XFL Buy/Sell

Advertisement
I have yet to watch it, and I was all in for the AAF. Who broadcasts it?

I'm all in. The quality of the entire product is better than the AAF. We have to remember these guys have never played together. I think it'll only get better. NFL players will have to weigh if they want to be 3rd RB's or just special teamers in the NFL or starters in the XFL once Vince gets a few more towns involved and more Saudi money to pay them with.

Being on ABC, FOX, and ESPN vs CBS Sports or whatever doesn't hurt, either. And you can stream every game. Vince ain't no dummy. This could be his legacy, along with Katie Vick, brother.

XFL 1.0 Vince took two really dumb approaches: 1) running it himself 2) hiring old farts who ran Dan Enos offense. I saw a tweet once that said what if Vince had hired Mumme, Leach, Meyer and Rich Rod back in 2001 vs Gerry Dinardo and those old farts. XFL 2.0 he's at least trying to score more points with the rules (which should go to the NFL) and OC's like Jones and Mumme (who has struggled)

Advertisement
The product has been solid from what I’ve seen. Far superior to AAF and the original XFL. The pace is faster and the offenses are a bit more creative than a majority of the NFL teams. Quarterback play isn’t nearly there and they’re going to have to keep attracting solid QBs for the league to succeed. I’m curious to see what will happen with the pay scale in the future. The average salary for a non starting QB is only around 50 grand. That’s about a third of what an NFL practice squad player makes and about a tenth of the league minimum for a roster player. In other words, nobody is leaving a third string gig in the NFL to star in the XFL. Also, since Vince McMahon owns the league, every team and the rights to all the players, they can’t make any side money through endorsements or likeness fees. They’re all on one year deals too so it will be interesting to see what happens if they make it to a second season

Advertisement
What would make you a buy?

Is there a thing of "too much football"?
1) I am not sure. I feel like I am on a used car lot and you are trying to sell me inferior cars that I have not really put much thought into. They are new weird models that look like the cars that I am used to buying but there's obvious issues just by looking at all of them.

2) I don't think so. I don't mind football being on so it will be more like background noise until baseball season starts up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Buy. I like what I'm seeing. The rules are WAY better and more exciting than the NFL and games don't last all day either.

Advertisement
Any fan of college football should like the XFL. These guys are former college stars with talent. Some of them have NFL talent. It cool to see these guys competing and playing the game they love. This will easily be the second best pro league.

The instant replay insights are awesome and you can learn more about the game than the NFL due to the hot coach mics. You hear the play calls and how a coach communicates with his players. I think it is fantastic for people that like football. The access is unparalleled

Not sure. It's almost like they promote things well when they have the rights to them or something, and **** on things that air on rival networks.

I've been surprised how the rival networks mention the upcoming XFL game being shown across the channels.

V McMahon is a marketing genius for the markets he participates in. More success than failures (all anyone can strive for right?).

tenor-16.gif
Haven't decided yet. It's been entertaining, but I'm an old school football traditionalist

Advertisement
Back