Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Yes and that must mean that XH is heading home.
Lets Go GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Advertisement
My overall view is I don’t see the value in adding portal players that don’t significantly raise the ceiling of the team this year. We are a 6-7 win team - this guy doesnt raise that ceiling. I’d rather see the young guys get reps if we aren’t going to contend anyway. That’s not just for WR, that’s for all positions. The same reason I think we should roll with the Fr tackles and see what happens
I don’t disagree entirely with your thinking generally speaking, but in this instance I do.

If we had more young guys ready who needed reps and were promising then maybe, but we haven’t seen enough out of the depth at that position and we didn’t take any HS guys last cycle at that position.

AND the “ruining TVD/Mario offense suck” issues can cause significant harm to recruiting, so if landing a tall fast outside receiver can help open up the offense and give us seriously needed depth at the position than to me taking this kid is a no brainer.

I love CY and JG and even though JG does things at times that look really special, he has had serious consistency issues. Can’t bet the farm on an inconsistent guy staying healthy and playing to his potential when he hasn’t done it over the course of a season yet (not saying he can’t just saying we need back up options)

T

Tyler hasn't been good throughout spring here. Should he avoid what he is then? Facts are his time at Wisconsin is relevant and I wouldn't give a **** on spring results. Mertz is 10x the QB that Richardson is in college. He's not a world beater and he's learning a new offense. But he's still a better passer than Richardson.

I can't speak to how Henderson feels about TVD, I was just trying to explain why he might want to leave Hogtown.

And also his frustration over the plays that Slingblade Billy has been calling. Shannon Dawson might be a welcome change.

Just sayin'...

lol Yeah that was for all the real Cane Historians here, y'all don't tolerate no inaccuracies, no misquotes when it comes to UM history lol. And I loved his offense with Dorsey under center, but that was not Berlins strong suit.

Ha! Yeah, don't take it personally, but for those of us who lived through it all, we **** sure like to issue corrections when needed!

:ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
I don’t disagree entirely with your thinking generally speaking, but in this instance I do.

If we had more young guys ready who needed reps and were promising then maybe, but we haven’t seen enough out of the depth at that position and we didn’t take any HS guys last cycle at that position.

AND the “ruining TVD/Mario offense suck” issues can cause significant harm to recruiting, so if landing a tall fast outside receiver can help open up the offense and give us seriously needed depth at the position than to me taking this kid is a no brainer.

I love CY and JG and even though JG does things at times that look really special, he has had serious consistency issues. Can’t bet the farm on an inconsistent guy staying healthy and playing to his potential when he hasn’t done it over the course of a season yet (not saying he can’t just saying we need back up options)

We can't afford to suck this year. Or any year, but especially when Mario is trying to sell this vision. If he can help you win, you bring him in. Period. No need to overthink this stuff. Raise the ceiling, mold young players, etc. It's all nonsense. Can this kid help you field a better group of receivers? The answer is yes, with zero risk. So bring him in. That room stunk out loud last year, and it was crushed by injuries. We don't have the luxury of saying no to basically anybody somewhat competent. We have to win some games this year, and this kid will at least somewhat help you do that. This really isn't difficult, and I would be shocked if the staff didn't feel the same way. If this kid wants in, they'll take him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not saying he'll have the season Rambo did but god **** there a lot of similarities in body type, speed, stats at previous school, etc. Would love to add him to the WR room.

Advertisement
Oh my GOD, you are splitting hairs.

As has been very well-established on this thread, Henderson's lower "average yards per catch" is directly linked to the crappy way that Slingblade Billy used him last year (mostly bubble screens).

Come on, do about 30 seconds of research and thinking (can be a combination) before you vomit misleading stats. I can't believe you are comparing Lincoln Riley's offense to Slingblade Billy's offense.

Give it a rest. As if Henderson intentionally ran shorter routes than Rambo...

EDIT: Dammit, @OrangeBowlMagic , I just realized that you responded with something similar. Great minds...and @calinative umstudent is not a great mind...
…so then saying the stats were similar is inaccurate lol. What I said wasn’t wrong literally at all. Not my problem you couldnt understand the first or last sentence.

Advertisement
Back