Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
…so then saying the stats were similar is inaccurate lol. What I said wasn’t wrong literally at all. Not my problem you couldnt understand the first or last sentence.

Oh lord. Did you just start watching college football yesterday?

The comparable stats indicate that both Rambo and Henderson can be relied upon to CATCH THE **** BALL once it is thrown to them. That they can get open. That they can be entrusted with a nice chunk of the offensive touches.

It does NOT guarantee that two separate coaches will USE THEM identically. Rambo and Henderson have comparable height, weight, and speed. Rambo and Henderson have a comparable number of catches. But that does not make them clones. And it does not make Rambo "better" because Lincoln Riley called for more downfield passing than Slingblade Billy did.

Every so often, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your terrible football analysis disappoints EVERY TIME. Thank God you have a day job that is not "coaching my beloved Miami Hurricanes".

I think the WR
Congratulations man. It looks like you hit the daily double with this one.

69782E28-8572-412C-A181-C39702A6B9E2.jpeg

Oh lord. Did you just start watching college football yesterday?

The comparable stats indicate that both Rambo and Henderson can be relied upon to CATCH THE **** BALL once it is thrown to them. That they can get open. That they can be entrusted with a nice chunk of the offensive touches.

It does NOT guarantee that two separate coaches will USE THEM identically. Rambo and Henderson have comparable height, weight, and speed. Rambo and Henderson have a comparable number of catches. But that does not make them clones. And it does not make Rambo "better" because Lincoln Riley called for more downfield passing than Slingblade Billy did.

Every so often, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your terrible football analysis disappoints EVERY TIME. Thank God you have a day job that is not "coaching my beloved Miami Hurricanes".
Lol no stat provided says anything about withers ability to catch the ball reliably because no target/ catch rate stat was given. The stats given were Catches, Yards, and TDs. In zero universe we’re the actual stats simulator for Rambo and Henderson. That is just a fact. Rambo was 1000% statistically superior. It’s not hard to just admit I am right lol.

Now like I said in my original post, you wanna say the stats aren’t reflective of his capabilities, and was very misused - go ahead. But you can’t say his statistical production was similar when it wasn’t. Some analytics could say regardless what the scheme is, if you aren’t dominating (as in dominating the yards/TDs) at a relatively young age, it’s not a good indicator of future success at WR.

Here I’ll make the better statistical comparison for y’all:

Rambo final 2 yrs at OUhad like 15% of the catches on offense, 14% of the yards, and 12% of the receiving TDs.

Henderson in final 2 seasons had about 14% of catches, 11% of the yards, and 9% of the TDs…

Like I said stick to he wasn’t being asked to do what he’s best at.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol no stat provided says anything about withers ability to catch the ball reliably because no target/ catch rate stat was given. The stats given were Catches, Yards, and TDs. In zero universe we’re the actual stats simulator for Rambo and Henderson. That is just a fact. Rambo was 1000% statistically superior. It’s not hard to just admit I am right lol.

Now like I said in my original post, you wanna say the stats aren’t reflective of his capabilities, and was very misused - go ahead. But you can’t say his statistical production was similar when it wasn’t. Some analytics could say regardless what the scheme is, if you aren’t dominating (as in dominating the yards/TDs) at a relatively young age, it’s not a good indicator of future success at WR.

Here I’ll make the better statistical comparison for y’all:

Rambo final 2 yrs at OUhad like 15% of the catches on offense, 14% of the yards, and 12% of the receiving TDs.

Henderson in final 2 seasons had about 14% of catches, 11% of the yards, and 9% of the TDs…

Like I said stick to he wasn’t being asked to do what he’s best at.
Those marketshares are basically in the same quadrant. By the time they are 3rd year players, they both qualify as a lotto tickets. The difference between them statistically is minimal.

To the underlined...I always agree with that. I was one of the first (maybe the first) to bring this metric to the table and its a really good one to tier off your WRs. You'll get players that get better as they get older...but you need to be dominating at a young age to be a stud most of the time. Once you hit 20 and you haven't gotten to 20% marketshare, you're basically a lotto ticket and anybody can do your job. Which is why the differences in those market numbers are minimal.

Advertisement
If this kid was happy (like loved it over there) with Anthony Richardson & now he's gonna ***** and transfer over Graham Mertz who is a definite upgrade (AS A QUARTERBACK not as a playmaker)than I really don't want this kid cause he's not sane.

This is logical but word in gville is that mertz has been very average. Maybe X decided "f this, I can't go another season with a bum at QB".

Advertisement
Those marketshares are basically in the same quadrant. By the time they are 3rd year players, they both qualify as a lotto tickets. The difference between them statistically is minimal.

To the underlined...I always agree with that. I was one of the first (maybe the first) to bring this metric to the table and its a really good one to tier off your WRs. You'll get players that get better as they get older...but you need to be dominating at a young age to be a stud most of the time. Once you hit 20 and you haven't gotten to 20% marketshare, you're basically a lotto ticket and anybody can do your job. Which is why the differences in those market numbers are minimal.
I agree that they are basically in the same quadrant, and maybe the difference is minimal. However I'd argue basically a 30% difference in Yard% AND TD% with <10% difference in catch% is statistically significant in so much as it at least shows one clearly had superior production than the other.

Regarding the dominator rating - Rambo had 18% of yards in 2019 at age 20.3 y/o... So close to a breakout season but not quite.
Hendersons best season was 14% last year at age 21? (idk his age tbh).. aka not very close at all.

edit: And btw if anyone was wondering what Rambo stats were his 1 season here: 26.8% Catch%, 30.4% Yard%, and 23% TD%. ... Thats Domination.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well at the least as I'm sure you know he's already set up a visit. Curious how we approach this. No banda = no problem. Lol
Kelee Ringo, Elias Ricks, Jordan Battle, now Xzavier Henderson….. and somehow found a way to get everyone to blame rumph. Impressive to say the least

Ehh. Yes and no. Addison obviously was a given as a stud. You knew EXACTLY what you were getting. In Jaelan you knew he was a stud ONCE HEALTHY & in the right system. I see what you mean though. But if you're thinking we can't get those types of kids ur just wrong though. Addison we were never on REALLY heavy. We had his initial attention but it quickly became obvious he was either trying to drive up his price or he was already committed. But we did have another one on his level that we were locked in with who will be a first round pick this year. He ended up staying with his school instead of entering the portal once word got out about a former staff member and his off the field activities. I get ALOT of people would wanna put that blame on Mario. But I'd be willing to bet those same people would scream if the story came out the other way how crazy it is for Mario to be keeping an eye on a staff members ****... Lose lose situation. Hindsight although from a play calling perspective I don't put ALL the blame on gattis, I certainly won't miss him all things considered.
@JG14 was wondering if they need someone for this job?

Advertisement
Back