Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
Your knowledge and insight in these situations is far superior than mine Dee. My point was that some are rejecting XH just because he’s a gator. I despise the gator as much as any Cane but sometimes we have to see a bigger picture. I honestly have no idea if he’s better than any of our current WR’s or if he‘ll add intangibles to that room that’ll benefit them long term. I’ll defer to your judgement in that regard.
No worries brother. My comment wasn't directly relating to you. It was speaking in general because of some of the various posts I read. @Cribby I checked out some of his highlights because of your insight on him. He's a tough read only because it's so limited what's out on him. Very similar to nephew. I guess due to size and experience alone I'd probably say he's a take. But if I was staff I'd need to do a lil due diligence here. #1 what's his work ethic like. #2 I'd need a **** good explanation why he just jumped into the portal. Because feelers on him come back he loves it there and he was supposed to start. Unless the turds are taking someone in the portal to fill his spot than why leave if you love it and ur gonna start & you just got coaches back in the program that you are on record of saying how much you like working with them... Definitely more than meets the eye here.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes you actually re-posted the Chise photoshop of gatorerro in a now-deleted thread…

2488CE6B-85E0-461B-B74F-EDF54D8D2BFE.jpeg

No worries brother. My comment wasn't directly relating to you. It was speaking in general because of some of the various posts I read. @Cribby I checked out some of his highlights because of your insight on him. He's a tough read only because it's so limited what's out on him. Very similar to nephew. I guess due to size and experience alone I'd probably say he's a take. But if I was staff I'd need to do a lil due diligence here. #1 what's his work ethic like. #2 I'd need a **** good explanation why he just jumped into the portal. Because feelers on him come back he loves it there and he was supposed to start. Unless the turds are taking someone in the portal to fill his spot than why leave if you love it and ur gonna start & you just got coaches back in the program that you are on record of saying how much you like working with them... Definitely more than meets the eye here.
Probably doesn’t love the qb situation over there.

Advertisement
What are u talking about Phillips was retired and nobody wanted him. Recruiting 5*s out of high school is completely different from a stud transfer portal player such as Addison. Dude was the biletnikoff winner. I have no clue what ur trying to argue my point over bc u completely missed it. Stay off Meth
That's nowhere near true no one wanted Jaelan. Was plenty of varying opinions out there between the blue bloods. Some passing due to injury concerns and most not willing to completely give him time and space to heal before play. But plenty of offers with some form of a real commitment. He just wanted to be in a town similar to Cali.

That's nowhere near true no one wanted Jaelan. Was plenty of varying opinions out there between the blue bloods. Some passing due to injury concerns and most not willing to completely give him time and space to heal before play. But plenty of offers with some form of a real commitment. He just wanted to be in a town similar to Cali.
So he was on Addison type level as a transfer is all I’m saying

So he was on Addison type level as a transfer is all I’m saying
Ehh. Yes and no. Addison obviously was a given as a stud. You knew EXACTLY what you were getting. In Jaelan you knew he was a stud ONCE HEALTHY & in the right system. I see what you mean though. But if you're thinking we can't get those types of kids ur just wrong though. Addison we were never on REALLY heavy. We had his initial attention but it quickly became obvious he was either trying to drive up his price or he was already committed. But we did have another one on his level that we were locked in with who will be a first round pick this year. He ended up staying with his school instead of entering the portal once word got out about a former staff member and his off the field activities. I get ALOT of people would wanna put that blame on Mario. But I'd be willing to bet those same people would scream if the story came out the other way how crazy it is for Mario to be keeping an eye on a staff members ****... Lose lose situation. Hindsight although from a play calling perspective I don't put ALL the blame on gattis, I certainly won't miss him all things considered.

Advertisement
Doesn’t matter. It’s irrelevant. If you’re going to turn down talent you need because they simply chose another school out of high school then you’d be a terrible failure at your job - were that your job. Business is business. You’re letting your personal butthurt feelings get in the way of the bottom line which makes no sense for a professional trying to win.
Dude you are blowing this way up lol! If he’s comes and produce great. I just feel we have some guys that can produce as well that needs another opportunity. I’m not butthurt 😂. Obviously most poster want him on the team. Let’s see what happens

Dude you are blowing this way up lol! If he’s comes and produce great. I just feel we have some guys that can produce as well that needs another opportunity. I’m not butthurt 😂. Obviously most poster want him on the team. Let’s see what happens
Ok but you mentioned that he didn’t want to be a Cane and others did out of high school so you didn’t want him. I used to think that way. Those days are gone and these days are different.

Advertisement
My overall view is I don’t see the value in adding portal players that don’t significantly raise the ceiling of the team this year. We are a 6-7 win team - this guy doesnt raise that ceiling. I’d rather see the young guys get reps if we aren’t going to contend anyway. That’s not just for WR, that’s for all positions. The same reason I think we should roll with the Fr tackles and see what happens

You’re looking at this backwards. We have to raise the floor as well. We are a few injuries between 4 wins vs 8.

Ehh. Yes and no. Addison obviously was a given as a stud. You knew EXACTLY what you were getting. In Jaelan you knew he was a stud ONCE HEALTHY & in the right system. I see what you mean though. But if you're thinking we can't get those types of kids ur just wrong though. Addison we were never on REALLY heavy. We had his initial attention but it quickly became obvious he was either trying to drive up his price or he was already committed. But we did have another one on his level that we were locked in with who will be a first round pick this year. He ended up staying with his school instead of entering the portal once word got out about a former staff member and his off the field activities. I get ALOT of people would wanna put that blame on Mario. But I'd be willing to bet those same people would scream if the story came out the other way how crazy it is for Mario to be keeping an eye on a staff members ****... Lose lose situation. Hindsight although from a play calling perspective I don't put ALL the blame on gattis, I certainly won't miss him all things considered.
I just feel like it’ll always be tough to get the #1 porta guy every season seems like USC Texas bama will always pay the most. And yea I was hoping for Zay too haha

@Brooklyndee couldn’t it be as simple as it’s a money year for him and;

1. He knows from last season Billy is going to use him primarily for short passes/bubbles etc. which initially causes aggravation however despite that he does love Florida and stays through spring BUT THEN;

2. All of their QBs are cheeks and nobody comes via portal

He could still love UF but wants to do what’s in his best interest. Staying at UF likely ruins any chance of a career playing football

Advertisement
Thanks Dee. As always, appreciate your insight and knowledge.

@Brooklyndee couldn’t it be as simple as it’s a money year for him and;

1. He knows from last season Billy is going to use him primarily for short passes/bubbles etc. which initially causes aggravation however despite that he does love Florida and stays through spring BUT THEN;

2. All of their QBs are cheeks and nobody comes via portal

He could still love UF but wants to do what’s in his best interest. Staying at UF likely ruins any chance of a career playing football

He's doing what's best for his family and making a business decision. Please respect it.

Advertisement
Back