Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
I remember about 6 or so years ago on CIS when I would go off on the local turncoat traitors for choosing Bama and others - who also dropped bags - when we had coaches like Coker, Radio, Alf the previous 15 years developing little and invested dog **** in our program. And then I too blamed these kids for not wanting to play here and I too said, if they didn’t want in before then they can’t come here later. I only want Canes. Lol

And we kept losing games and recruits.

Good times man.

I never went down that path.

When your future is on the line, you go with the best possible option. We haven't been that in a long time.

To me, and maybe people don't think of it like this, it's the same as normal students picking a school based on what they think their major is going to be. We as fans don't generally see it as that, but it's the same thing.

I've always maintained that I wouldn't send a kid or relative of mine here since the Coker days. Mario, I'm on the fence and you know where I'm leaning as we've talked about that. I'll just say that we'd be in the conversation, but there's schools that are no brainers.

To add to all of that, his brother went up there and it's easy to understand why he'd pick them in that case. I'm sure he saw the best of things when he went there to visit and have fun on the weekends.

Nobody should have that, you lost your chance attitude now. Coaches never think that way, they make offers based on if they can help the team or not. Butt hurt is a fan thing.

When your future is on the line, you go with the best possible option. We haven't been that in a long time.

To me, and maybe people don't think of it like this, it's the same as normal students picking a school based on what they think their major is going to be. We as fans don't generally see it as that, but it's the same thing.

I've always maintained that I wouldn't send a kid or relative of mine here since the Coker days. Mario, I'm on the fence and you know where I'm leaning as we've talked about that. I'll just say that we'd be in the conversation, but there's schools that are no brainers.

To add to all of that, his brother went up there and it's easy to understand why he'd pick them in that case. I'm sure he saw the best of things when he went there to visit and have fun on the weekends.

Nobody should have that, you lost your chance attitude now. Coaches never think that way, they make offers based on if they can help the team or not. Butt hurt is a fan thing.
Yeah, I had to be educated out of my ignorance and also grow up as a fan to some degree because the school is responsible for what became of the program. At the time, I don’t think I understood it. It was as simple as why don’t these kids love our City’s team like I did growing up but they had futures at stake and this wasn’t 84-2001 anymore.

Advertisement
Yeah, I had to be educated out of my ignorance and also grow up as a fan to some degree because the school is responsible for what became of the program. At the time, I don’t think I understood it. It was as simple as why don’t these kids love our City’s team like I did growing up but they had futures at stake and this wasn’t 84-2001 anymore.

It's almost gotten to the point, again comparing it to normal students, where our players chose a school that no longer had their major. You were almost guaranteed to go pro in something else.

Hope it changes with Mario.

That would assume all these no brainers are a sure thing. I seen players who did their due now trying to come back to Miami. Im happy with the way and profile they are recruiting now. Coaches should not be a detriment like Gattis, but the main ingredient is bringing in kids with a certain mindset off rip. We been failing that. Too many weak minds on the same squad

Henderson numbers weren’t all that lol. I believe he had his starting QB all year as well. We had rotating QBs all year.View attachment 236537View attachment 236538
Yet the only dude that could get open was a JUCO transfer from NY. Spare me the “I believe in them”. I believe in them too…as in I believe them when they show me they suck.

Advertisement
Brock had one legendary game (half, really) against the gator and people have some bizarre memory like he was a great player.

Now, don’t get me wrong. That night in the OB was one of the best nights of my life, bar none. That place was an absolute insane asylum in the 2nd half that night. I will never forget the fun I had in the old girl for about an hour and a half as we came back.

But the rest of that season he was flat out terrible. He had a much better year in 2004 but he still wasn’t very good. He just didn’t turn the ball over as much. But for the vast majority of his tenure here, he stunk.

He was. But the stubbornness of Chud did not help. I blame Chud just as much as Berlin for wasting the 04 defense.

(Nostalgia is all we have left)
1682309732834.gif

Nostalgia and cheap whiskey.

Advertisement
I sense all kinds of sarcasm there my brother. But I get what what you mean. Atleast I'm hoping you mean he flashes but for all his own reasons he's held back. You mean when you say over the juco kid you'd take him over young? You like him like that? Okay. I'm gonna go check out his tape. I put value into your opinion hermano so I'll check it out. Personally I think LAST SEASONS Young in this offense could've been a first rounder if we get QB play ironed out. But I noticed he was lacking same explosiveness this spring that I saw from him last season. I hope that's an aberration.
I think he means the 2023 kid that we recently hosted for an OV...Jackson is believe is his name.

Rex was a **** good QB, going all the way back to high school. I'm not even going to say he failed in the NFL, seems the Bears destroy everyone.

Bears have a ****** history with QBs but him thinking he was the main character cost us SB XLI. He threw 2 picks and should had had a couple more.

Brock was what he was. At UF he played in a qb friendly offense that used plenty of the shotgun. He was just feast or famine and that’s why he lost out to Rex. Who was a much better player. The whole legend of him in shotgun has grown to legendary status lol.

Grossman went on to be a first round draft pick, and probably should have won the Heisman in 2001.

Berlin lost out to him because Grossman was just very good in college.

Advertisement
Im proud of u man lol but nah there’s alot of our fans who still don’t understand this but I’ve realized people are not emotionally intact(not a bad thing) enough to actually look at things from a different perspective than their fandom. It is what it is but I respect u for saying this.

Advertisement
Back