XFL Buy/Sell

Advertisement
I am interested to see what this league does when March Madness, MLB, The Masters and NBA playoffs start. I would imagine their views will go down a lot.

Their views probably went down a lot after week 1. Once the novelty wore off.

And, if they even have a second season, nobody will watch them. They definitely won’t have a third season.

Advertisement
Sell. It’s stupid, just like every other off season league that pops up. The only one that had a chance was the USFL in the 80s but they got greedy and tried to go up against the NFL which was a stupid decision. Had the USFL stayed a spring/summer league they’d still be around today. There was a good 30 for 30 on it.

Lol one of the main reasons the USFL died is now sitting in the oval office.

Lol one of the main reasons the USFL died is now sitting in the oval office.

Not a Trump fan, but I don’t think he had much of anything to do with the USFL’s failure. Any attempted alternative to the NFL is going to flop, regardless of what businessmen are behind it.

With that being said, the fact that he thought investing in the USFL was a good idea does raise questions about Trump’s business prowess. Any good businessman should know there are some industries that nobody can make successful.

Last edited:
I say "Sell". Already, there isn't enough good QB play to go around in the NFL. Bad QB play in the XFL will make it difficult to watch. Rules tweaks are interesting but not enough to make the XFL a good product.

I'm all in. The quality of the entire product is better than the AAF. We have to remember these guys have never played together. I think it'll only get better. NFL players will have to weigh if they want to be 3rd RB's or just special teamers in the NFL or starters in the XFL once Vince gets a few more towns involved and more Saudi money to pay them with.

Being on ABC, FOX, and ESPN vs CBS Sports or whatever doesn't hurt, either. And you can stream every game. Vince ain't no dummy. This could be his legacy, along with Katie Vick, brother.

XFL 1.0 Vince took two really dumb approaches: 1) running it himself 2) hiring old farts who ran Dan Enos offense. I saw a tweet once that said what if Vince had hired Mumme, Leach, Meyer and Rich Rod back in 2001 vs Gerry Dinardo and those old farts. XFL 2.0 he's at least trying to score more points with the rules (which should go to the NFL) and OC's like Jones and Mumme (who has struggled)

Huh?

A lot of wtf statements but you seriously think Saudi Arabia is going to invest in the XFL?

Advertisement
That article talks about how McMahon cut the feed from the last WWE show in Saudi Arabia after not being paid for previous shows and several performers not being allowed to leave on time by SA because of that.

Sure sounds like beginnings of a great partnership.

Just admit you don't know anything about Vince, WWE, and Saudi Arabia and move on. Sometimes we win, sometimes we have Manny's win-loss record. It happens.
https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-earning-a-reported-450-million-from-saudi-arabia-deal

Advertisement
Not a Trump fan, but I don’t think he had much of anything to do with the USFL’s failure. Any attempted alternative to the NFL is going to flop, regardless of what businessmen are behind it.

With that being said, the fact that he thought investing in the USFL was a good idea does raise questions about Trump’s business prowess. Any good businessman should know there are some industries that nobody can make successful.

Trump had quite a bit of responsibility for the USFL's failure. He straight up lied about a meeting that occurred with the NFL commissioner and concocted a ridiculous story that the NFL commissioner promised him a NFL team if he secretly sabotaged the USFL.

Advertisement
Back