Y’all need to read this!

Part of the problem is that South Florida kids are just too dumb and unmotivated to learn a new way of playing defense.

We should just hire someone who will run a high school system as close as possible to what these Florida kids already know. Kind of like we did for the offense.

Because if you're asking these kids to learn anything new as far as scheme goes, you're asking too much. The key to winning with South Florida kids is to remove as much thinking as possible from the equation and let them just play fast and downhill.

If you're asking these kids to put in the time to learn or understand anything, especially something complicated, you're setting yourself up for failure IMO.

That's why people wanting to hire a coordinator from the NFL are a laugh. These kids wouldn't be able to handle that. We would honestly have the most success by just hiring back Randy Shannon and running a 4-3 cover 2.... truth be told.

Advertisement
The problem has nothing to do with geography.

We lack toughness.
We do not develop our players.
We do not play the best players.
We have an administration that does not prioritize winning.
We have a program that lacks pride and accepts mediocrity.

Our issue has more to do with culture than it does the players who enter the Program.

Advertisement
Right, but it’s been pointed out that locals hold Miami differently. So if Pope gets benched it’s a problem at Miami, but not Bama.... why?? What breaks that?
Because we play into them politics. Win and put people into the league and all that talk shuts up.

our player development ain’t been any good either but that’s another situation. Like why don’t our coaches on defense play to our players strengths? It’s all dumb

I think a lot of our players have talent but most teams have talent. It comes down to how much you’re willing to work so you can get the most out of your talent. Most of the great ones didn’t have more talent than everyone else. What they did do was out work everyone else by more time in the gym, film room on the track etc.. For whatever reason we haven’t had to many of these kinda guys for some time.
And our coaching staff doesn’t seem to push them. So until the mentality changes from top to bottom I think this is what we can expect. I’ll keep rooting for them saying this is the year and hopefully one year we’ll be back.

Because we play into them politics. Win and put people into the league and all that talk shuts up.

our player development ain’t been any good either but that’s another situation. Like why don’t our coaches on defense play to our players strengths? It’s all dumb
4 staffs and counting!!!

Advertisement
Blaming "player development" is the most beta-male **** I've ever heard.

No man needs another man to "develop" him. You take your own future in your own **** hands, and you DEVELOP YOURSELF.

It's called being "intrinsically motivated", as ANY manager or person in charge of others could tell you... and people who are good at ANY job, including football, are the people who motivate and develop themselves. Winners don't depend on anyone else to coach or develop them.

It's like blaming the teachers because your dumb *** never learned to read. ************, go buy a book.... don't blame someone else for YOUR **** failures.

Yes, coaching needs to improve at Miami.... but blame the **** players also. If Mark Pope can't catch that ain't on his coaches, it's on Mark Pope and nobody else.

Accountability, mother****ers.

I think a lot of our players have talent but most teams have talent. It comes down to how much you’re willing to work so you can get the most out of your talent. Most of the great ones didn’t have more talent than everyone else. What they did do was out work everyone else by more time in the gym, film room on the track etc.. For whatever reason we haven’t had to many of these kinda guys for some time.
And our coaching staff doesn’t seem to push them. So until the mentality changes from top to bottom I think this is what we can expect. I’ll keep rooting for them saying this is the year and hopefully one year we’ll be back.
But the staffs push Phillips and King and Kaaya and Berrios to work ...

And we play favorites with Pope and Wiggins vs the guys who didn’t play that were better yet they went on to combine for 20 catches and 300-400 yards and 3 TDs at Illinois and GT...would have thought those clearly better players would have blown the doors off at their next stops..

WTF is happening

Last edited:
Yeah manny wanna be best buds with everybody. I’d be stomping a mud hole on that sideline and in that Hecht building.
4 staffs.... same ****... Randy hated people. Golden was an outsider. Manny’s a politician. What was Richt??? No UGA baggie no recruitie?

No man needs another man to "develop" him. You take your own future in your own **** hands, and you DEVELOP YOURSELF.

It's called being "intrinsically motivated", as ANY manager or person in charge of others could tell you... and people who are good at ANY job, including football, are the people who motivate and develop themselves. Winners don't depend on anyone else to coach or develop them.

It's like blaming the teachers because your dumb *** never learned to read. ************, go buy a book.... don't blame someone else for YOUR **** failures.

Yes, coaching needs to improve at Miami.... but blame the **** players also. If Mark Pope can't catch that ain't on his coaches, it's on Mark Pope and nobody else.

Nail on the head brotha. Part of what I was getting at. These dudes don’t want it. They’re not hungry. That’s not the staffs job, to make sure you’re working on your craft on your own time, in the off-season, the summers. And when you’re on the **** field, the coach can’t catch the ball for you. You gotta GO GET IT, and we have a lot of players that are the opposite of go getters.

Advertisement

Duh fool but if you not being held accountable for not putting in that work wouldn’t that fall under not developing somebody.

would you play Pope and Wiggins? When would you have benched them and why?

Advertisement
Nah you dumb as rocks.

We have nationally ranked SoFlo recruits all over the **** roster. Not one of them was a top 5 player on our roster this year.

****, we got a Southridge “5 star” who can’t catch **** and gets ragdolled like a hoe all over the field. Him and Wiggins belong at FAMU.

South Florida kids aren’t as good as you think they are. **** if South Florida 2nd tier kids were half as good as you think they are we’d be dominating the ACC. We get 2nd tier SoFlo talent, we get the scraps. And they aren’t any better than the random 3-star kid from NY.
Bro you're too stupid you even realize that you're basically agreeing with me.
Look at your second-to-last sentence...and then read what I've been saying.

After that, log the fvck off, stick one thumb in your a$$ and the other in your mouth so you can't type anymore... then take your stupid a$$ to bed.
Dumb MF'er.

Anybody who thinks South Florida kids are the problem...tell me why we lead the nation in D1 signees and NFL talent.

Just answer that question.

Advertisement
Back