Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Lingard is at Akron. At best, he is RB2 there. AT BEST.

Henderson might not be a 1k guy here, but he is a WR1-WR3, lowest WR4 at probably any P5.

That comparison goes together about as well as Lamb and Tunafish
Totally forgot he's at Akron. Going from the Turds to the Zips is what I would call a lateral move.

Go Canes
Go Flashes

Advertisement
Chud had no part of anything to do with ever wasting ANYTHING here. If you think chud didn't adapt to what he had at all times you're a lil off on that belief.

I maybe off with the dates for who was the OC at the time. But whoever decided not leave Berlin in the shotgun after the uif game whether Chud or Werner, wasted those defenses. And IDC what the authors of Encyclopedia Hurricana has to say lololol

I maybe off with the dates for who was the OC at the time. But whoever decided not leave Berlin in the shotgun after the uif game whether Chud or Werner, wasted those defenses. And IDC what the authors of Encyclopedia Hurricana has to say lololol
It was Clappy who kept Berlin under center...as far as Encyclopedia Hurricana remark, @Brooklyndee is 100% spot on about Chuds...Chuds offense averaged 42 pts a game in 2001.

If this kid was happy (like loved it over there) with Anthony Richardson & now he's gonna ***** and transfer over Graham Mertz who is a definite upgrade (AS A QUARTERBACK not as a playmaker)than I really don't want this kid cause he's not sane.

You can SAY Mertz is an upgrade, but Mertz hasn't been good in Florida's spring practices. That's just the truth. Henderson can't evaluate a couple of years of Mertz at Wisconsin, he can only base his opinion on what he sees with his own eyes in Hogtown.

Oh, and the playcaller is STILL Slingblade Billy...

I just feel like it’ll always be tough to get the #1 porta guy every season seems like USC Texas bama will always pay the most. And yea I was hoping for Zay too haha
Well if the hope is EVERY SEASON we should target the #1 portal guys you're setting yourself up for failure from jump. For tons of reasons that's simply not practical. All kinds of reasons kids get in the portal. They're not always synonymous. But what is mandatory from a teams perspective is you look to the portal to fill a void. When you recruit at a high level for any decent amount of time & you justify your evals then wholes (hence portal kids) become far less necessary. They take on a different cause. At that point you're simply building depth and kids are more likely to transfer out opposed to be keyed on to come in. Y'all gotta start seeing the portal for what it is. It's a back up plan. Nothing more. Look at bama for your example. Bama is primarily built through high school. It's a relatively well oiled machine. They have kids leaving far more often than coming in. Now let's look at the situation with Tyler. Bama has several VERY HIGHLY rated qbs on the roster. Before spring in the last portal window they were concerned about those kids progress. As a result they reached out to several upper class qbs who are well established. Tyler being one of them. They offered him an attractive situation PRIOR to spring coming in to transfer... He didn't bite but he came to us and informed us what was going on. It was handled internally. No one got that info for the most part because the people in the know ALL respected the situation and wanted to stay out of the way. Now post spring bama went through practice and decided they're not content with their situation so they stepped up pursuit on several kids. As y'all know now Tyler was one of them. If it wasn't for a certain *** clown begging for attention the situation would've been no different from last. It's not relevant who leaked that story to said *** clown but now we e seen them show their hand. Point being Tyler was a back up plan for bama and in no way will a one year starter at best slow down them going after and most likely eventually signing a 5 star QB. All that rant(my bad)to simply say the focus isn't on signing huge transfer names. It's on signing the best high school classes possible.

Advertisement
T
You can SAY Mertz is an upgrade, but Mertz hasn't been good in Florida's spring practices. That's just the truth. Henderson can't evaluate a couple of years of Mertz at Wisconsin, he can only base his opinion on what he sees with his own eyes in Hogtown.

Oh, and the playcaller is STILL Slingblade Billy...
Tyler hasn't been good throughout spring here. Should he avoid what he is then? Facts are his time at Wisconsin is relevant and I wouldn't give a **** on spring results. Mertz is 10x the QB that Richardson is in college. He's not a world beater and he's learning a new offense. But he's still a better passer than Richardson.

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee couldn’t it be as simple as it’s a money year for him and;

1. He knows from last season Billy is going to use him primarily for short passes/bubbles etc. which initially causes aggravation however despite that he does love Florida and stays through spring BUT THEN;

2. All of their QBs are cheeks and nobody comes via portal

He could still love UF but wants to do what’s in his best interest. Staying at UF likely ruins any chance of a career playing football
It could be. HOWEVER if a money grab is what he's trying to do he'll be disappointed with the results. He's not the type of player ON PAPER who'll get that attention. That's more based on results or connections. Guess we'll see.

Looks like we're:

5f0244b0893a6edadcc63607c57c12f3.gif

Advertisement
It was Clappy who kept Berlin under center...as far as Encyclopedia Hurricana remark, @Brooklyndee is 100% spot on about Chuds...Chuds offense averaged 42 pts a game in 2001.
lol Yeah that was for all the real Cane Historians here, y'all don't tolerate no inaccuracies, no misquotes when it comes to UM history lol. And I loved his offense with Dorsey under center, but that was not Berlins strong suit.

It could be. HOWEVER if a money grab is what he's trying to do he'll be disappointed with the results. He's not the type of player ON PAPER who'll get that attention. That's more based on results or connections. Guess we'll see.

I agree he’s not an NFL prospect. But HE thinks he is and probably just wants to set himself up for the best possible results is all I’m saying.

He saw Mertz and was like “‘I’m out “. He’s not getting big money to come here , it’s more about the qb , the system and trying to get some draft buzz.

Advertisement
Well if the hope is EVERY SEASON we should target the #1 portal guys you're setting yourself up for failure from jump. For tons of reasons that's simply not practical. All kinds of reasons kids get in the portal. They're not always synonymous. But what is mandatory from a teams perspective is you look to the portal to fill a void. When you recruit at a high level for any decent amount of time & you justify your evals then wholes (hence portal kids) become far less necessary. They take on a different cause. At that point you're simply building depth and kids are more likely to transfer out opposed to be keyed on to come in. Y'all gotta start seeing the portal for what it is. It's a back up plan. Nothing more. Look at bama for your example. Bama is primarily built through high school. It's a relatively well oiled machine. They have kids leaving far more often than coming in. Now let's look at the situation with Tyler. Bama has several VERY HIGHLY rated qbs on the roster. Before spring in the last portal window they were concerned about those kids progress. As a result they reached out to several upper class qbs who are well established. Tyler being one of them. They offered him an attractive situation PRIOR to spring coming in to transfer... He didn't bite but he came to us and informed us what was going on. It was handled internally. No one got that info for the most part because the people in the know ALL respected the situation and wanted to stay out of the way. Now post spring bama went through practice and decided they're not content with their situation so they stepped up pursuit on several kids. As y'all know now Tyler was one of them. If it wasn't for a certain *** clown begging for attention the situation would've been no different from last. It's not relevant who leaked that story to said *** clown but now we e seen them show their hand. Point being Tyler was a back up plan for bama and in no way will a one year starter at best slow down them going after and most likely eventually signing a 5 star QB. All that rant(my bad)to simply say the focus isn't on signing huge transfer names. It's on signing the best high school classes possible.
For sure. Loved the rant. I get what ur saying and I’m on ur side. Me personally I just don’t think we would ever have a shot at the #1 portal guy unless Dawson or Guidry vastly improve our team. Not that we should need the portal guy bc Mario is an elite recruiter but hopefully with on field success this year if there is a stud out there we can sprinkle in a stud here and there from the portal. Hope we never rely on that

My overall view is I don’t see the value in adding portal players that don’t significantly raise the ceiling of the team this year. We are a 6-7 win team - this guy doesnt raise that ceiling. I’d rather see the young guys get reps if we aren’t going to contend anyway. That’s not just for WR, that’s for all positions. The same reason I think we should roll with the Fr tackles and see what happens

You need to change your mindset and expectations. Raising the floor is just as important.

Advertisement
Back