Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

IIRC Rambo wasn't really Rambo until he got into Lashlees offense and started winning 1-on-1 battles consistently. At the time of his transfer he was regarded in much the same way as Henderson - dude with physical tools that had middling production up to that point.
This. Rambo had one good year at OSU and then crashed and was overtaken by others. EDIT: He went to OU and I am a moron.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol....Guess Dan Werner wasn't our OC in 04..

I'll never forget or forgive Coker for slowing down the passing game vs UNCCH that season. Brock could've thrown easily for 500 yards vs them the way he started. But nope. Let's run the ball more and we couldn't regain mo after that and blew the game in the end.

Werner's playcalling helped Berlin a lot that season. Guess he understood him a lot better than Chud did.

Let him compete for the 85th roster spot with Luis Cristobal…

Our WRs have been bad…

If TVD gives up on the team again (as has been alluded to here), Henderson’s experience with a QB that can’t throw could come in handy…

This guy is average at best. We have plenty of average on the current roster so why add more average at the WR position. Seek out difference makers at WR or stand your ground as we have plenty of bodies there.

Average but caught 400+ yard last season, a feat no one else has done among our WR group. Cager was "average" but still won games for us.

Advertisement
Think we're overstating what it takes to be productive in college as a wide receiver somewhat because of the abomination of last year for us. I suspect the same guys who struggled last year will look competent this year in Dawson's system, and a pure vertical guy like Henderson can put up some really good numbers if used correctly.

This isn't the NFL where guys need to have fully-developed route trees, be able to sink their hips etc just to be a top 3 option on a good team.

Let him compete for the 85th roster spot with Luis Cristobal…

Our WRs have been bad…

If TVD gives up on the team again (as has been alluded to here), Henderson’s experience with a QB that can’t throw could come in handy…
rick ross GIF

Advertisement
I genuinely cannot understand how people watched our group for 12 games last year and can say things like this. I can't even wrap my head around it.

Not to mention they took Ladson last year for a similar role as we lacked this kind of athlete, size, and speed. Well, that didn't work out and there's still that missing piece. He's also a good blocker and can return kicks. There's no downside here.

Advertisement
Extremely difficult to evaluate a player who’s been on a team with a poor qb or a sht system.

And that basically places Hendo in the same catagory as some of our receivers.

The portal is still somewhat of a crap shoot imo with very few exceptions.

G5 player puts up ridiculous numbers but can’t separate at p5. Same player never transfer from G5 gets drafted in the 4th round and goes to the pro bowl.

P5 player is producing but transfers to better conference outs up average numbers and never plays football after college.

Until you line it up you don’t know what’s gonna happen.

Sometimes players can’t get used to the high tempo high demand environments of some college programs.

Nah, I'm not hearing some of this craziness.

This kid:

1- Led UF in catches (38 last year) against SEC DB's.
2- UF had an erratic QB
3- UF misused him
4- UF had poor play calling, especially with him
5- He's legit fast
6- Even with all these albatrosses he was a starter and was productive against SEC comp
7- He went to Columbus AND its a flip off UF's roster. I'm down for the salt, too.
8- We NEED a fast, tall (6-3") WR. He is that.
9- We need depth and comp.

With a better passer, better WR-friendly offense and OC, better OL, and a chip on his shoulder, we really don't think this kid can be even more productive here at UM against ACC comp than he was at that UF Billy-called running ****show?

With our vertical passing game and TVD y'all really don't think this kid has 50 catches, 750 yards, and 6 TD's up his sleeve? He's not a lazy kid like Ladson.

Bring him to me. It's also a statement on the trail and in recruiting circles. We NEED him. Grab him and then go big game hunting on anything better that lands in the portal. We have room to take two. But right now the options aren't great.

If our WR's caught balls the way y'all catch feelings we wouldn't need him lol.

Last edited:
Punt return was a mess last year so adding a solid to pretty good wr that’s a vet in the return game would be big. Not stressing on every punt catch would be nice , I haven’t felt that way since BB
Brock Berlin was returning punts........

Images Monkey GIF

Advertisement
He going to be Miami’s version of the Lorenzo Lingard transfer.

Major athlete who can’t really play.

Gets overvalued by the new destination.

Shows up and continues to perform at the same level.

Fanbase from the previous stop is unrelenting with the lulz.
Lingard is at Akron. At best, he is RB2 there. AT BEST.

Henderson might not be a 1k guy here, but he is a WR1-WR3, lowest WR4 at probably any P5.

That comparison goes together about as well as Lamb and Tunafish

Nah, I'm not hearing some of this craziness.

This kid:

1- Led UF in catches (38 last year) against SEC DB's.
2- UF had an erratic QB
3- UF misused him
4- UF had poor play calling, especially with him
5- He's legit fast
6- Even with all these albatrosses he was a starter and was productive against SEC comp
7- He went to Columbus AND its a flip off UF's roster. I'm down for the salt, too.
8- We NEED a fast, tall (6-3") WR. He is that.
9- We need depth and comp.

With a better passer, better WR-friendly offense and OC, better OL, and a chip on his shoulder, we really don't think this kid can be even more productive here at UM than he was at that UF Billy-called running ****show against ACC comp?

With our vertical passing game and TVD y'all really don't think this kid has 50 catches, 750 yards, and 6 TD's up his sleeve? He's not a lazy kid like Ladson.

Bring him to me. It's also a statement on the trail and in recruiting circles. We NEED him. Grab him and then go big game hunting on anything better that lands in the portal. We have room to take two. But right now the options aren't great.

If our WR's caught balls the way y'all catch feelings we wouldn't need him lol.
I don't see the argument not to bring him unless there is another WR that the staff thinks is better and a realistic possibility that is available, they think that is he is a cancer (haven't seen that suggested anywhere), or taking him would stop us from taking a stud at another position of need due to scholarship limitations.

I understand the argument about stunting young players' growth, but we are at the stage where we need to show something on the field or we start facing the risk that players at positions we haven't struggled at don't want to come b/c of the overall play.

Last edited:
IIRC Rambo wasn't really Rambo until he got into Lashlees offense and started winning 1-on-1 battles consistently. At the time of his transfer he was regarded in much the same way as Henderson - dude with physical tools that had middling production up to that point.

Yeah he wasn’t a can’t miss stud portal addition. The year before leaving OU he had a pretty bad season, worse than Henderson last year. Rambo did have a pretty solid second year with over 700 yards but he didn’t blow up until TVD and Rambo caught fire with Lashlee.

We would all be ecstatic adding a 700~ yard WR to the current roster. Henderson can probably be that in a better suited offense.

Also, from a recruiting perspective, it would be a great pitch with him leaving UF and performing better under Dawson and Co.

Advertisement
Back