up for scrutiny.

For me, I know Mikey’s ur boy, but I’m not remotely bringing up Bama or any other school, b/c none of them matter. I’m highlighting The U, our brand, our network, our academics, our history, how we changed CFB forever, & what happens when elite kids like urself come here & the exposure u get playing here both short & long term. I’m selling a vision + reality; I’m not remotely tainting that vision mentioning a school that’s been a juggernaut in any capacity, context or not.

Advertisement
Dee, here’s my ?, was it necessary to even mention Bama at all? Regardless of the snippet, my issue is if Bama wasn’t brought up, then y mention them?

I sell for a living, and I also consult. Recruiting & selling r one and the same. If there’s an obstacle, whether that’s a price point, claims review, etc. I’m not focusing on what the other guys r doing, I’m not even mentioning them, b/c if u’re in my chair, my job is not to compare & contrast, but to show u what my company’s product offer & why choosing me as ur agent is the best decision ever. 7/10 it worked; now if I choose to say “well, yeah company A is cheaper than my product, but if u look at the reviews & see my reviews….” it opens up for scrutiny.

For me, I know Mikey’s ur boy, but I’m not remotely bringing up Bama or any other school, b/c none of them matter. I’m highlighting The U, our brand, our network, our academics, our history, how we changed CFB forever, & what happens when elite kids like urself come here & the exposure u get playing here both short & long term. I’m selling a vision + reality; I’m not remotely tainting that vision mentioning a school that’s been a juggernaut in any capacity, context or not.

Agree w/ all of this. Context matters, but assuming nobody was talking about Bama I'd rather our staff just confidently focus on "why Miami" instead of "why not [insert team]".

Plus, it didn't seem to land too well with Julian Sayin. Between the comment and the camera being on him, it looked to me like Sayin felt put on the spot. And you know his teammates at the event brought it up afterwards, which just gives him an opportunity to put on for Bama. But, if nobody mentions Bama, there's no reason to talk about Bama.

There's a highly sought after prospect in attendance that's committed to Bama but you want him to not mention Tuscaloosa? Should we just not recruit anyone Bama wants?

There's a highly sought after prospect in attendance that's committed to Bama but you want him to not mention Tuscaloosa? Should we just not recruit anyone Bama wants?

Common examples of the strawman argument. It's easy to spot when you hear  it, but it's nice to be able to … | Fallacy examples, Logical fallacies,  Critical thinking

Advertisement
Back